Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Spotify Removes R. Kelly Music From Its Playlists

   
  1. #1
    Points: 5,584, Level: 48
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bavaria, Germany
    Posts
    368
    Points
    5,584
    Level
    48
    Thanks
    719
    Thanked 153 Times in 94 Posts

    Default Spotify Removes R. Kelly Music From Its Playlists

    https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...conduct-policy

    What do you think about this? And what about the songs he wrote for Mike (You Are Not Alone, Cry)? Did this whole thing changed your listening behavior? Do you still listen to those songs he did with Michael?

  2. #2
    Points: 8,226, Level: 61
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,678
    Points
    8,226
    Level
    61
    Thanks
    319
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 823 Posts

    Default Re: Spotify removes R. Kelly music from its playlists

    They took him off of curated playlists, not Spotify tho. It's still there.

    And i dont have a problem with the MJ songs.

  3. #3
    Points: 6,323, Level: 51
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    411
    Points
    6,323
    Level
    51
    Thanks
    543
    Thanked 607 Times in 206 Posts

    Default Re: Spotify removes R. Kelly music from its playlists

    The crazy part is that some people are saying MJ should be taken off too.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Ced For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Points: 11,943, Level: 71
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    552
    Points
    11,943
    Level
    71
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 116 Times in 60 Posts

    Default Re: Spotify removes R. Kelly music from its playlists

    I think this whole "Time's Up" and #Metoo thing is a joke. It's a witch hunt and has been that from the start. And this is just one little part of it. People are being called out for things that happened up to 50 years ago (with no proof of course). And now people are even being convicted in court with no evidence (which shouldn't even be allowed).

    And it isn't even with celebrities. The average male has been facing false accusations for years. They could be the complete opposite of a harasser but all it takes is one accusation and the person has to deal with it their entire life.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MusicMan26 For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Points: 12,371, Level: 72
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree Friends

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,414
    Points
    12,371
    Level
    72
    Thanks
    516
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 622 Posts

    Default Re: Spotify removes R. Kelly music from its playlists

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Ced View Post
    The crazy part is that some people are saying MJ should be taken off too.
    Why? Those are just some people who want drama. MJ PROVED his case and the EVIDENCE PROVED MJ's case and people know MJ was innocent. R Kelly walked due to stuff not being allowed to come in due to illegally searches. So those people (internet trolls) can shut up.
    Mike's PYT

  8. #6
    Points: 3,481, Level: 36
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Goddess4Real's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    897
    Points
    3,481
    Level
    36
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 584 Times in 275 Posts

    Default Re: Spotify removes R. Kelly music from its playlists

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan26 View Post
    I think this whole "Time's Up" and #Metoo thing is a joke. It's a witch hunt and has been that from the start. And this is just one little part of it. People are being called out for things that happened up to 50 years ago (with no proof of course). And now people are even being convicted in court with no evidence (which shouldn't even be allowed).

    And it isn't even with celebrities. The average male has been facing false accusations for years. They could be the complete opposite of a harasser but all it takes is one accusation and the person has to deal with it their entire life.
    Unfortunately I can see how some will use #MeToo and #Time's Up with an axe to grind to falsely accuse, especially those like MJ who are no longer here and who cannot defend themselves. Also will Spotfiy still play Elvis, Ted Nugent, Jerry Lee Lewis? etc or will they get overlooked? Plus, why didn't these movements support Janet who was still being slut shamed during this year's Superbowl celebrations, and who did not call out Justin? Finally I totally agree with this quote;


    Last edited by Goddess4Real; 12-05-2018 at 04:32 AM.
    Keep Calm & Listen to MJ

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goddess4Real For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Points: 8,226, Level: 61
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,678
    Points
    8,226
    Level
    61
    Thanks
    319
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 823 Posts

    Default Re: Spotify removes R. Kelly music from its playlists

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan26 View Post
    I think this whole "Time's Up" and #Metoo thing is a joke. It's a witch hunt and has been that from the start. And this is just one little part of it. People are being called out for things that happened up to 50 years ago (with no proof of course). And now people are even being convicted in court with no evidence (which shouldn't even be allowed).

    And it isn't even with celebrities. The average male has been facing false accusations for years. They could be the complete opposite of a harasser but all it takes is one accusation and the person has to deal with it their entire life.
    Of course a man would say something like this

  11. #8
    Points: 8,226, Level: 61
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,678
    Points
    8,226
    Level
    61
    Thanks
    319
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 823 Posts

    Default Re: Spotify removes R. Kelly music from its playlists

    Quote Originally Posted by Goddess4Real View Post
    Unfortunately I can see how some will use #MeToo and #Time's Up with an axe to grind to falsely accuse, especially those like MJ who are no longer here and who cannot defend themselves. Also will Spotfiy still play Elvis, Ted Nugent, Jerry Lee Lewis? etc or will they get overlooked? Plus, why didn't these movements support Janet who was still being slut shamed during this year's Superbowl celebrations, and who did not call out Justin? Finally I totally agree with this quote;


    The internet has never forgotten what happened to Janet. Justin still gets shit about it.

  12. #9
    Points: 4,254, Level: 41
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdriveTagger Second Class
    Mikky Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    771
    Points
    4,254
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    1,354
    Thanked 739 Times in 355 Posts

    Default Re: Spotify removes R. Kelly music from its playlists

    Quote Originally Posted by Slave To The Rhythm View Post
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...conduct-policy

    What do you think about this? And what about the songs he wrote for Mike (You Are Not Alone, Cry)? Did this whole thing changed your listening behavior? Do you still listen to those songs he did with Michael?
    I have never considered YANA and Cry to be R. Kelly songs....once Michael put his polish on them, they were his songs, as far as I'm concerned. That being said, I usually do separate the man from the music, when determining whether I will listen to and/or like a song or not.
    "To give someone a piece of your heart,
    is worth more than all the wealth in the world"
    ~Michael Jackson~

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    Points: 22,691, Level: 93
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,370
    Points
    22,691
    Level
    93
    Thanks
    7,065
    Thanked 4,610 Times in 1,286 Posts

    Default Re: Spotify removes R. Kelly music from its playlists

    This thread doesn`t belong in this section. Maybe in General Music discussion

  15. #11
    Points: 11,943, Level: 71
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    552
    Points
    11,943
    Level
    71
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 116 Times in 60 Posts

    Default Re: Spotify removes R. Kelly music from its playlists

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlasAir View Post
    Of course a man would say something like this
    Since I'm guessing you're a woman, let me ask you this....

    Wouldn't you be a bit concerned if you knew that at any point in your life someone could say anything they want about about you with no evidence and possibly ruin your career and entire life? And all because of your gender.

    At least you have the luxury to know that no matter what happens in your life (even serious issues), at some point you can move on and put the situation behind you. Unfortunately in this situation that is not possible.

  16. #12
    Points: 20,418, Level: 90
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Galactus123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,150
    Points
    20,418
    Level
    90
    Thanks
    2,167
    Thanked 2,566 Times in 1,267 Posts

    Default Re: Spotify Removes R. Kelly Music From Its Playlists

    I haven't ever really listened R. Kelly's music but I will keep listening the songs he did with Michael.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Galactus123 For This Useful Post:


  18. #13
    Points: 5,584, Level: 48
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bavaria, Germany
    Posts
    368
    Points
    5,584
    Level
    48
    Thanks
    719
    Thanked 153 Times in 94 Posts

    Default Re: Spotify removes R. Kelly music from its playlists

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    I have never considered YANA and Cry to be R. Kelly songs....once Michael put his polish on them, they were his songs, as far as I'm concerned. That being said, I usually do separate the man from the music, when determining whether I will listen to and/or like a song or not.
    First answer to the question of the thread thanks !

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •