MJ Concert Ideas That Never Came to Be

fraroc04

Proud Member
Recently, I learned that the Royal Brunei show in 1996 was originally going to be longer and feature a setlist which was a combination of the Bad and Dangerous tours. Apparently Dirty Diana, Rock With You, Bad, Heal The World, and Another Part of Me were rehearsed...However at the end of the day, Michael decided to do an edited Dangerous 1992 style show.

Also, speaking of the Dangerous tour, I recently came across a rumor that after the Superbowl performance, MJ planned a US leg of the Dangerous tour which featured a setlist with more Dangerous songs, like the title track, Who Is It, Why You Wanna Trip On Me, and Give Into Me. Also, Dirty Diana was also going to be brought back into the set too, most likely before or after Black Or White.

Unfortunately, we all know why this didn't happen.... Thank you, Evan Chandler.

Re: MJ concert ideas that never came to be, but should have.

I always wanted the One Night Only show to still go on after Michael collapsed and recovered. I'm sad he never rescheduled even if it was several years later. I also wish that at least one of the Millennium concerts happened as well (1999 into the year 2000) in Hawaii.

Recently, I learned that the Royal Brunei show in 1996 was originally going to be longer and feature a setlist which was a combination of the Bad and Dangerous tours. Apparently Dirty Diana, Rock With You, Bad, Heal The World, and Another Part of Me were rehearsed...However at the end of the day, Michael decided to do an edited Dangerous 1992 style show.

Also, speaking of the Dangerous tour, I recently came across a rumor that after the Superbowl performance, MJ planned a US leg of the Dangerous tour which featured a setlist with more Dangerous songs, like the title track, Who Is It, Why You Wanna Trip On Me, and Give Into Me. Also, Dirty Diana was also going to be brought back into the set too, most likely before or after Black Or White.

Unfortunately, we all know why this didn't happen.... Thank you, Evan Chandler....asshole.

Where did you hear that rumor about the Brunei setlist? If true I would love to see the rehearsal footage

so where did you read all that?

I cant remember where exactly I heard the Dangerous US leg rumor, but In terms of the Royal Brunei extended setlist, I read about it here. http://michael-jackson.wikia.com/wiki/Royal_Concert I'm trying to find the actual Kenny Ortega interview where this information came from.

I'm not sure that Wikipedia is a truly reliable source, considering it can be revised by all and sundry.

MJ did not plan a US leg of his Dangerous Tour after the Superbowl performance.

His main intention from the very beginning of that tour was to significantly boost the sales of his ‘Dangerous’ album globally (apart from the ‘Heal The World’ Foundation charity motives).

For this reason, after the 1992 Dangerous leg (that took place in Europe & Japan which were always strong territories for him in terms of fan base/sales), he carefully planned to perform mostly on international, emerging markets that would increase the sales of that album even more (as they eventually did).

He knew at the same time that potential US arena shows (which were technically smaller) could not really boost the sales of his ‘Dangerous’ album.

In fact, he was going to resume the 1993 Asian leg of that tour earlier in that year by performing in Hong Kong but he cancelled those Hong Kong shows due to his tight, non-tour business schedule.

So, the 1993 allegations had no effect at all on his performing in US (during that tour) because he never intended to perform there at that time.

Regarding the allegedly longer original set list of the Royal Brunei show in July (1996), I would not be surprised if he indeed rehearsed those additional songs. The reason is that initial set lists almost always include few extra songs for safety reasons (which are rehearsed, too). This applies not only to MJ’s shows but also to many other artists.

Back