Rate The Bryan Loren Tracks!

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
Let's do it guys, here goes my list!

1. Superfly Sister
2. Mind Is The Magic
3. She Got It
4. Ghost Of Another Lover (I don't know if this really is a bryan Loren track but it really sounds like it. If not, this gets omitted by default)
5. Man In Black
6. Serious Effect
7. Lisa It's Your Birthday
8. Work That Body

Last edited:
Superfly sister
Men in black
She got it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good idea

1. Superfly Sister (so funky, and I love the hook)
2. Ghost Of Another Lover (need this to be released as is, would love it to be more complete)
3. Men In Black (desperate for this, there has to be complete version)
4. Mind Is The Magic (love the melody (very Liberian Girl) and the instrumental is brilliant)
5. She Got It (this has potential, closest Mike got to a Prince track)
6. Work That Body (always makes me think of Do The Bartman)
7. Lisa It's Your Birthday (loved it since I heard it)

I like all the Bryan Loren cuts, they have this raw funkiness to them that suited Michael's style in the early Dangerous era
Hopefully they release more tracks from the sessions, they did 25 to 30, hopefully there are some gems in there

Isn't Serious Effect also one with Bryan?

Not a fan of any Bryan Loren song but here are my choices:

1. Men In Black (the only one of them I could love. I really like the snippet and hope that a full version exists)
2. Superfly Sister
3. Work That Body
4. Serious Effect
5. Lisa It's Your Birthday (not a Bad song but nothing for a studio album)
6. She Got It

Good idea

1. Superfly Sister (so funky, and I love the hook)
2. Ghost Of Another Lover (need this to be released as is, would love it to be more complete)
3. Men In Black (desperate for this, there has to be complete version)
4. Mind Is The Magic (love the melody (very Liberian Girl) and the instrumental is brilliant)
5. She Got It (this has potential, closest Mike got to a Prince track)
6. Work That Body (always makes me think of Do The Bartman)
7. Lisa It's Your Birthday (loved it since I heard it)

I like all the Bryan Loren cuts, they have this raw funkiness to them that suited Michael's style in the early Dangerous era
Hopefully they release more tracks from the sessions, they did 25 to 30, hopefully there are some gems in there

Wow how could i forget about Sigfrieeed and RoooOooOOOoooooooy! I'll revise my list, and i'm listing this as nr 2. The instrumentation alone is so complex and rich and I love the lyrics

1. She Got It
2. Mind Is The Magic
3. Superfly Sister
4. Lisa It's Your Birthday
5. Work That Body
6. Men In Black

Honorable Mention- To Satisfy You (MJ on chorus only)

I passionately hate the "funky" ones.

But I really love "Ghost of Another Lover". A pity that Michael didn't record full vocals for it.
They should release this as a Dub Mix (Instrumental + the completed chorus background vocals and Michaels other mumbling muted).

Probably mic-recorded at one of the seminars with Michaels engineers:

I passionately hate the "funky" ones.

But I really love "Ghost of Another Lover". A pity that Michael didn't record full vocals for it.
They should release this as a Dub Mix (Instrumental + the completed chorus background vocals and Michaels other mumbling muted).

Probably mic-recorded at one of the seminars with Michaels engineers

That is the Sergie Sainz enhanced shitty version quality...

Here this more better:

Bryan Loren said that "Mind is the Magic" is completely Michael Jackson track (production and everything). He mentioned "Happy birthday, Lisa", too, but I forgot what he said about it.

I don't like any of those tracks except "To Satisfy You". "Do the Bartman" is kinda funny, but that's about it.

Last edited:
Nope. I don't like any of them. Serious Effect, maybe a little bit.

1. "She Got It"
2. "Man in Black"
3. "Superfly Sister"
4. "Serious Effect"
5. "Work That Body"

"She Got It" is one of the few leaked songs that I feel needs to be officially released in whatever medium possible. It's the only Loren collaboration that is worth repeated listens, and the chorus is a home run.

1. "She Got It"
2. "Man in Black"
3. "Superfly Sister"
4. "Serious Effect"
5. "Work That Body"

"She Got It" is one of the few leaked songs that I feel needs to be officially released in whatever medium possible. It's the only Loren collaboration that is worth repeated listens, and the chorus is a home run.

Totally agree, love it, cant believe its never been released

Not a fan of the BL tracks but really want to hear complete&good quality version of "Man in Black"
Sad to hear the radio show with the interview with the man though.

I absolutely love Mind Is The Magic, I think it's genius but it's not a BL track. Other than that my list would be:
1. Man In Black (BL confirmed that the leaked snippet is a version without lead vocals so there is a complete one)
2. Ghost Of Another Lover
3. Superfly Sister
4. Do The Bartman
5. She Got It

After hearing Bryan Loren on the MJ Cast the other day, I gotta say I've taken quite a dislike to him. He seems very bitter and not trustworthy at all, plus he was quite rude and abrupt with the host a few times

I quite like them. They are different from other stuff that MJ did, they all have a distinct sound. Not album worthy though compared to his other material.

I quite like them. They are different from other stuff that MJ did, they all have a distinct sound. Not album worthy though compared to his other material.

Have you heard the ****** episode with Bryan loren? Lol wow, he came off as so incredibly rude,combatative and more or less thought that his stuff was superior what ended up on dangerous. I recommend you watch it. I could only get halfway through it do, it was a bit off putting to be honest.

[youtube]axQI__bY5tA&t=4516s[/youtube]

Have you heard the ****** episode with Bryan loren? Lol wow, he came off as so incredibly rude,combatative and more or less thought that his stuff was superior what ended up on dangerous. I recommend you watch it. I could only get halfway through it do, it was a bit off putting to be honest.

He didn't say anything like that. He said that he put 4 years into this and he was very hurt that he didn't make it on dangerous. But he was angry that his songs inspired dangerous (and a lot of his later work) but he didn't get any credit for it. Listen to the podcast with an open mind.

He didn't say anything like that. He said that he put 4 years into this and he was very hurt that he didn't make it on dangerous. But he was angry that his songs inspired dangerous (and a lot of his later work) but he didn't get any credit for it. Listen to the podcast with an open mind.

I think he came across as bitter and resentful throughout to be honest. I don't agree with him that it was a surprise Serious Effect didn't make the album, because it's a basic demo that frankly wasn't good enough to be on the record or even considered for the record (MJ and Loren made better demos) and without him provided any evidence I doubt Mike and Teddy would have lifted his sound and used it as the foundation for the album without credited Mr Loren. The best example of this was when he said how he worked on the song Money with Mike then when the interview asked him if he knew the engineer who worked on the track, Loren said he never heard of him. That seemed a bit odd to me

I think he came across as bitter and resentful throughout to be honest. I don't agree with him that it was a surprise Serious Effect didn't make the album, because it's a basic demo that frankly wasn't good enough to be on the record or even considered for the record (MJ and Loren made better demos) and without him provided any evidence I doubt Mike and Teddy would have lifted his sound and used it as the foundation for the album without credited Mr Loren. The best example of this was when he said how he worked on the song Money with Mike then when the interview asked him if he knew the engineer who worked on the track, Loren said he never heard of him. That seemed a bit odd to me

Yeah that seemed odd to me too. But remember this was (if real) done in 1995. I don't even remember everything i did from last month with full details let alone remember something from 23 years ago.

Mogul;4223285 said:

I love Bryan Loren’s work with mike! Super fly sister is in my top 5 MJ songs ever. I went with a very open mind but just the way he was sounding bitter and comparative and even at some point belittling the work MJ did with Riley and on top of that he accused Riley of stealing his stuff. It was so strange how he said that he wanted MJ to go back to making gritty music like Work that body.. lol what?

How does that have anything to do with what I wrote? This thread is about the songs not whether we like Bryan Loren or not lol.

How does that have anything to do with what I wrote? This thread is about the songs not whether we like Bryan Loren or not lol.

Since we were on the topic of Bryan loren and MJ I just wanted to share this with you if you were interested in it, he actually gives an in depth account of how they created these songs that we are talking about in this thread. personally it made me appreciate the songs even more

Since we were on the topic of Bryan loren and MJ I just wanted to share this with you if you were interested in it, he actually gives an in depth account of how they created these songs that we are talking about in this thread. personally it made me appreciate the songs even more

I will check it out at some point. I listened to the Michael Prince one and quite enjoyed it!

Ghost of Another Lover was actually produced by Thom Russo, but as for my list it goes:

1- Mind Is The Magic (The Fancy Remix, the screams on the original kills the vibe of the song for me.)
2- Serious Effect
3- To Satisfy You
4- Seven Digits
5- Superfly Sister
6- Work That Body
7- Lisa It's Your Birthday
8- She Got It
9- Do The Bartman
10- Don't Believe It

Ghost of Another Lover was actually produced by Thom Russo, but as for my list it goes:

1- Mind Is The Magic (The Fancy Remix, the screams on the original kills the vibe of the song for me.)
2- Serious Effect
3- To Satisfy You
4- Seven Digits
5- Superfly Sister
6- Work That Body
7- Lisa It's Your Birthday
8- She Got It
9- Do The Bartman
10- Don't Believe It

Chance, re the Seven Digits track, I did go looking for that yesterday. All I could find was 2 YT clips, one about 12 seconds, the other 10 seconds (IIRC). Is that all there is or did I miss something?

There's only one 10 second snippet for now. I'm not sure if a 12 second snippet exists, can you post the link?

There's only one 10 second snippet for now. I'm not sure if a 12 second snippet exists, can you post the link?
1 - can't do links, sorry. Totally useless at them. Managed to get it to work once, after that, nothing
2- Don't think that matters, think both clips are the same. Just checked, both are snippets leaked by Shana Mangatal (sp?) in 2019. The 10 second clip is on YT David Rivera; 12 second clip on YT MJ's Unreleased & Demo's. Also not sure if it really is an extra 2 seconds. When I listened yesterday they sounded pretty much the same to me.

1) She's Got It - Michael at his funky best and the closet Michael got to a Prince song. This song desperately needs to be released.
2) Mind Is The Magic
3) Superfly Sister - Good song but it gets a bit boring as it feels too long.
4) To Satisfy You - Michael's vocal's on the chorus are heavenly. I wish there exists a version with just Michael's vocals.
5) Serious Effect - Alright song that I haven't listened to in years.
6) Work That Body - Awful song.

Back