Thriller 3D - Official Release?

datblackboi08

Proud Member
Anybody have info on where to find it? I know John Landis premiered it but what's next??

Ghosts 3D is next. they said they would show Thriller + Ghosts worldwide this year.

and i think they said it will be released then.

Thriller hopefully in Blu-ray by the end of this year.

Why again did we not get to began with last year vs us getting it this yr?

Didn't they say Thriller OR Ghosts?

And they've either hinted at no home release or avoided that question, I think.

Last they said they planned to get it exhibited before a film around Halloween this year...however the reason they gave for that not happening last year was laughable.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Didn't they say Thriller OR Ghosts?

And they've either hinted at no home release or avoided that question, I think.

Last they said they planned to get it exhibited before a film around Halloween this year...however the reason they gave for that not happening last year was laughable.

I wouldn't hold my breath.
I dont understand why even do the project if the public cant see....again.....WTF & YTF ARE THEY HOLDING BACK. Are his videos so beautiful in 4k? Its like they're are just holding gold in a gold mine!

I dont understand why even do the project if the public cant see....again.....WTF & YTF ARE THEY HOLDING BACK. Are his videos so beautiful in 4k? Its like they're are just holding gold in a gold mine!

they better be editing all the other videos on film. it's time for them to give us something awesome, as only MJ deserves.

Oh wait I just remembered that they are too busy re-remastering Munich 97 in super HD.

They've made so much $$ since his death, yet they refuse to invest in the archives/concert films which the fans will buy.
Seriously, Estate, please listen to the fans.
One of, if not the greatest live performer only has 2 available concerts (I don't really count Korea96 because it was only sold in korea) and 0 Jackson's concerts.
Reasons why Victory 30 should've happened
Biggest U.S tour at the time, at least 1 concert exists on film, and the fans that attended will buy.
Even Packaging HD Thriller with victory tour could work. Its already been dubbed "thriller tour" by some.
Anyway, there's no excuse for the hold up on golden footage.

they better be editing all the other videos on film. it's time for them to give us something awesome, as only MJ deserves.

Oh wait I just remembered that they are too busy re-remastering Munich 97 in super HD.
That's what im saying....we've been saw that so many times for so many years...i dont think they can do much more to it.

One of, if not the greatest live performer only has 2 available concerts (I don't really count Korea96 because it was only sold in korea) and 0 Jackson's concerts.
Reasons why Victory 30 should've happened
Biggest U.S tour at the time, at least 1 concert exists on film, and the fans that attended will buy.
Even Packaging HD Thriller with victory tour could work. Its already been dubbed "thriller tour" by some.

The Victory Tour was NOT good. It was an organisational disaster from start to finish. The sound quality, in particular, was horrible. Michael didn't like any of the footage and rejected pretty much everything about that tour. Most fans I speak to would rather see Triumph and Destiny concert footage, over Victory.

The Victory Tour was NOT good. It was an organisational disaster from start to finish. The sound quality, in particular, was horrible. Michael didn't like any of the footage and rejected pretty much everything about that tour. Most fans I speak to would rather see Triumph and Destiny concert footage, over Victory.

Behind the scenes, yeah I agree it wasn't great. As the tour went on so did the fued between his brothers. Each tour had something special. Victory was bigger than triumph because of the success of thriller. Audio quality is still decent (regarding the HQ audio we have from BJ Promo tape). For me personally, Toronto was special because that was the Last time MJ performed in my area. Even the New York show is great. Since Victory tour "unnoficially" got released I think that's why some prefer a triumph release as of right now because currently there is no full triumph concert available (unless you count the LQ "4 screen" tape). Honestly, they all deserve releases IMO.

Anybody have info on where to find it? I know John Landis premiered it but what's next??

I thought the premiere and subsequent theatre showings, around the world was an official release. The plan may be to show Thriller 3D in theatres every year, for Halloween, perhaps in tandem with "Ghosts". In addition, I believe John Branca has voiced a plan/dream to make "Michael Jackson's Halloween Special" a television tradition, too, in much the same way as Charlie Brown's Christmas is a tradition.

The MJ Halloween Special wan nowhere good enough to be a television tradition IMO... - They need to make a new better one if the want it to something people wanna see year after year... - I have no wish what so ever to ever see the Halloween Special again...

I hope Thriller 3D and Ghosts 3D is released worldwide in theaters this halloween. I would like to see those on the big screen in perfect picture and audio quality.

^^^

ALSO - more people needs to know Ghost !! - Such a great short film - and more relevant than ever.

Some of the best dancemoves and is funny too. - So sad so few people know about this film.

^^^

ALSO - more people needs to know Ghost !! - Such a great short film - and more relevant than ever.

Some of the best dancemoves and is funny too. - So sad so few people know about this film.

I agree that "Ghosts" needs to have more of the spotlight. I actually prefer it to "Thriller" if I'm honest with myself.

I hope Thriller 3D and Ghosts 3D is released worldwide in theaters this halloween. I would like to see those on the big screen in perfect picture and audio quality.

This is my hope, as well. I quite liked the Halloween Special. I'm a teacher, so I usually look at things like this with the eyes and heart of a child. It's meant to appeal to kids and I think it does.

It would be nice to see them have a theatrical release this Halloween but I would love to have a Blu-Ray version as well at some point.

It would be nice to see them have a theatrical release this Halloween but I would love to have a Blu-Ray version as well at some point.

Yeah - I hope and think there will be a Blu-Ray release at some point.

Yeah - I hope and think there will be a Blu-Ray release at some point.

Yeah, I know a lot of people really want Blu-Ray and I hope it happens for those people. I never got into the whole Blu-Ray thing, myself, for some reason. Ghosts 3D and Thriller 3D would be great companions together on Blu-Ray. I showed my "Ghosts" DVD (including "The Making of") to a bunch of eight year olds in 2010 and they were instantly MJ-obsessed, after that. Lol.

It’s 4K HDR or Dolby Vision now, would be great if the estate will release these movies in this new format.

I saw E.T. this weekend in 4K HDR. I tell you, it was like looking at a new movie. The picture was stunning, colorful and simply fantastic.

I wonder how different this ghost will be from the wowow version we've been had

They should really do a Michael Jackson Halloween marathon on Halloween night: Thriller,Ghosts,and the Halloween special all in one night. In between Thriller and Ghosts have their making of specials aired at the same time after each one,all four leading into the Halloween special.

But I doubt that'd happen. They don't like putting effort into things.

Yeah, I know a lot of people really want Blu-Ray and I hope it happens for those people. I never got into the whole Blu-Ray thing, myself, for some reason. Ghosts 3D and Thriller 3D would be great companions together on Blu-Ray. I showed my "Ghosts" DVD (including "The Making of") to a bunch of eight year olds in 2010 and they were instantly MJ-obsessed, after that. Lol.

DVD release would come too most likely if they released it on Blu-ray. DVD release would also have better quality than before so people without Blu-Ray players have a reason to buy it too. I hope it happens this year. I recommend getting Blu-Ray player. Moonwalker and This Is It look amazing in HD. :)

I too hope for 4K release - but restoring Thriller and Ghost from the original film will make it into 4K - so I am quite sure it will be released on all formats - DVD, Blu-Ray and 4K.

4K on 60 inch screen will be magic - with a great surround sound system.

I hope Moonwalker and This Is It will also be released in 4K

I too hope for 4K release - but restoring Thriller and Ghost from the original film will make it into 4K - so I am quite sure it will be released on all formats - DVD, Blu-Ray and 4K.

4K on 60 inch screen will be magic - with a great surround sound system.

I hope Moonwalker and This Is It will also be released in 4K

Great idea!!

Yeah this is 2018 now, not 2010, we need at least a Blu-ray. A UHD Blu-ray release would be perfect as they restored it in 4K, but with the Estate i guess we can dream... I'm sure they will just release a DVD/Blu-ray and keep the 4K master in their vault.

Last edited:
Back