A Survey on Fan Mentality

Departure

Proud Member
Hi everybody,
in school, I am doing a project on fan mentality. Therefore, I decided to talk to fans of various bands/musicians see if for them, there are some kind of typical fans, if there are some things we all have in common... I made up a few questions I thought might be interesting... I hope you´ll respond - I´m already excited about the results!

Do you dance yourself?
Would you name some of your hobbies, please?
How would you describe yourself?
How old are you?
Where are you from?
What clothes do you like to wear?
What kind of work do you do?
Are you vegetarian or vegan?
Do you have a favorite color?
Do you have siblings?
Is family life highly important to you?
Are you interested in politics?
Do you like Walt Disney?
What do you love best about Michael ?
When did you turn into a fan?
Did MJ change you in some way? Your attitudes, point of views?
Is the show as important to you as the music?
Is the attitude as important to you as the music?
I’ve read that Michael Jackson often attracted kids whose parents didn’t earn much money—is that true for yourself?
Did you believe some of the rumors Michael himself meant to trick people into believing?
How did you, your surroundings and your parents react as you found out about the media believing Michael to have abused some children?
Do you care for Michael as a person?
Would you say your character is similar to his?
How would you describe the general fan mentality?
Do you know other fans in person?
Is there another question you would ask if you did this survey? (I’m always open to new ideas!)

Do you dance yourself? YES
Would you name some of your hobbies, please?
How would you describe yourself?
How old are you? Generation X
Where are you from? Ireland
What clothes do you like to wear? if you are asking this to find out whether I dress like Michael Jackson or wear Michael Jackson T-shirts then my answer is no, I do not dress like Michael Jackson or wear Michael Jackson T-shirts
What kind of work do you do?
Are you vegetarian or vegan? If you are asking this to see if I choose to be vegetarian or vegan because at one point in his life Michael Jackson was, then no, what Michael Jackson choose to eat and what I choose to eat are not connected in any way
Do you have a favorite color? If you are asking this to see whether my favourite colour is the same as colours Michael Jackson favoured, then no my favourite colour is not connected to Michael Jackson
Do you have siblings?
Is family life highly important to you? If you are asking this because family life is important to the Jackson family, then no I am not influenced by the way the Jackson family are.
Are you interested in politics?
Do you like Walt Disney? If you are asking whether I am a Disney fan because of Michael Jackson, then no I am not a Disney because of Michael Jackson.
What do you love best about Michael ? that is ok to be different, that its ok to not follow the crowd , to have the courage to stand up for what you believe even if the whole world turns against you
When did you turn into a fan? watching Thriller music video when I was 7 years old
Did MJ change you in some way? Your attitudes, point of views?
Is the show as important to you as the music?
Is the attitude as important to you as the music?
I’ve read that Michael Jackson often attracted kids whose parents didn’t earn much money—is that true for yourself?
Did you believe some of the rumors Michael himself meant to trick people into believing? what the actual fedora!!!
How did you, your surroundings and your parents react as you found out about the media believing Michael to have abused some children? In December 2003 a few weeks after the allegations were headline news and before even the first court appearance I got Michael Jacksons name tattooed on my arm and booked flights to California to go to the court to support Michael Jackson.
Do you care for Michael as a person? he is my life, my soul my whole being
Would you say your character is similar to his?
How would you describe the general fan mentality? diverse, varied, knowledgeable, passionate, fact checking, not to be crossed, fans will tear you to pieces for spreading inaccurate information
Do you know other fans in person? Yes

Very poor questions, and alot have no relevancy. You sound like a causal fan / not not a fan of Michael Jackson and want to know about us, and our world. I could help you with so much more information but the tone of some of the questions I did not like.

Do you dance yourself? Yes
Would you name some of your hobbies, please? Other than dancing to Michael, I love watching animations like Spongebob, The Simpsons and a whole lot of anime, I love reading, writing, drawing and biking
How would you describe yourself? An intelligent autitistic person with creative ideas
How old are you? 31
Where are you from? Northeastern region of Ontario (Canada)
What clothes do you like to wear? I like wearing those that have logos, symbols and representing a country and fandom of MJ, anime, animations and what not
What kind of work do you do? Organizing and scanning prescription receipts at the pharmacy
Are you vegetarian or vegan? Neither
Do you have a favorite color? Blue, Black and Gold
Do you have siblings? 1 brother
Is family life highly important to you? Kinda
Are you interested in politics? I don’t believe in politics, politics ruin everything
Do you like Walt Disney? Yes
What do you love best about Michael? Everything
When did you turn into a fan? In early 2003 after that godforsaken Bashir documentary
Did MJ change you in some way? Your attitudes, point of views? Yeah in some ways
Is the show as important to you as the music? Yes
Is the attitude as important to you as the music? Yes
I’ve read that Michael Jackson often attracted kids whose parents didn’t earn much money—is that true for yourself? Don’t know
Did you believe some of the rumors Michael himself meant to trick people into believing? Hell no, rumours are just not that truthful
How did you, your surroundings and your parents react as you found out about the media believing Michael to have abused some children? My family knew that I believe in the truth about Michael and as for others some are just poisoned by lies
Do you care for Michael as a person? Deeply Yes
Would you say your character is similar to his? Yes, like he said he’s like Peter Pan and I’ve said I’m like Spongebob
How would you describe the general fan mentality? I don’t know yet
Do you know other fans in person? Very very few

Do you dance yourself? No
Would you name some of your hobbies, please? other than MJ, I don't really have any
How would you describe yourself? meh
How old are you? old enough
Where are you from? Denmark
What clothes do you like to wear? clothes that I like
What kind of work do you do? unemployed
Are you vegetarian or vegan? no
Do you have a favorite color? not really
Do you have siblings? 1 brother
Is family life highly important to you? yes
Are you interested in politics? no
Do you like Walt Disney? meh
What do you love best about Michael ? everything
When did you turn into a fan? 1989
Did MJ change you in some way? Your attitudes, point of views? oh yeah, a lot. I have him to thank for that I am the person I am today
Is the show as important to you as the music? I don't understand the question...what show?
Is the attitude as important to you as the music? I don't understand the question
I’ve read that Michael Jackson often attracted kids whose parents didn’t earn much money—is that true for yourself? are you asking if my parents didn't earn much money and I was attracted to Michael, or if I'm attracting kids whose parents don't earn a lot of money?? I don't really understand the question
Did you believe some of the rumors Michael himself meant to trick people into believing? no way
How did you, your surroundings and your parents react as you found out about the media believing Michael to have abused some children? it wasn't just a question of the media believing in it, he was accused of those things. what the media believes means nothing to me. It never has and it never will
Do you care for Michael as a person? yeah, a lot
Would you say your character is similar to his? in some ways, yes
How would you describe the general fan mentality? Idk
Do you know other fans in person? not really
Is there another question you would ask if you did this survey? (I’m always open to new ideas!)

Back