Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Dear Michael

Dear Michael
    It's been a while but Ive finally made it back here, to a place which hold so many memories. The years since you left us have been hard but I'm still here, scarred and weary but never giving up on you.

2009 was the best of times and the worst of times. Those months from March to June, our secret world here on MJJC, where we came every day to walk with you step by step as you prepared your next project.

To be here on MJJC part of a secret world, sharing the excitement, with real life and online friends was such an incredible experience. The laughter, the fun, the happiness, just radiated from every post and thread.

And then the unthinkable happened, right in the highest peak of excitement, we lost you.

Suddenly our private world, our small community where everyone knew everyone was flooded. Our private grief was now somehow something everyone claimed.

We honestly didnt know how to cope. We were thrust into a nightmare of dealing with our own very personal grief and having to comfort strangers who also claimed to feel the same way we did.

We had to deal with people flooding our community who did not know our culture, our language, our behaviour, our unwritten rules. We had to deal with the lack of knowledge and the lack of understanding. We had to deal with the excitement of people discovering you and this amazing world for the first time while we were suffering the most unimaginable pain and grief.

Is it any wonder many of us just couldnt and drifted away. Like oil and water, the clash of two very different communities just was not sustainable.

Now that the years have passed those of us who survived are slowly coming back. But the grief and pain have scarred some of us too deeply.

For some time heals, and they can once again smile and laugh and find joy and happiness. Some find comfort in your voice and the music, like a warm blanket wrapped around them.

For some though, the pain is too deep and the music and your voice is like a knife ripping through their soul.

For all of us though, being part of MJJC is like coming home. Its once again returning to the safe fortress where we can retreat to. The sound of happiness and laughter may now be replaced by quiet sobbing, instead of fun and games, people now comfort and hold each others hands in quiet corners.

Like a Phoenix , MJJC will rise again, tired and battle weary fans will find their way home and maybe some scars and wounds will heal.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to moonstreet For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdriveTagger Second Class
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Dear Michael

Hi, moonstreet,

This is a beautiful idea for a thread. I remember us having one just like this on Positively Michael, where people could say what was on their minds and in their hearts and leave their messages there, just for him. We didn't even comment on each other's posts, usually, unless it was to offer comfort. It would be lovely if this thread could be like that, with many of us contributing our thoughts, from time to time.
    "To give someone a piece of your heart,
    is worth more than all the wealth in the world"
    ~Michael Jackson~

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Beautiful. Thank you Moonstreet. Very true.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PixieJ For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Dear Michael,

I still think of you everyday. You are in everything I do, in my thoughts and prayers. I miss you and love you forever.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PixieJ For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered
    Level
    Thanks

Dear Michael,

It has been a long time since I heard your songs - and I have to admit, after almost 10 years I can now listen to you and enjoy the happiness and joy that your music and dancing brings into my life. I cannot even begin to describe the positivity and excitement that you and your songs emit. It is so wonderful to have your songs accompany me on small adventures, almost like a soundtrack, where the sun always shines.

I don't like 'looking back' but I have to say that the impact that you have on me now compared to almost a decade ago has turned a complete 180*. Instead of sadness, you bring me joy, and instead of making me feel cold and upset, you add colour to my life and make me feel like I can take on the world (which I can!) and be excited and ready to take on new adventures with new opportunities!

Thinking back (again), you were the first 'pop star' that I had a crush on as a teenager (lol) and I guess I will always have a soft spot for you. I wish I had kept all of the things that I had; the BAD poster, the records, the books, the videos, the shirts...but they all had to go away for a while as they made me upset..I know you'll understand.

Going back to positive things; I am always happy now that with the internet, I can watch your videos anytime and marvel at your spectacular dancing and singing over and over again. I know you've heard it a thousand times, but I don't believe you can find a performer that does it like you do! That is why I like you so much, your songs have the ability to take me somewhere else and make me dance and be happy. Which is what life's all about, isn't it?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ProductOfLoveliness For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I miss you

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PixieJ For This Useful Post: