Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rate The Bryan Loren Tracks!

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Rate The Bryan Loren Tracks!

I quite like them. They are different from other stuff that MJ did, they all have a distinct sound. Not album worthy though compared to his other material.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 446
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,195 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothGangsta View Post
    I quite like them. They are different from other stuff that MJ did, they all have a distinct sound. Not album worthy though compared to his other material.
    Have you heard the ****** episode with Bryan loren? Lol wow, he came off as so incredibly rude,combatative and more or less thought that his stuff was superior what ended up on dangerous. I recommend you watch it. I could only get halfway through it do, it was a bit off putting to be honest.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Themidwestcowboy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    Have you heard the ****** episode with Bryan loren? Lol wow, he came off as so incredibly rude,combatative and more or less thought that his stuff was superior what ended up on dangerous. I recommend you watch it. I could only get halfway through it do, it was a bit off putting to be honest.

He didn't say anything like that. He said that he put 4 years into this and he was very hurt that he didn't make it on dangerous. But he was angry that his songs inspired dangerous (and a lot of his later work) but he didn't get any credit for it. Listen to the podcast with an open mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 497 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mogul View Post
    He didn't say anything like that. He said that he put 4 years into this and he was very hurt that he didn't make it on dangerous. But he was angry that his songs inspired dangerous (and a lot of his later work) but he didn't get any credit for it. Listen to the podcast with an open mind.

I think he came across as bitter and resentful throughout to be honest. I don't agree with him that it was a surprise Serious Effect didn't make the album, because it's a basic demo that frankly wasn't good enough to be on the record or even considered for the record (MJ and Loren made better demos) and without him provided any evidence I doubt Mike and Teddy would have lifted his sound and used it as the foundation for the album without credited Mr Loren. The best example of this was when he said how he worked on the song Money with Mike then when the interview asked him if he knew the engineer who worked on the track, Loren said he never heard of him. That seemed a bit odd to me

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal1995 View Post
    I think he came across as bitter and resentful throughout to be honest. I don't agree with him that it was a surprise Serious Effect didn't make the album, because it's a basic demo that frankly wasn't good enough to be on the record or even considered for the record (MJ and Loren made better demos) and without him provided any evidence I doubt Mike and Teddy would have lifted his sound and used it as the foundation for the album without credited Mr Loren. The best example of this was when he said how he worked on the song Money with Mike then when the interview asked him if he knew the engineer who worked on the track, Loren said he never heard of him. That seemed a bit odd to me
    Yeah that seemed odd to me too. But remember this was (if real) done in 1995. I don't even remember everything i did from last month with full details let alone remember something from 23 years ago.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mogul For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mogul View Post

I love Bryan Loren’s work with mike! Super fly sister is in my top 5 MJ songs ever. I went with a very open mind but just the way he was sounding bitter and comparative and even at some point belittling the work MJ did with Riley and on top of that he accused Riley of stealing his stuff. It was so strange how he said that he wanted MJ to go back to making gritty music like Work that body.. lol what?

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

How does that have anything to do with what I wrote? This thread is about the songs not whether we like Bryan Loren or not lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothGangsta View Post
    How does that have anything to do with what I wrote? This thread is about the songs not whether we like Bryan Loren or not lol.
    Since we were on the topic of Bryan loren and MJ I just wanted to share this with you if you were interested in it, he actually gives an in depth account of how they created these songs that we are talking about in this thread. personally it made me appreciate the songs even more

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Themidwestcowboy For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Since we were on the topic of Bryan loren and MJ I just wanted to share this with you if you were interested in it, he actually gives an in depth account of how they created these songs that we are talking about in this thread. personally it made me appreciate the songs even more
    I will check it out at some point. I listened to the Michael Prince one and quite enjoyed it!