Votes: 2 11.1%
  • This Is It

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Other performance(s)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zack44

Proud Member
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if there's ever been a thread dedicated to which tour had the best band, so I thought I'd make one

It's currently 1 AM in the eastern USA and I couldn't sleep so I figured that I watch the official DVD of the Bad Tour Wembley concert. It's a shame that the CD version of the concert had to remove the Bad Groove AKA the band jam session because it's so much fun to listen to.

It got me thinking: what is everyone else's opinion of the band members on each of Michael's tours, both solo and with the Jacksons. I'm leaning more towards the Bad Tour overall, but there were folks from different tours that I really like. Specifically Greg Phillinganes as a keyboardist/musical director, Jonathan "Sugarfoot" Moffat as the drummer, Jennifer Batten and/or David Williams on guitar, and Siedah Garret on backing vocals.

What are your favorite MJ tour bands? If you can't narrow it down to just one tour, who are your favorite band members from each of the tours? I'm narrowing down the choices to the following:

Pre-1981 bands
Triumph Tour (since they still had a brass section)
Victory Tour (with half of the brothers playing their own instruments)
Bad Tour (since they were go good that they got to have their own jam session within the show)
Dangerous Tour (Siedah and Brad Buxer join the band!)
HIStory tour (a solid live band despite a mostly lip-synching MJ)
This Is It (a mixture of old favorites like Sugarfoot and new talents like Oranthi)
Other (i.e. 2001 MSG, the 1999 MJ & Friends concerts, etc.)

Just going by the rehearsals, I think that This Is It would have been the best live band Michael ever had.

I go for the Bad Tour, best looking group I ever seen and "Bad Groove Interlude" was just too boss.

If you only focus on the band and the attention and gratitude they got, I go for the Bad tour with indeed their special section they were granted.

I've gotta say Bad.

My question, does anybody have any of the solo albums from Jennifer Batten, David Williams, Greg Phillinganes or Orianthi? Any of them worth buying?

Another question: when did Johny Jackson stop playing drums? When did Tony Lewis start? Was there anybody between the two?

Back