Thread: Can anyone tell me how to post pictures

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks

Default Can anyone tell me how to post pictures

How to post pictures in this community so that I can share my June 25th project information details with you.. ❤️❤️❤️ and Happy environment day to all of you 🌿🌿🌿🌱🌱🌎🌎🌎🌎🌎..

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredThree FriendsOverdriveTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 574 Posts

Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to post pictures

There are a few ways to do it, depending on what you actually want to do and where your pictures are stored.

If they're on your computer.

1) Click on the reply box. Look at the functions along the top of the reply. Third from the right is an icon that is an image of a little tree.

2) Click on that icon - it is for "insert image". A new window/box will pop up. Click on "From computer" if you're uploading from your own PC.

3) Then click on "choose file" and you'll gain access to your computer files. Then open up your pictures and choose your image by clicking on it, then click "open".

4) In the "insert image" window, the file name of your image will appear in the centre bar. Select "upload file" which appears underneath that centre bar.

5) Your image will then be in your reply box. Then click on the "Post Reply" button.

If they are from somewhere on the internet.

6) If you're not uploading an image from your computer, then in the insert image box, select "From URL" instead of "from computer."

7) You will have copied the URL of your image from another site. Paste the URL into the centre bar by using your right click. Then click OK.

Other methods I use.

I often use another method which is very easy. I hover the mouse on any image I want, all over the internet and right-click-select "copy image address". Then I right-click paste the URL directly into my reply box. I don't use the "insert image" icon. Then I type image tags around the URL....so at the front I type this [IMG] and at the end I type this [/IMG] Then I just hit the post button.

I also use have an account on an image hosting web-site, which is photobucket. I can copy and paste my images directly from there, straight into the forum, using right-click-copy (copy the image URL) and then right-click-paste (into the reply box). The hosting site already puts the IMG tags around the URL for me when I post something from my collection.

Billie Jean Baby.jpg
    "To give someone a piece of your heart,
    is worth more than all the wealth in the world"
    ~Michael Jackson~

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,849 Times in 3,045 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    There are a few ways to do it, depending on what you actually want to do and where your pictures are stored.

If they're on your computer.

1) Click on the reply box. Look at the functions along the top of the reply. Third from the right is an icon that is an image of a little tree.

2) Click on that icon - it is for "insert image". A new window/box will pop up. Click on "From computer" if you're uploading from your own PC.

3) Then click on "choose file" and you'll gain access to your computer files. Then open up your pictures and choose your image by clicking on it, then click "open".

4) In the "insert image" window, the file name of your image will appear in the centre bar. Select "upload file" which appears underneath that centre bar.

5) Your image will then be in your reply box. Then click on the "Post Reply" button.

If they are from somewhere on the internet.

6) If you're not uploading an image from your computer, then in the insert image box, select "From URL" instead of "from computer."

7) You will have copied the URL of your image from another site. Paste the URL into the centre bar by using your right click. Then click OK.

Other methods I use.

I often use another method which is very easy. I hover the mouse on any image I want, all over the internet and right-click-select "copy image address". Then I right-click paste the URL directly into my reply box. I don't use the "insert image" icon. Then I type image tags around the URL....so at the front I type this [IMG] and at the end I type this [/IMG] Then I just hit the post button.

I also use have an account on an image hosting web-site, which is photobucket. I can copy and paste my images directly from there, straight into the forum, using right-click-copy (copy the image URL) and then right-click-paste (into the reply box). The hosting site already puts the IMG tags around the URL for me when I post something from my collection.

Billie Jean Baby.jpg
    Thank you! I've never seen the one that say from your computer-I've never been able to do it. I see it on this response, but usually it just says URL. hmmm.

Achievements:
    1 year registeredThree FriendsOverdriveTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barbee0715 View Post
    Thank you! I've never seen the one that say from your computer-I've never been able to do it. I see it on this response, but usually it just says URL. hmmm.
    Really? I can definitely see "From computer" in mine. I actually loaded that image of Billie Jean Michael from my computer.

Usually, though, I use photobucket to load images from my own collection, because I have more on photobucket than I have on my computer.

When I want to upload images that aren't in my own collection, I use the right-click-copy image address method and type the IMG tags around the URL.

I actually find that it's quicker and the images tend to stay where I put them, rather than stay for awhile and then disappear later. Lol.
    ~Michael Jackson~

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Yea, I tested it again and the only place it gives me a computer option is when I respond to you in that one thread. ☹️
    I wanted to post the pix I took of the Pepsi display.
    You'd think if it's in one place, it would be in all of them. The little image icon is easy to use and I prefer that.

I've never used photobucket-is it free? I never had a need for a photo site like that.

Oh well, I just tried to add my pepsi picture I took with my camera here since it has the my computer tab, but Mjjc had a message that it wasn't a valid image anyway.
    Last edited by barbee0715; 10-06-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Yea, I tested it again and the only place it gives me a computer option is when I respond to you in that one thread. ☹️
    I wanted to post the pix I took of the Pepsi display.
    You'd think if it's in one place, it would be in all of them. The little image icon is easy to use and I prefer that.

I've never used photobucket-is it free? I never had a need for a photo site like that.
    That is so weird. I'm going to go and test it in a whole bunch of threads and see what I can see.

Yes, photobucket is free (I think) unless you boost it up to a pro account. I like having my images stored on a web-site like that, because it gives me a back-up, just in case my computer hard drive decides to die. I'm paranoid about losing everything, therefore I either don't store too much on my computer, or I back it up in several places. I have an external HD for back-up, plus I have all of the videos I've made saved on Youtube, as well as on DVD.
    ~Michael Jackson~

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    That is so weird. I'm going to go and test it in a whole bunch of threads and see what I can see.

Yes, photobucket is free (I think) unless you boost it up to a pro account. I like having my images stored on a web-site like that, because it gives me a back-up, just in case my computer hard drive decides to die. I'm paranoid about losing everything, therefore I either don't store too much on my computer, or I back it up in several places. I have an external HD for back-up, plus I have all of the videos I've made saved on Youtube, as well as on DVD.
    If you get this figured out, I'll hit you up on how to save videos on Youtube-besides signing on-I stare at my computer screen too much. Lol.

PSOh well, I just tried to add my pepsi picture I took with my camera here since it has the my computer tab, but Mjjc had a message that it wasn't a valid image anyway.
    Last edited by barbee0715; 10-06-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

If you get this figured out, I'll hit you up on how to save videos on Youtube-besides signing on-I stare at my computer screen too much. Lol.

PSOh well, I just tried to add my pepsi picture I took with my camera here since it has the my computer tab, but Mjjc had a message that it wasn't a valid image anyway.
    Okay, so all the other threads I tried, had the "From Computer" option there, but when I clicked on it to upload an image, a message box popped up and told me that the function had been disabled. Hurrrumph.

Looks as though people will just have to use the "From URL" option, or one of the other methods that I have outlined.

See this pic below? I grabbed it straight from a tweet, using this method:

Right-click-copy image address; right-click-paste; then I place it straight into the reply box and type the IMG tags on either end. This [IMG] goes at the front before the https, and this [/IMG] goes at the end, after jpg. It would probably also work to use "copy image address" and paste it into the "From URL" bar in the "insert image" function, but it's an extra step and does exactly the same thing that I can do more quickly and directly, myself, as I explained.

~Michael Jackson~

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post: