Am I the Only One Who Gets Annoyed When People Compare Michael to Current Artists?

Watermelon

Proud Member
We all know there are a lot of famous pop stars now. I have nothing against their fame and success, what irks me is when the media and especially their fans say artist a is the new king of pop or that this singer surpassed Michael or is at the level of Michael or is the second coming of Michael etc.

I constantly debate with people online lol especially YouTube if I ever get to see those comments. They don't think Michael is all that because what they always say, he lipsynced so he isn't "that" great.

Re: Am I the only one who gets annoyed when people compare Michael to current artists?

Oh yes. Modern artists compared to Michael are garbage. When Michael first came out with the Jackson 5 and even in his solo career,he did so many things that modern artists could never compare to. Now you don't even need to have an ounce of talent. If you're attractive,you could be signed to a record label. There are exceptions to these rules with modern artists (Bruno Mars,Gaga,The Weeknd,etc.) but a vast majority of modern music is a cesspool of the same trashy beats and Dubstep breakdown choruses. Nothing is fresh anymore.

Re: Am I the only one who gets annoyed when people compare Michael to current artists?

Who cares? It's not that big of a deal that it should annoy you.

If it involves sales and charting, not at all.

If it involves talent, yes. Especially when it's someone who is terrible.

You're not the only one, but I just laugh at how deluded they are rather than get annoyed about it

The difference between Michael and most artists, is his music and talent will out sell and out live current fads, the next generation will always be inspired by Mike

Who cares? It's not that big of a deal that it should annoy you.

I think the member just wanted to discuss it with other people who feel the same way.
Others who don't think it's a big deal can just keep moving, I suppose.

:moonwalk

We all know there are a lot of famous pop stars now. I have nothing against their fame and success, what irks me is when the media and especially their fans say artist a is the new king of pop or that this singer surpassed Michael or is at the level of Michael or is the second coming of Michael etc.

I constantly debate with people online lol especially YouTube if I ever get to see those comments. They don't think Michael is all that because what they always say, he lipsynced so he isn't "that" great.

Unfortunately, looking for "the next Michael Jackson" has become a favourite pastime, in entertainment media.

People must realise, however, that Michael is the greatest of all time and everyone else can only try to live up to his standard, that's all.

Youtube is a horrible place for people who don't have the slightest idea what they're talking about, but they still keep talking anyway.
Do not waste your time debating with them....it's pointless.

Lipsynch does not negate everything that Michael ever did and everything he ever was and people forget when they mention lipsynch, that he was DANCING complex routines for the entire length of his concerts.... more than any other male entertainer did back then, or does now.

I find it funny really - how many times haven't we heard - THIS is the new Michael Jackson/King of Pop. - yet.. a year later they are totally forgotten and out of the music industy again...

What people do these days is most the times a singer gets 1 or 2 HUUGE hits - then the are The new MJ... - then the album drops - and all songs except the 1-2 already known hits are garbage... - and then we never hear of them again...

Very few has been able to continually make great hits and keep succes. - Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, Beyoncé and those, but even they are not even close to the same league as MJ.

Wasn't Lady Gaga supposed to be the opening act for MJ at the This Is It tour ??

Watermelon;4218333 said:

Mikky Dee;4218380 said:
Lipsynch does not negate everything that Michael ever did and everything he ever was and people forget when they mention lipsynch, that he was DANCING complex routines for the entire length of his concerts.... more than any other male entertainer did back then, or does now.

Apart from dancing complex routines for the entire length of his concerts, people who bring up the lip-sync argument (in order to downplay MJ’s greatness on stage) forget also a very important fact: that MJ suffered from chronic laryngitis.

When the ‘BAD’ Tour was approaching its end, MJ was on the verge of permanently damaging his vocal chords because of the large extend of his live singing during that tour.

It was then when his laryngitis reached a critical point. He was then advised by his doctors to take drastic measures if he wanted not to lose his voice.

So, in the subsequent tours, MJ started to protect more his vocal chords not only on stage (by lip-syncing more) but also off stage (by, for example, talking quietly during events that he attended in various cities in the HIStory Tour era).

Comparing to me does not bother me at all.. in fact I love when people today know michaels influence on today's generation..

He IS what the current artist strive to be so why would it bother me?

Now what DOES bother me is when compare quality to michael.. like if someone can stand in the same spot light as michael.. "next king of pop" type shiz..

That's another story..

I think this "xy" is next Michael Jackson will keep going and it just shows that he is the bar. Nobody asks who is the next Timberlake, Bieber, Lady Gaga ..... and so on. They will always ask who is the next Michael Jackson, even in the years to come and it contributes only to Michael's immortality and uniqueness, because no one really replaces him.

Not at all. The number of artists compared to Michael only reinforces his influence and impact on the industry and music in general. People will always compare, its human nature (pun intended). And everything is always subject to opinion, whilst I can’t ever see another artist coming close to the way I see Michael, for others there might be artists who do.

the fact Michael stays relevant despite not being around (last real full album 2001) is a good thing.. even if some things can be annoying!

Back