Your Ultimate Feel-Good Michael Playlist

ProductOfLoveliness

Proud Member
Hi all!

Just for a bit of fun, I thought it would be nice to know considering it's Monday and a new week full of lovely things to do - what are your top 3 go-to Michael tracks that never fail to get your toes-tapping, your feet shuffling and of course, a big smile on your face?

I'll start with mine:

1. The Way You Make Me Feel (obviously!) - This bouncy, upbeat song is the ultimate cure for the blues!

2. You Rock My World - It's bouncy, it's funky, and you can do some (quiet) karaoke to it - what's not to like?

3. Jump For Joy - A Jacksons song, yes, but - how can you resist not feeling so much better after listening to Michael's joyful voice (and maybe a bit of bopping and jumping along, too?)

These songs are different from the rest as they make you feel as if the sun shines with each step you take (even if it's raining outside!) We know that Michael's music has this magic, so what's your recipe for a happy day? :listeningtomusic

Oh blimey, only 3? Ok I'll give it a go lol.

1. Can You Feel It - yeah a Jacksons song too, but it's so uplifting, this track soars into orbit and my feet can't stay still when I hear it. A song full of pure unadulterated joy.

2. Workin' Day and Night - The subject matter may be Michael bending over backwards to please a woman who clearly doesn't deserve his attentions but the beat. The Beat. THE BEAT and the groove and funk of this record - there's fire in the grooves and fire in my shoes. Epic danceability all around. (Edit - I'm gonna cheat here and add Get On The Floor - hey, it's the next track on the album! :cool:)

3. Baby Be Mine - It's romantic and playful. It's the 80's, it's classic Michael. My neighbours must hate me when I do the washing up because I belt this out along with Michael with all of his enthusiasm and none of his talent heheheheh. #Mykitchenisnotwestlakestudio

These three (cough, four) songs always put a huge smile on my face. :)

Last edited:
^ I really love your choices - Workin' Day and Night is totally a groove masterclass! I always think that you can't go wrong with a bit of MJ in your day!
Your hashtag made me chuckle, I think we're all guilty of doing karaoke with Michael!

Yess I completely agree with those above, great choices :love:

My slightly altered list is:

1. The Way You Make Me Feel
2. Workin' Day and Night
3. Blame it On the Boogie

(Get On The Floor, Baby Be Mine, Dirty Diana and Can You Feel It are very close runners-up!)

1. 'the man' - despite being more lowkey in terms of obvious intentions, it never fails to uplift me and put a smile on my face :) it's relaxed and sunny, with a sing-a-long melody. the lyrics (that I believe Michael had a larger role in writing) take on a whole new meaning since he passed : 'it's just the way he thought it would be/ 'cause the day has come for him to be free/ I'm alive and I'm here forever!' yet it can be interpreted in so many ways. I would love to learn as much as I can about the making of this gem!

2. 'off the wall' - it's all about that infectious chorus with Michael's multi layered harmonies.

3. 'p.y.t' - talk about bouncy! that bassline is feisty and ever shifting. one of the shorter tracks on 'thriller' which surprises me, considering how much is crammed into it. yet there's enough space to improvise. Michael's vocals are so animated that he wears out the 'p.y.t's! would have been nice to see him perform it. I think it would have got a good response.

great thread!

Yess I completely agree with those above, great choices :love:

My slightly altered list is:

1. The Way You Make Me Feel
2. Workin' Day and Night
3. Blame it On the Boogie

(Get On The Floor, Baby Be Mine, Dirty Diana and Can You Feel It are very close runners-up!)

I love your list! (y) I know, its so difficult to not have any runner-up choices..there are just so many fantastic songs! I like how we've all chosen similar songs, I see we all have great taste! ;)

1. 'the man' - despite being more lowkey in terms of obvious intentions, it never fails to uplift me and put a smile on my face :) it's relaxed and sunny, with a sing-a-long melody. the lyrics (that I believe Michael had a larger role in writing) take on a whole new meaning since he passed : 'it's just the way he thought it would be/ 'cause the day has come for him to be free/ I'm alive and I'm here forever!' yet it can be interpreted in so many ways. I would love to learn as much as I can about the making of this gem!

2. 'off the wall' - it's all about that infectious chorus with Michael's multi layered harmonies.

3. 'p.y.t' - talk about bouncy! that bassline is feisty and ever shifting. one of the shorter tracks on 'thriller' which surprises me, considering how much is crammed into it. yet there's enough space to improvise. Michael's vocals are so animated that he wears out the 'p.y.t's! would have been nice to see him perform it. I think it would have got a good response.

great thread!

I love how you described 'the man', I agree, I think it slides 'under the radar' far too often, I wonder if many fans have heard this record - they are missing out if they haven't!
I would have loved to have seen Michael perform P.Y.T live - could you imagine how wonderful and uplifting it would sound combined with his wonderful dancing?! I always wonder what an extended version of this song would be like, I'm sure it would be fantastic! :)

I love reading everyone's choices; this is just great!

Oh blimey, only 3? Ok I'll give it a go lol.

1. Can You Feel It - yeah a Jacksons song too, but it's so uplifting, this track soars into orbit and my feet can't stay still when I hear it. A song full of pure unadulterated joy.

2. Workin' Day and Night - The subject matter may be Michael bending over backwards to please a woman who clearly doesn't deserve his attentions but the beat. The Beat. THE BEAT and the groove and funk of this record - there's fire in the grooves and fire in my shoes. Epic danceability all around. (Edit - I'm gonna cheat here and add Get On The Floor - hey, it's the next track on the album! :cool:)

3. Baby Be Mine - It's romantic and playful. It's the 80's, it's classic Michael. My neighbours must hate me when I do the washing up because I belt this out along with Michael with all of his enthusiasm and none of his talent heheheheh. #Mykitchenisnotwestlakestudio

These three (cough, four) songs always put a huge smile on my face. :)

Girl, I love you and I have missed your unique style. ((HUGZZZ))

Well, it's really, really difficult to pick just three, but for me, it's Blame it on the Boogie, Baby Be Mine and P.Y.T. (love P.Y.T......except for the chip-munk sounds at the end.....LOL).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=naUHd2sbIyM

Hope that link works ? it's meant to be an extended version of p.y.t. Michael's talking at the beginning makes me chuckle!

The chipmunks help give the song extra character, and is a part I look forward to. I noticed other 80's songs using that effect afterwards. Not sure if Michael started that though.. probably helps that I'm a fan of the chipmunk TV series, ha! they paid tribute to Michael many times. there was even an episode where Alvin performed with him at Motown 25!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=naUHd2sbIyM

Hope that link works ? it's meant to be an extended version of p.y.t. Michael's talking at the beginning makes me chuckle!

The chipmunks help give the song extra character, and is a part I look forward to. I noticed other 80's songs using that effect afterwards. Not sure if Michael started that though.. probably helps that I'm a fan of the chipmunk TV series, ha! they paid tribute to Michael many times. there was even an episode where Alvin performed with him at Motown 25!

Thank you for the link - doesn't this sound so funky?! I love it! (y)
The chipmunk sounds are fine to me, I think they add more charm and character to the song, it's jammed with great music! :)
I wonder who started off the chipmunk sound...now I'm off to do some research!

Top 3 Jackson's songs:
Enjoy Yourself
Lovely One
All Night Dancin'

Top 3 MJ songs:
Another Part Of Me
The Way You Make Me Feel
P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing)

Back