Will We Ever Get the RedOne Tracks?

Slave To The Rhythm

Proud Member
RedOne said years ago he would only release the songs if the money goes to charity because Michael would want that.
I think this is the right way to do it.
We all know that the estate would never allow it because they want the money for themselves. Do you think we could change something with a petition addressed to them and RedOne? Or has he the rights to release them without the permission of the Estate?

Re: Will we ever get the RedOne tracks?

There's really no reason for the RedOne tracks NOT to be released. The Estate isn't in financial troubles, so the only people keeping them from being released are the executors.

I'd love to hear later Michael vocals. I have a lot of respect for RedOne, I think there is real sincerity in his comments, unlike Will I Am...

If the songs are good I am sure we will hear them one day.

If the songs are good I am sure we will hear them one day.

If the Redone tracks were really good and with releasable vocals then I'm sure we would have heard them by now....unless the RedOne's fee was too large to justify it or his principles don't allow their release in the way the MJ Estate would like. For a while RedOne was golden but I haven't heard much about him lately. Perhaps his moment of glory has passed??
As with the Will.i.am tracks, if they were good and releasable then they should have been released in 2010 on the Michael album. THAT is when the MJ Estate needed to capitalise on the pro-MJ feeling in the media, radio, general public. It is when those Will and RedOne were still near their peak and they had the greatest potential to shine on the charts. 2010 is when MJ and the MJ Estate needed a single to become a monster hit to start MJ's posthumous career on a high. BUT sadly they released 'This Is It'as the first radio single and followed up with Hold My Hand. They were NEVER ever going to set the charts alight.

Any RedOne or Will.i.am tracks MJ had some involvement in would need to be reworked now (if they were to be released as singles) to give them a modern sound and that means losing some of the essense and sound that MJ was working with back in 2009 and earlier. In 2009 or 2010 they could probably have been recent enough that they would released in a state closer to how MJ last heard them.

In any case, we know how MJ worked so I doubt whether any of the RedOne or Will.i.am songs had releasable vocals. Mj didn't like to lay down those great vocals until he was sure about the tracks.

I agree with MJTruth I think judging by the fact that they needed something modern sounding to be a big hit in 2009/10 and didnt use anything gives me an idea of what Redone and Will.i.am have to offer

The tracks eventually have to be shared with the public.. I do agree that the songs should be revisited by the producers that worked it and (while staying true to the direction Michael was going) possibly do some updating to make the songs more instrumentally relevant for today's market..

This is all dependent on what the hopes are for the music.. if the estate and producers would want it played on the radio and to give Michael a chance to be played regularly on the radio.. update it! If they are just going to package songs together and not push for radio play than it would not matter as much..

Dilan;4218802 said:
I agree with MJTruth I think judging by the fact that they needed something modern sounding to be a big hit in 2009/10 and didnt use anything gives me an idea of what Redone and Will.i.am have to offer

Not true at all... RedOne says he would ONLY release them if the money goes to charity... that‘s not what the Michael or Xscape album was about... will.i.am refused to release them at all back in 2010.
If they had the opportunity to release them back then I‘m sure the would have done it. Even if they aren‘t good they would have used their names to promote the album.

when specific producers say songs are complete.. At the very least I take that as it has a 'complete sound'.. ie. releasable in there eyes!

the fact they have not been release says nothing about quality.. The estate can't release what they don't have access to. simple as that... Michael changed his recording process a lot after "Hold My Hand" was leaked.. more on lock down than ever before..

RedOne specifically said he'd only allow his tracks to be released if the proceeds to go charity. Will.i.am has completely refused to release them at all. The fact that we haven't heard them yet isn't indicative of anything.

. Will.i.am has completely refused to release them at all. The fact that we haven't heard them yet isn't indicative of anything.

No before release of his last album he said in a interview he wanted to do one song on the album but did not get the permission.

There is definitely a lot of unheard material from those recording sessions (between MJ & RedOne).

Both of them worked together many hours recording songs. MJ laid down his vocals on many songs that RedOne describes as very good, energetic & uplifting.

But RedOne should keep in mind also that the Estate is run by businessmen who seek profits by every release, so releasing them for charity reasons only is quite impossible.

…We started meeting up in his studio and you know after a while I started to get comfortable around him, it wasn’t until months later we were at his house in a studio and he went in to record the vocals and started singing that I realized again that Michael Jackson is in front of me, I got chills while listening to him singing… I recorded the last song I was supposed to work on with Michael with the voice of Bruno Mars because his voice sounds so similar to Michael’s…” (RedOne)

Also, according to RedOne, only one song (the last song from those recording sessions) does not have MJ’s vocals on it. Anything else from their collaboration at that time apparently has complete or nearly complete MJ’s vocals on it.

And which Bruno Mars song is the one which was originally MJ? Was it released? Might give us an idea about the sound of the MJ RedOne Session.

mj_frenzy;4218838 said:
There is definitely a lot of unheard material from those recording sessions (between MJ & RedOne).

Both of them worked together many hours recording songs. MJ laid down his vocals on many songs that RedOne describes as very good, energetic & uplifting.

But RedOne should keep in mind also that the Estate is run by businessmen who seek profits by every release, so releasing them for charity reasons only is quite impossible.

…We started meeting up in his studio and you know after a while I started to get comfortable around him, it wasn’t until months later we were at his house in a studio and he went in to record the vocals and started singing that I realized again that Michael Jackson is in front of me, I got chills while listening to him singing… I recorded the last song I was supposed to work on with Michael with the voice of Bruno Mars because his voice sounds so similar to Michael’s…” (RedOne)

Also, according to RedOne, only one song (the last song from those recording sessions) does not have MJ’s vocals on it. Anything else from their collaboration at that time apparently has complete or nearly complete MJ’s vocals on it.

Wow never heard of that!!!! Great! Is the Song with Bruno released?

I've never seen that interview quote before. Thanks, mj_frenzy!

A quick search through Bruno's discography doesn't show any collaborations between him and RedOne, so it wasn't commercially released. Bruno does have a boatload of leaked songs though, so perhaps it's one of them.

When specific producers say songs are complete.. At the very least I take that as it has a 'complete sound'.. ie. releasable in their eyes!

The fact they have not been released says nothing about quality.. The Estate can't release what they don't have access to. simple as that... Michael changed his recording process a lot after "Hold My Hand" was leaked.. more on lock down than ever before..

Absolutely agree with this....especially the emboldened parts.

The Estate is run by businessmen who seek profits by every release, so releasing them for charity reasons only is quite impossible.

Generating income always was one of the primary objectives and there is nothing wrong with that, in my opinion, considering that at the time of Michael's death, there was a $500 million debt to deal with, wolves at the door and three minor children to support. To say that the Executors do not care about charity isn't strictly true, really, as Michael allowed for 20% of Estate funds to be used to support charities; however that needs to be managed in a certain way, by the Estate executors, not by outside entities or personalities who wish to dictate terms.

Absolutely agree with this....especially the emboldened parts.

Generating income always was one of the primary objectives and there is nothing wrong with that, in my opinion, considering that at the time of Michael's death, there was a $500 million debt to deal with, wolves at the door and three minor children to support. To say that the Executors do not care about charity isn't strictly true, really, as Michael allowed for 20% of Estate funds to be used to support charities; however that needs to be managed in a certain way, by the Estate executors, not by outside entities or personalities who wish to dictate terms.

Question as to why MJs finances were so bad.. those in charge have a big part to play. Let's not forget Branca was investigated for embezzlement. But that's beside the point. I doubt we will get much of MJs later work because of those who he worked with seem to know Estate are crooks/want their own benefit.

I don't want to get too derailed but yes people did take advantage of Michael's finances and in many ways stole from him...

But let's also not pretend that in the end of the day it was Michael's finances and he played his fair role in his own financial issues.

It was his money, his spending habits that also played a role..

I don't want to get too derailed but yes people did take advantage of Michael's finances and in many ways stole from him...

But let's also not pretend that in the end of the day it was Michael's finances and he played his fair role in his own financial issues.

It was his money, his spending habits that also played a role..

Oh of course but MJ wasnt being paid right by Sony in first place. Royalties not being paid was a big issue. MJ even looked into it when Quincy first filed lawsuit I believe. Branca and Sony were stealing from MJ.

But yeah, off topic!

Question as to why MJs finances were so bad.. those in charge have a big part to play. Let's not forget Branca was investigated for embezzlement. But that's beside the point. I doubt we will get much of MJs later work because of those who he worked with seem to know Estate are crooks/want their own benefit.

...And MJ was investigated for child abuse. Investigations don't mean anything!

We can only guess why those songs haven't been released.

Perhaps they weren't good enough, or complete enough, or maybe the producers demanded too much money or other terms the MJ Estate wouldn't accept. Maybe we'll hear them one day but the fact remains that they are now passed their peak usefulness from a commercial point of view without being updated.

You come in every thread to spread your hate against the Estate. Well when you points out "Branca was investigated for embezzlement", why not saying what was the result of the investigation. No other than Michaels attorney Meserau made it clear with examanation from the investigator David LeGrand in Michals trial 2005. LeGrand stated nothing was found against Branca but he pointed out that he found evidence against Konitzer and Wiesner.

BTW Meserau said also he could not think of any better to run Michaels Estate but Branca.

The estate gets crapped on by fans way too much.. I get things have not been ideal but they do a lot and I can say with full belief - they try.. they put the effort in.

We always have to remember while we the "mega fans" are at the heart of the fan base we are not a majority..

They will always be a business first. The fact that they listen and consider us says more to me than most large companies.

I hope one day ALL of MJs Backcatalogue leaks. Mj had sold more than enough. The children’s have more than enough money... (see on instagram what they do with this) the estate is a big fake company. Since invincible we get a greatest hits after greatest hits... i go through hell for Michael in so many periods, the only thing I wanted was an album after the invincible album! What was on the Michael album? Hollywood tonight,best of joy, another day, behind the mask , much to soon, loving you , Chicago, place with no name , slave to the rhythm, blue gangster are the only songs we get on this complications.... is more than poor. Not one Post trial song we heard

Harun;4218975 said:
I hope one day ALL of MJs Backcatalogue leaks. Mj had sold more than enough. The children’s have more than enough money... (see on instagram what they do with this) the estate is a big fake company. Since invincible we get a greatest hits after greatest hits... i go through hell for Michael in so many periods, the only thing I wanted was an album after the invincible album! What was on the Michael album? Hollywood tonight,best of joy, another day, behind the mask , much to soon, loving you , Chicago, place with no name , slave to the rhythm, blue gangster are the only songs we get on this complications.... is more than poor. Not one Post trial song we heard

Best of Joy I think is a post trial and so is Hold My Hand.

Back