When Do You Expect An Album?

Dan

Proud Member
Hey everyone,

When do you reckon we'll get a new album? I was looking back at the past two albums and noticed that they were released 4 years apart and I assume that albums would be released in that form from now on, which would land the album in this year, however, I fear that the release of "Scream" interjected that. We know Bruno Mars is working on something with Michael but it could just be sampling for a new track of his (either way, I bet it will be great! Big fan of Bruno and what he is doing in pop music right now!).

If it is a duet though, I expect something in the style of the "Thriller" album, like Lady In My Life or Baby Be Mine. Bruno seems to capture that era of Michael in his music so well.

What do you think?

Do you think the year is too crowded with the Prince album hitting in September as well the new Lenny Kravitz album hitting in the same month and with the whole ABBA doing a new record and going on tour again, also, the whole Roy Orbison touring again thing?

Thanks,

-Dan.

Re: When Do You Expect A Album?

I hope so! I'm doubtful though to be honest, I doubt the estate would make a u turn on their "no new music" statement, but I could be wrong. Trying not to get my hopes up

I think we will know more regarding any kind of future release after we see this performance with Bruno, right now we now very little. We don't even know if it'll be new music, like you said, he could be sampling Michael or maybe even paying tribute to Mike like he did to Prince a while back. I would love for it to be a LNFSG style duet to be lead single off of a new MJ album but it would just seem like such odd timing with the whole Thriller 3D rerelease thing (shows you how much I'm interested in that)
I do think there will be something happening with Mike and Bruno, because MJ Beats are rarely wrong with this type of news.

My dream would be it's a great up tempo lead single, that becomes a summer hit, then a new 10 track album follows with all never heard tracks including at least 1 post trial track
Talk about getting your hopes up haha
I'm just glad we have something to look forward to regarding Mike, it feels like it's been too long and I have confidence Bruno won't let us down

Not for the foreseeable future. The Estate have already said they consider a small minority of the available material as releasable so they're gonna want to stretch it out as long as possible.

Hey everyone,

When do you reckon we'll get a new album? I was looking back at the past two albums and noticed that they were released 4 years apart and I assume that albums would be released in that form from now on, which would land the album in this year, however, I fear that the release of "Scream" interjected that.

-Dan.

That's exactly what I reckoned!! I was hoping for a new album or at least new music in any form being released this year and now the speculationes are hyping me up so much!!! I can't wait to see what happens. I always asumed that the estate saying they don't have enough complete music to fill an album was some sort of white lie.

I think it would make sense to release an album around 29th of August - where MJ would have been 60. It just seems more right to release an album around the time MJ would turn 60 - rather than next year where MJ has been dead for 10 years... - They could make a This Is It - 10 years edition or something, that would be great.

BUT - I doubt we will get a new album this year unfortunately... Even though timing would be good with the 2 other albums released and MJ's 60th birthday.

I really hope it's true a new MJ + Bruno Mars song is coming,... BUT - I hope it's a MJ song primarily. So most MJ vocals. MJ feat. Bruno Mars. (more vocals than on Hold My Hand)

Agree with the timing. It would make sense to release an album for Michael's 60th Birthday rather than next year but I'm not confident we'll see anything tbh. Let's see how this rumoured MJ & Bruno thing plays out in the coming weeks.

The "Foreseeable future" from the estate (from my view) was not an indication of no album in the semi near future. More so, it was not something being worked or discussed at the time.

If I were to guess though, I would not see an album this year.. IF they discuss things at this point they might as well wait for 2019 since it is a 10 year mark.. Though I want an album sooner I can understand a thought process that would wait.

I think Branca clearly said they have no intention to release new music soon. So I do not expect new music this and next year.

Last edited:

I'm not expecting any new albums for quite some time,if ever again. As I've stated several times in several threads,The Estate pried the Sony/ATV catalog out of Michael's cold dead fingers and gave it back to Sony,which Michael didn't want. That was Branca & McClain's goal this whole time. They care more about the brand of Michael Jackson and not about his legacy,his fans,or anything else,and the track history up to this point proves me correct. They may have turned Michael into the highest earning deceased celebrity since his death,but they've made a complete mockery of his legacy and preserving it. The Michael album alone was a complete joke and should have never seen the light of day with those three tracks not even being Michael in the first place. They had the options of choosing better songs,yet they chose three songs that weren't even Michael to begin with other than little vocal samples and hiccups lifted from other songs. If any new material is released at any juncture,I'd like to hope that someone better and more competent would take over Michael's Estate because Branca & McClain (especially Branca's snaky-ass) have done a mediocre job in the time Michael has passed. There's still no children's hospital in Michael's name and he so desperately wanted that and he was planning to open one up but died before he got the chance. They registered the Neverland name as a trademark for a museum and there's been zero news about that beyond that registration. I'm over it. I'm still a Michael fan through and through but the Estate needs to clean house on its employees because they're not in it for anything except the money.

I'm not expecting any new albums for quite some time,if ever again. As I've stated several times in several threads,The Estate pried the Sony/ATV catalog out of Michael's cold dead fingers and gave it back to Sony,which Michael didn't want. That was Branca & McClain's goal this whole time. They care more about the brand of Michael Jackson and not about his legacy,his fans,or anything else,and the track history up to this point proves me correct. They may have turned Michael into the highest earning deceased celebrity since his death,but they've made a complete mockery of his legacy and preserving it. The Michael album alone was a complete joke and should have never seen the light of day with those three tracks not even being Michael in the first place. They had the options of choosing better songs,yet they chose three songs that weren't even Michael to begin with other than little vocal samples and hiccups lifted from other songs. If any new material is released at any juncture,I'd like to hope that someone better and more competent would take over Michael's Estate because Branca & McClain (especially Branca's snaky-ass) have done a mediocre job in the time Michael has passed. There's still no children's hospital in Michael's name and he so desperately wanted that and he was planning to open one up but died before he got the chance. They registered the Neverland name as a trademark for a museum and there's been zero news about that beyond that registration. I'm over it. I'm still a Michael fan through and through but the Estate needs to clean house on its employees because they're not in it for anything except the money.

Agree on everything stated here, until those sharks are out, can't see anything good coming from the State

To be fair The Estate has done some good things...

Michael was a nice album - they are lawyers not MJ mega fans or audiologs or something... They had no reason whatsoever to doubt it was MJ on the three songs. Had the 3 Cascio songs been 3 real MJ songs the album could have been great - and if all fans then had supported it like they would, the album could have been great. Cascio is the criminal here - not the Estate... - Even Teddy Riley got tricked didn't he?? So how should a lawyer now it?? - They got tricked. So did SONY...

BAD25 was a great release - we wanted the Wembley concert and got it... Had we not demanded that particular concert who knows?? Maybe they had released a different concert in HD on Blu-Ray. - They Thought the did the fans a favor giving us this concert...

Xscape had original demos - that was to please the fans AND to make sure no fake vocals was on the album IMO. Great move and great release. Nice idea to get the already leaked songs released. - Timbaland and other who was chosen to update the songs was primarily SONY's desicion and not the lawyers - again the do not make music the make sure the legal stuff is correct. Xscape was a great release - we can simply not expect more from a dead artist...

This Is It was a great release. - Due to timing the project was always gonna be a succes.

Scream album - well, not bad. Weird maybe? Did we need the album? NO, did it hurt? NO. - I for one got my eyes on Torture. Never really heard that song before.

I personally could really careless about a new MJ album. Since the ones that did came out already. I have zero interest in them. Because it is not the same without him here to release one of his albums. So there really is just no point of listening to an MJ album. That came out after what had happen to him. It is really just not the same anymore.:boohoo That joy is just forever gone from me.:(

Not anytime soon tbh. 2018 will be the year of Thriller 3D. 2019 will be This Is It 10th anniversary edition. 2020 will be HIStory 25. So, the new album won't come out before at least 2021 imo.

Not anytime soon tbh. 2018 will be the year of Thriller 3D. 2019 will be This Is It 10th anniversary edition. 2020 will be HIStory 25. So, the new album won't come out before at least 2021 imo.

I love the plan, wish you were running the Estate!!

But seriously do you think they'll celebrate This Is It 10th anniversary and HIStory 25 given that they didn't celebrate Dangerous 25 especially when that is a more successful album?

To be fair The Estate has done some good things...

Michael was a nice album - they are lawyers not MJ mega fans or audiologs or something... They had no reason whatsoever to doubt it was MJ on the three songs. Had the 3 Cascio songs been 3 real MJ songs the album could have been great - and if all fans then had supported it like they would, the album could have been great. Cascio is the criminal here - not the Estate... - Even Teddy Riley got tricked didn't he?? So how should a lawyer now it?? - They got tricked. So did SONY...

BAD25 was a great release - we wanted the Wembley concert and got it... Had we not demanded that particular concert who knows?? Maybe they had released a different concert in HD on Blu-Ray. - They Thought the did the fans a favor giving us this concert...

Xscape had original demos - that was to please the fans AND to make sure no fake vocals was on the album IMO. Great move and great release. Nice idea to get the already leaked songs released. - Timbaland and other who was chosen to update the songs was primarily SONY's desicion and not the lawyers - again the do not make music the make sure the legal stuff is correct. Xscape was a great release - we can simply not expect more from a dead artist...

This Is It was a great release. - Due to timing the project was always gonna be a succes.

Scream album - well, not bad. Weird maybe? Did we need the album? NO, did it hurt? NO. - I for one got my eyes on Torture. Never really heard that song before.

Nobody got tricked lol. Teddy knew it wasn't MJ the instant he heard it. But he kept working on it In hopes of receiving a real one to work on, which he eventually did with Hollywood Tonight.

Nobody got tricked lol. Teddy knew it wasn't MJ the instant he heard it. But he kept working on it In hopes of receiving a real one to work on, which he eventually did with Hollywood Tonight.

Maybe Teddy could hear. But I will never believe that SONY and The Estate intentionally released songs as MJ knowing it was not MJ's vocals.

Cascio came to The Estate and said he had some songs MJ worked on - and Cascio was a personal friend so The Estate had no reason to question him - also it sounds a lot like MJ. - Many MJ fans do not even think the vocals are fake - some fans still believe it's 100 % MJ. - So how on earth should 2 lawyers be able to hear it's not MJ??

I will always believe Cascio is the criminal and he tricked The Estate (and SONY) so he could earn money. The Estate and SONY would never ever release fake vocals on purpose. I simply do not believe that.

Maybe Teddy could hear. But I will never believe that SONY and The Estate intentionally released songs as MJ knowing it was not MJ's vocals.

Cascio came to The Estate and said he had some songs MJ worked on - and Cascio was a personal friend so The Estate had no reason to question him - also it sounds a lot like MJ. - Many MJ fans do not even think the vocals are fake - some fans still believe it's 100 % MJ. - So how on earth should 2 lawyers be able to hear it's not MJ??

I will always believe Cascio is the criminal and he tricked The Estate (and SONY) so he could earn money. The Estate and SONY would never ever release fake vocals on purpose. I simply do not believe that.

Even if they thought that the vocals were MJ they should have believed the room full of former collaborators who said they didn't believe it was MJ. I think at that point money was the motivation not whether or not it was MJ. Also, most fans nowadays do not think those vocals are MJ. Why would the Estate lie about analysing the vocals and say that the people they asked said that they believed it was MJ? When shortly after people from that meeting came out and said that most of the people there said that they didn't believe it was MJ? This behaviour doesn't give me confidence they were tricked at all. Maybe at first, but after a while they must have knew and still released them. Anyway. I feel like this is off topic hahah

As many others have pointed out, I'm afraid and resigned to the fact that there won't be any new music in the near future. Does it bother me? Yep. Especially when I know there's a lot of unheard material. On the other hand, I listen to a number of - living - artists who are going to release new songs, so there's something to look forward to. Besides, I've got many years to live, so hopefully I'll manage to see another album during my lifetime.

Not to derail this thread but the criminal thing about that fateful 2010 decision, was the Estate (reportedly) rejected/passed on Xscape, Blue Gangsta, DYKWYCA, SWLM, STTR, APWNN and other great demos we don't know about to release those terrible tracks. The only saving grace was Teddy brought his A game to Breaking News and Monster, making them listenable.
Imagine if Teddy had been given Slave To The Rhythm

Hey everyone,

When do you reckon we'll get a new album? I was looking back at the past two albums and noticed that they were released 4 years apart and I assume that albums would be released in that form from now on, which would land the album in this year, however, I fear that the release of "Scream" interjected that.

"Michael" - 2010
"Xscape" - 2013
"Scream" - 2017

So.....three and four years apart, respectively.

I don't really expect a new album for quite a while, if at all.
The "formula" would give us one in 2020/21.

Perhaps the plan is more likely to follow what current artists are doing these days.....releasing songs one single at a time, e.g. collaborations/duets.

The Estate announcing an album with a lot of notice is two fold for me..

On one hand - it's nice to get a good ground swell going, build up to the moment and get people excited.

On the other hand - Us as fans immediately start day dreaming, coming up with ideas and hopes. This is all fun and dandy but once an album is released, many end up getting disappointed. Not solely on the quality of the album, but because we created the greatest album ever in our threads related to the album prior to release.. lol

You shouldn't be so trusting, especially of these people. Don't you think there's a reason Breaking News was previewed with a 30 second snippet that cut off before any vocals? Don't forget MJ Estate + Sony paid fan clubs and people like Joe Vogel to write positively about those songs.. Fact is they knew what they were doing and probably thought they could get away with it.

They started working on the Xscape album in 2013 and released it the next year in 2014. In between this we started to get clues and producers like Timbaland & Dr Freeze mentioned about the work in progress. So whenever the estate begins work on the next MJ album we will hopefully have some sort of information/clues before actual release.

I am not the most trusting person but Im also not that cynical to think they had intent!!

Breaking news having a 30 second clip without vocals does not hint to anything.. The thought behind that is exactly what? to hide the vocals? That's silly considering they planned on release the entire song with vocals.. than what?

I in no way believe the Estate thought what they heard was not Michael.

I wouldn't mind having a new box set or compilation album released next year (2019) in remembrance of Michael. You could somehow also add in some special songs such as "Why" by 3T or add the duet Michael did with Barry Gibb "All In Your Name", would love to see that one get a proper release. Hell, you could also add the "There Must Be More to Life Than This" duet he did with Queen. Also add "What More Can I Give". Maybe add in some demos for a song like Best of Joy (which was apparently expected to be sung during the This is It concerts.

There is also a different version of "This is It" on Paul Anka's album "Duets" which I personally like a lot. Oh, also "The Man" which is from McCartney's album Pipes of Peace and "Get It" with Stevie Wonder.

Anyway, that is just for that. Wouldn't also mind a "Live Concert" album, perhaps from Dangerous. 2020 should then be used for HIStory 25 while 2021-22 we should start to see the start of the "Next Era". I don't know why I am think about it like this but it would be cool if the Estate did a continuation of what HIStory was in 1995... Book 1 being a compilation and Book 2 being new songs.

I just think it would be the simplest way to give MJ fans something to.. Every album be re-released with the corresponding concert/tour.. They could do this as anniversary releases, and would not take much production. Of course I'd like to say, each album have a documentary and tour.. but!!!

Back