Did MJ Only Care About Children?

a_little_girl

Proud Member
I have a very bad feeling I am going to get attacked on this question.

I have heard many wonderful stories about Michael helping children. Really sweet of him!

He is also frequently mentioning caring for children in his speeches, songs, interviews etc. That’s wonderful and he’s right, of course!

I just never heard him talk about caring for animals, adults and old people the same way.

Regarding animals, the closest I came on that was the Heal the World song. It was going to be about animal cruelty, but became a children’s anthem instead.

As for old people, I found only two stories.

So: was it only children that MJ cared for so passionately?

a_little_girl;4216544 said:
I just never heard him talk about caring for animals, adults and old people the same way.

Regarding animals, the closest I came on that was the Heal the World song. It was going to be about animal cruelty, but became a children’s anthem instead.

I think that with ‘Earth Song’ he showed that he cared for animals too because both that song & its accompanying music video draw attention to the plight of animals.

He even got the 1995 Doris Day Award (from the Ark Trust Foundation) for the message of that video.

He was also supporting (for example, by donating) various organizations that aimed at helping animals (such as, Jane Goodall Institute which is located in Vienna).

About helping/caring for old people, there were more stories that he simply did not want to widely publicize.

Re: Did MJ only care about children?

He said so many times we should care for our planet.

Everyone has different 'soft spots' for things.. His is definitely children, he has written and spoken about the the earth and the human condition as a whole.

Think of it this way, there are people that are so passionate about animals that they have animal shelters.. Become advocates for animals, that does not mean they don't care about children..

Michael has definitely shown and expressed love for animals as well!

Firstly it's a fair question and don't worry you won't be attacked for asking it

I would guess he cared for more than just kids but I think he spoke most passionately about them

He cared for animals. He donated quietly to at least one dog shelter in London.

well we all know his favorite 4 letter word was.. H.A.T.E. "with hate, H.A.T.E."

MJ cared for every living thing on earth. He expressed love. Simple as that. Yeah maybe it came across as just kids but his message reached beyond that. He wanted to change the world, old people included lol

How could I lead my life so that every cell of living matter was also benefited?" Michael Jackson
The man turned back a bug who was upside down and said everyone should have a second chance.

a_little_girl;4216544 said:
I have a very bad feeling I am going to get attacked on this question.

I have heard many wonderful stories about Michael helping children. Really sweet of him!

He is also frequently mentioning caring for children in his speeches, songs, interviews etc. That’s wonderful and he’s right, of course!

My response would be for you to study Michael more deeply. In particular, purchase his book, "Dancing the Dream", if you don't have it already and read it....therein, you'll find your answer....everything you ever needed to know about the man's deepest thoughts and concerns. Also, take a look at the list of thirty-nine or more charities that he supported in his life-time, which were not all children's charities.

In short, though, he cared very deeply about everything in existence. He was an empath, in the true sense of the word. Yes, he shone his light specifically on children in a very public way, but that was because he felt that children didn't have a voice of their own and were largely being forgotten by other philanthropists. He felt that children were the future of the planet.....of the human race.....and he wasn't wrong about that.

He was involved with many causes and charities, but not only did he allocate funding....he gave up his TIME and his LOVE, which was perhaps even more valuable, in my opinion.

Here is a comprehensive resource, which has more information about Michael as a humanitarian:

http://www.michaeljacksonslegacy.org/index.php/his-humanitarian-work

Last edited:

A list of some of the charities supported by Michael:

AIDS Project L.A.
American Cancer Society
Angel Food
Big Brothers of Greater Los Angeles
BMI Foundation, Inc.
Brotherhood Crusade
Brothman Burn Center
Camp Ronald McDonald
Childhelp U.S.A.
Children's Institute International
Cities and Schools Scholarship Fund
Community Youth Sports & Arts Foundation
Congressional Black Caucus (CBC)
Dakar Foundation
Dreamstreet Kids
Dreams Come True Charity
Elizabeth Taylor Aids Foundation
Juvenile Diabetes Foundation
Love Match
Make-A-Wish Foundation
Minority Aids Project
Motown Museum
NAACP
National Rainbow Coalition
Rotary Club of Australia
Society of Singers
Starlight Foundation
The Carter Center's Atlanta Project
The Sickle Cell Research Foundation
Transafrica
United Negro College Fund (UNCF)
United Negro College Fund Ladder's of Hope
Volunteers of America
Watts Summer Festival
Wish Granting
YMCA - 28th Street/Crenshaw

You'll see that they are not all for children.

He Indeed gave a lot of money for illness research

Back