Spotify Removes R. Kelly Music From Its Playlists

Re: Spotify removes R. Kelly music from its playlists

They took him off of curated playlists, not Spotify tho. It's still there.

And i dont have a problem with the MJ songs.

The crazy part is that some people are saying MJ should be taken off too.

I think this whole "Time's Up" and #Metoo thing is a joke. It's a witch hunt and has been that from the start. And this is just one little part of it. People are being called out for things that happened up to 50 years ago (with no proof of course). And now people are even being convicted in court with no evidence (which shouldn't even be allowed).

And it isn't even with celebrities. The average male has been facing false accusations for years. They could be the complete opposite of a harasser but all it takes is one accusation and the person has to deal with it their entire life.

The crazy part is that some people are saying MJ should be taken off too.
Why? Those are just some people who want drama. MJ PROVED his case and the EVIDENCE PROVED MJ's case and people know MJ was innocent. R Kelly walked due to stuff not being allowed to come in due to illegally searches. So those people (internet trolls) can shut up.

MusicMan26;4221795 said:
I think this whole "Time's Up" and #Metoo thing is a joke. It's a witch hunt and has been that from the start. And this is just one little part of it. People are being called out for things that happened up to 50 years ago (with no proof of course). And now people are even being convicted in court with no evidence (which shouldn't even be allowed).

And it isn't even with celebrities. The average male has been facing false accusations for years. They could be the complete opposite of a harasser but all it takes is one accusation and the person has to deal with it their entire life.

Unfortunately I can see how some will use #MeToo and #Time's Up with an axe to grind to falsely accuse, especially those like MJ who are no longer here and who cannot defend themselves. Also will Spotfiy still play Elvis, Ted Nugent, Jerry Lee Lewis? etc or will they get overlooked? Plus, why didn't these movements support Janet who was still being slut shamed during this year's Superbowl celebrations, and who did not call out Justin? Finally I totally agree with this quote;

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Why do people continuously bring up Michael in everyone else's problems, when it comes to criminal activity? It's obvious he was/is innocent,for god sakes just leave that man alone!!!!</p>&mdash; Nakiyah laney (@nakiyah_laney) <a href="https://twitter.com/nakiyah_laney/status/994909478570090496?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 11, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:

Of course a man would say something like this :rolleyes:

Goddess4Real;4221799 said:
Unfortunately I can see how some will use #MeToo and #Time's Up with an axe to grind to falsely accuse, especially those like MJ who are no longer here and who cannot defend themselves. Also will Spotfiy still play Elvis, Ted Nugent, Jerry Lee Lewis? etc or will they get overlooked? Plus, why didn't these movements support Janet who was still being slut shamed during this year's Superbowl celebrations, and who did not call out Justin? Finally I totally agree with this quote;

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Why do people continuously bring up Michael in everyone else's problems, when it comes to criminal activity? It's obvious he was/is innocent,for god sakes just leave that man alone!!!!</p>&#8212; Nakiyah laney (@nakiyah_laney) <a href="https://twitter.com/nakiyah_laney/status/994909478570090496?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 11, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The internet has never forgotten what happened to Janet. Justin still gets shit about it.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/...sic-playlists-new-hate-content-conduct-policy

What do you think about this? And what about the songs he wrote for Mike (You Are Not Alone, Cry)? Did this whole thing changed your listening behavior? Do you still listen to those songs he did with Michael?

I have never considered YANA and Cry to be R. Kelly songs....once Michael put his polish on them, they were his songs, as far as I'm concerned. That being said, I usually do separate the man from the music, when determining whether I will listen to and/or like a song or not.

This thread doesn`t belong in this section. Maybe in General Music discussion

Of course a man would say something like this :rolleyes:

Since I'm guessing you're a woman, let me ask you this....

Wouldn't you be a bit concerned if you knew that at any point in your life someone could say anything they want about about you with no evidence and possibly ruin your career and entire life? And all because of your gender.

At least you have the luxury to know that no matter what happens in your life (even serious issues), at some point you can move on and put the situation behind you. Unfortunately in this situation that is not possible.

I haven't ever really listened R. Kelly's music but I will keep listening the songs he did with Michael.

I have never considered YANA and Cry to be R. Kelly songs....once Michael put his polish on them, they were his songs, as far as I'm concerned. That being said, I usually do separate the man from the music, when determining whether I will listen to and/or like a song or not.

First answer to the question of the thread thanks !

Back