Working Day And Night Live from Bucharest!

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
This right here is the reason why i consider MJ to be the greatest live act ever! 25 years later I still get goosebumps from this performance! Everything is so tight, from the band to the dancers, the breaks, the tempo, the energy,the lightning, that GUITAR SOLO! It just doesn't get better than this, this performance, heartbreak hotel yokohama and Another Part of me music video are the videos I show to anyone when i try to make that case. I dare ANYONE to come at me saying otherwise! I have never seen the like of it, not on this scale, it's like he really was possessed and couldn't control himself. I wish the song would have gone on for another 10 minutes, some would say superflous but in essence that's what funk really is. Those long improv jams where you just get loose and go crazy.
[youtube]Hxj7yBS2VuY[/youtube]

One of my all time favourite performances. Watching Bucharest made my become a real fan, I couldn't believe the energy he had and the excitement he caused.
Awesome to see WDAN live getting some love.
This performance in particular nails it, love how he looks possessed when he does the robot and the adlibs are killer

It always amazes me how they all remember the different cues

I personally like the loose choreography of ‘Working Day And Night’ which allowed him enough room for more dance, on stage spontaneity.

His various vocal & dance improvisations during that particular performance also show that it was one of those songs that MJ enjoyed a lot to perform live.

About its live duration, I think it is good enough. To be honest, I believe that with another ten minutes it would have dragged too long but also because in that case he would have been forced to cut an entire other song from the setlist.

One of my all time favourite performances. Watching Bucharest made my become a real fan, I couldn't believe the energy he had and the excitement he caused.
Awesome to see WDAN live getting some love.
This performance in particular nails it, love how he looks possessed when he does the robot and the adlibs are killer

It always amazes me how they all remember the different cues

Absolutely! You know I think I've taken the Bucharest concert for granted, because we've had the concert since the dawning of time lol and over the years we've had some amazing concerts leaked and released but Bucharest is a really tight concert and it just has a special place in my heart. Just as you, it is the concert that made me become a real fan and whenever I wanted to imitate him or learn his dance moves i watched bucharest. I actually think I watched bucharest more than his music videos at one point in time.

I know some people complain about the camera and crowd shots but I actually enjoy many of them, it's like you're right there and experiencing Michaelmania.

mj_frenzy;4217099 said:
I personally like the loose choreography of ‘Working Day And Night’ which allowed him enough room for more dance, on stage spontaneity.

His various vocal & dance improvisations during that particular performance also show that it was one of those songs that MJ enjoyed a lot to perform live.

About its live duration, I think it is good enough. To be honest, I believe that with another ten minutes it would have dragged too long but also because in that case he would have been forced to cut an entire other song from the setlist.

I agree! The same case could be made for Shake Your Body Down Live. This is why live singing is so important in an MJ concert. The raw energy and improvisation that live singing brings just can't be beaten.

Oh yeah I was jsut being facetious about the 10 min thing but I wouldn't mind really. That's the great thing about MJ though, he knew exactly how long he should do certain things like standing still in a break down.

WDAN was already epic on the Bad tour,(Vocals/costume on the VT is another bonus) dangerous tour simply brought it to another level.

Dangerous Tour was his best tour by far. His moves were so sharp, the special effects were incredible and the intro was perfect and didn't go on too long (I'm looking at you HIStory).

Yeah, he had less live vocals than the Bad Tour, but in terms of a Michael Jackson concert, if you're showing a non fan anything you're showing them the Dangerous Tour. The 1992 leg is probably the best leg of any tour ever.

Dangerous Tour was his best tour by far. His moves were so sharp, the special effects were incredible and the intro was perfect and didn't go on too long (I'm looking at you HIStory).

Yeah, he had less live vocals than the Bad Tour, but in terms of a Michael Jackson concert, if you're showing a non fan anything you're showing them the Dangerous Tour. The 1992 leg is probably the best leg of any tour ever.

I would show them Bad Tour Yokohama. WBSS, Heartbreak Hotel and Human Nature are probably my favorite performances. I also like Bad Tour dance moves more. They were so smooth.

Each tour has something special IMO. Bad tour = full Live singing/unbelievable energy (especially first leg). Dangerous Tour = Refined/enhanced choreography, bigger set list, still exceptional energy (especially Wembley, Bucharest, Munich, Oslo).
History Tour = Less Vocals, Perfected already perfect choreography (Billie Jean, Dangerous etc)
Choreography speaking, Mj got better with age. The spinwalk Mj does in 1999 (which he didn't do since bad tour) was even better and perfected.

A friend of mine was trying to console me after Michael's death by saying "he really wasn't that good" and I snapped: "Have you ever seen him LIVE?"
'Another Part of Me' from the BAD tour was flashing before my eyes, as well as the Grammy 88 performance. Those are my go tos if I had to show him to a non-fan.

/\ sooo you can't tell us about your friends comment and not tell us what came of it? Did you ever show your crazy friend my live Any reaction?

I about snapped at your friend just reading your post lol

I never understood why he kept that song on the dangerous tour. I always skipped it when i watch the concert. I dont get why he chose this over Rock With You or Remember the time. Did you know that they rehearsal Keep In The closet for the dangerous Tour...

BTW, Bucharest is really the tightest band performance on Dangerous Tour.

I never understood why he kept that song on the dangerous tour. I always skipped it when i watch the concert. I dont get why he chose this over Rock With You or Remember the time. Did you know that they rehearsal Keep In The closet for the dangerous Tour...

Really? I always assumed this was fan speculation. What's your source if you don't mind me asking

WDAN is way more fun live, that's why

WDAN has the best live vocals on the Dangerous Tour. And the live adlibs are outstanding

Yeah same time as the other rehearsals we have. "The Neverland Rehearsals."

I think he kept that song because of his outfit for it, so he could hide his beat it clothes underneath. On the history he found another trick to get change quick by using an imperator at the end of the song Thriller.

Yeah same time as the other rehearsals we have. "The Neverland Rehearsals."

If it ever leaks and it turns out he rehearsed it with live vocals.... I would love to see that... Such great song.

If it is from the same rehearsals sure it must have been filmed? So someone has it?? - Then hopefully it will leak one day.

I know they aren't from Neverland lol that's why I put it in quotes but that's how most refer to them.

I think he kept that song because of his outfit for it, so he could hide his beat it clothes underneath. On the history he found another trick
to get change quick by using an imperator at the end of the song Thriller.

He used an impersonator on the Dangerous Tour too though. To get ready for Billie Jean.

He used an impersonator on the Dangerous Tour too though. To get ready for Billie Jean.

No not for WDN. He used it in Thriller (Jamie King) to get ready for Beat It on the cherry picker

Ill have to admit WDAN is one I skip often but it does have some great freestyling in sections.. The choreographed parts is more so the 'skip worthy' sections to me. I still enjoy it though

lol I really enjoy WDAN live. The Bremen performance is powerful too.

Back