New Duet? MJ + Bruno Mars

Well this is out of the blue, I would love it to be true. I have a lot of respect for Bruno, he's a great singer and fantastic entertainer
Whatever it is I'm sure it's done with the up most care and respect for Michael

MJ Estate is preparing something like "Love Never Felt So Good with Justin Timberlake. A collaboration of Michael Jackson's song(s) with Bruno Mars.

Bruno has a very good voice and was always very respective towards Michael. It would be a smash and would introduce Michael to new generations. So I would love to see that happen

Let’s hope not. MJ never worked with Bruno lets keep it that way.

Smooth72;4220978 said:

Why does it matter? Everybody knows that it wasn‘t Mikes choice to create a duet if that will happen, but that doesn‘t change the fact that the outcome could be great and if that helps keeping his legacy or bringing him a number one song I‘m pretty sure he would approve of it. Michael always wanted to be on top of the charts. That‘s the only way to still achieve that. And Bruno is definitely a good singer and can sing a song with Mike. To be honest he‘s one of the few people I think Michael would consider working with if he was still alive.

With a duet we could get a song we would otherwise never hear

If the song wasn't a duet originally it shouldn't be it now but I would be ok with it if they also released the Michael only version.

I've wanted Bruno and Michael to work together since before his passing.. I remember posting on a few occasions that I wanted Mike to work with the Smeezingtons which was the production and writing team of Bruno Mars and Philip Lawrence. Those two together have some great melody and ear for music.

michael already transcends generations. I can't count the amount of children I've seen on talent shows and YouTube videos imitating him. he doesn't need to be reduced to a guest on a song that he may not have even released, with artist he may not have even worked with, had he been here. I have nothing against Bruno personally, but this duet will be all about him if it happens.

Bruno Mars working on an MJ song doesn't necessarily mean his voice would be on the track.. maybe, but he's a writer and producer.. He's worked with other artists without ever being on the track(s)..

If there is going to be any "Current" artist/producer to work on Michaels work and give it justice - it would be Bruno and his team.. Bruno is a big MJ fan and really does understand music.

MJ Estate is preparing something like "Love Never Felt So Good with Justin Timberlake.
A collaboration of Michael Jackson's song(s) with Bruno Mars.

How do you know that? Do you have a reliable source for this information? I would like it to be true, actually.

I like Bruno Mars - he's quite Michael-esque, in my opinion, but will never BE like Michael, of course.

Smooth72;4220978 said:

No but he worked with Bruno dad didn't he? A tenuous link but better than nothing.

I've gone off Bruno this last couple of years - his confidence that was originally a plus now feels more like cockiness or arrogance imo. But personally I do think a duet with Bruno or production by Bruno could work well with the right mj song. LNFSG would be a good example.

Last edited:
I hope so i want any new MJ music I think the MJ JT duet succeeded why not do it again with another singer with a good talent Also The xscape project was a good try maybe they will do it again with more care .

Here are my thoughts on the whole duets, It's not the same and won't ever be the same since Michael isn't here to produce the tracks however I rather hear something new rather than nothing at all and if The Estate is allowing Bruno Mars to work on one of Michael's unreleased songs then I am all for it.

Xscape wasn't that bad guys and I am sure everything released in the future will be just as satisfactory. It won't ever be the same and we have to understand that but let's take what we can get and cherish it because its all we honestly have left as far as new releases.

If the song wasn't a duet originally it shouldn't be it now but I would be ok with it if they also released the Michael only version.
The songs on Minnie Riperton's album Love Lives Forever weren't recorded as duets. But several popular singers & session musicians of the time (including Mike) overdubbed parts on the songs Minnie had recorded before she passed away.
Also Torture was originally a duet with Jackie & Mike, and when Jermaine rejoined the group he replaced Jackie's lead.

I hope that mj fans don't treat a future mj duet with so much unnecessary disdain it bitterness like they did with the Bieber version of slave to the rhythm. That track was gaining real momentum. Bieber fans were on-board, radio was playing it. It had a real chance of being a genuine hit then mj fans crapped on it and it was pulled.

I hope that mj fans don't treat a future mj duet with so much unnecessary disdain it bitterness like they did with the Bieber version of slave to the rhythm. That track was gaining real momentum. Bieber fans were on-board, radio was playing it. It had a real chance of being a genuine hit then mj fans crapped on it and it was pulled.

I completely agree. In as much as I am NO Bieber fan, I quite liked the MJ/JB duet of "Slave to the Rhythm" (or at least I was open to it). Let's face it....it is a GOOD song and it could have been a blockbuster, in various forms, if handled correctly. I think it could have done really well on radio if it had been allowed to run its course. MJ fans did so much damage with their whining and I remember eventually there was a massive fan war on twitter, too, between the Beliebers and MJ fans, which just tarnished the whole thing.

That was sooooo bad. I'm glad that wasn't ever officially released. Timbaland version is million times better and sounds professionally done. Production on Tricky's version and Bieber remix sounds very poor and amateur-ish, like it's fan-made.

The songs on Minnie Riperton's album Love Lives Forever weren't recorded as duets. But several popular singers & session musicians of the time (including Mike) overdubbed parts on the songs Minnie had recorded before she passed away.

Also Torture was originally a duet with Jackie & Mike, and when Jermaine rejoined the group he replaced Jackie's lead.

So? Michael's solo songs shouldn't be duets in my opinion.

The fact that a lot of fans seem to prefer monetary success to artistic integrity is very discouraging to me.

Would be a great if a new album is in the works but there isn't a credible source yet so I wouldn't get your hopes up yet guys.

Minnie

So? Michael's solo songs shouldn't be duets in my opinion.
If Mike did the same thing to Minnie's solo song, then it should be no problem for the same to happen to his songs. These kinds of duets are nothing new. Natalie Cole's biggest selling album is overdubbed duets with her father Nat who died when she was a child. The Beatles recorded new music and vocals on John Lennon demos for Free As A Bird & Real Love. Many duets that both artists actually participated in weren't recorded together at the same time or the same place. It's like doing a remix, and remixes sometimes have extra singers or rappers on them that are not on the original mix. Some singers do exclusive vocals for remixes. If you don't like it, you don't have to buy or listen to it. It's for people who will like this kind of thing and remixes have been popular since the disco days in the 1970s. With Bruno it will more likely to get radio airplay than if the song is released like it is, since Top 40 doesn't usually play artists over a certain age. He's a currently hot singer, in which most popular Top 40 artists now in the US are rappers and maybe country.

Didn't Estate say no new music? Could this be an anniversary package remix?

Back