Osmond Family

Marie's 60th birthday on The Talk (October 14, 2019)

This is also announced as the final performance of the original 4 Osmond brothers

I was shocked at how old Jimmy looks. He looks older than his brothers, and he's the youngest!
Yeah, that was interesting. Maybe being a big shot tour promoter really takes it out of you, lol. I learnt a lot about Jimmy that I didn't know so that was great. They are such an interesting family. I don't love Donny as a singer bc his material is quite mainstream although I love him as an entertainer. But the family as a whole, they just fascinate me.

Yeah, that was interesting. Maybe being a big shot tour promoter really takes it out of you, lol. I learnt a lot about Jimmy that I didn't know so that was great. They are such an interesting family. I don't love Donny as a singer bc his material is quite mainstream although I love him as an entertainer. But the family as a whole, they just fascinate me.
I feel the same way!

I believe he suffered a stroke a while ago, not to sure when.
I don't think that was Jimmy, was it? I thought it was one of the older brothers? I only just watched this the other day, I'm going to have to go back over it.

EDIT - just googled it. You were right. Jimmy did have a stroke. :(

I don't think that was Jimmy, was it? I thought it was one of the older brothers? I only just watched this the other day, I'm going to have to go back over it.

EDIT - just googled it. You were right. Jimmy did have a stroke. :(
Yes I also checked, it was after a performance of Peter pan

I know, it's mentioned in the documentary (all their health problems are). but I didn't know that having strokes makes you look old?
It depends on the type of stroke and how intense it is. You can have a low-key stroke and recover quite well and not really show any side effects. But a bigger one can often age your face really noticeably. It can age you physically as well, I believe, so you might move more like an older person compared to how fast and how easily you moved around before. And poor Jimmy had two so I'm not surprised. But he has his family and his community around him so that's good.

It depends on the type of stroke and how intense it is. You can have a low-key stroke and recover quite well and not really show any side effects. But a bigger one can often age your face really noticeably. It can age you physically as well, I believe, so you might move more like an older person compared to how fast and how easily you moved around before. And poor Jimmy had two so I'm not surprised. But he has his family and his community around him so that's good.
Oh i see

"On 21 October 1973, American heartthrobs The Osmonds were met by hysterical crowds when their plane landed at London's Heathrow Airport. A surge by some of the 10,000 fans caused a viewing balcony to collapse. Eighteen people were injured. Four fans were treated in hospital. The term "Osmondmania" was used across the newspapers. Donny Osmond shares his memories of it with Josephine McDermott."

Programme will be broadcast on Sat 21 October 2023

"On 21 October 1973, American heartthrobs The Osmonds were met by hysterical crowds when their plane landed at London's Heathrow Airport. A surge by some of the 10,000 fans caused a viewing balcony to collapse. Eighteen people were injured. Four fans were treated in hospital. The term "Osmondmania" was used across the newspapers. Donny Osmond shares his memories of it with Josephine McDermott."

Programme will be broadcast on Sat 21 October 2023

I used to be crazy about donny, had posters on my wall.

This put a huge smile on my face
omg, that was the cutest thing ever! I loved it. šŸ„°

I'm Gonna Knock On Your Door is probably my fave Jimmy Osmond song and that was a really good rendition he did here. And the crowd are having the time of their lives!! :D

The entire thing was fabulous. šŸ¤—

Back