No plans for the release of Michael Jackson songs, says Bryan Loren

AppleHeaddd

Proud Member
http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/no-plans-for-the-release-of-michael-jackson-songs-says-bryan-loren/

The Times of Israel
Luka Neskovic

In a new announcement on his official website, singer-songwriter Bryan Loren, who worked closely with the King of Pop during the late 80’s and early 90’s, says he was astonished how music he created with Jackson continues to be pirated and bootlegged.

“Online”, he writes, “I have seen EBay auctions of my music. I am astonished that people so willingly attempt to profit from someone else’s life endeavors. For years, these bootlegged tracks that I wrote and created—which MJ’s Estate and Sony have made clear they have no plans to release–have been distributed illegally around the world. These tracks have become the pirated, global equivalent of multi-platinum hits in their own, unauthorized right”.

Do Michael Jackson Estate has any plans to release the material, I asked.

“I talked with the Estate”, Loren says, ”at the end of 2016 or so, and they made clear to me there was no plan to deal with it, or it probably wasn’t going to happen. There was another occasion where I decided maybe it’s time here to leave that, and let it go, but it keeps coming back to me -people keep coming to me about the songs and questions about them”.

LN: In one of the interviews you also said that you never got credit or compensation for much of the material that you have created with Michael?

BL: I’m saying that on tracks on all of those records, on Dangerous, on History, on Blood on the Dance Floor, not “Superfly Sister”, and on Invincible. On all of those records there’s the music that sounds like the tracks we worked on, and the tracks we worked on happened before any of the other work; happened before any of the Teddy Riley work, or any of the Rodney Jerkins work or any of the other work.

In particular, “Can’ Let Her Get Away”, is based on one my tracks clearly. I’ve played the original track for other people and they hear it. The whole beat – It was one of my tracks, and that guy worked on it after I left. And I didn’t hear it until I heard the Dangerous album. So, on the only tracks that I have heard while I was there on the project, when Teddy (Riley) first arrived were “Remember the Time” and “Jam”, and “Jam” started out not as a Teddy Riley track, but as a Bruce Swedien, Rene – I can’t remember his last name.

LN: Moore.

BL: Rene Moore. It was Bruce Swedien, Rene Moore track – “Jam”. And then Teddy came in and kind a enhance the beat, but yeah – “Can’t Let Her Get Away” didn’t exist yet, “Why You Wanna Trip On Me” didn’t exist yet – also it has elements from one of those tracks, rhythmic elements.

LN: Can you say like which track exactly?

BL: I’m saying a track that probably you haven’t heard. It’s a track that no one has heard, nobody has copies of it. You know what – it’s not really that nobody had copies of it. It’s that it doesn’t have vocals on it. See, you didn’t hear a lot of the tracks that leaked, or you haven’t heard a handful of the tracks that leaked, because they didn’t have vocals on them, and they’re not interesting to anybody if Michael is not sing on them. They don’t recognize what it is, but it is one of the tracks that leaked. I played it at a conference I did in Paris and I have seen everybody react right away, they have recognized the basic chord of the track.

You can hear that over the rest of the albums. You can hear it on Blood on the Dance Floor, on “Morphine”, I’m not sure, I have to look to see is there anything else, but certainly “Morphine”. And then on History, “D.S” is also based on one of those; it has elements from those tracks. See, some tracks actually contains multiple other tracks (laugh). But that’s what I had to live with, all of the time. The each time the record comes out I’m like: “Ok, so that came from this, that from this, hmm okay, alright” When I’m talking about entire songs, we’re talking about ideas – we’re talking about rhythms and beats and things that create – to become tracks, basically.

LN: On how many songs you have worked with Michael, in total that are not released?

BL: I don’t know, I can’t answer that. We probably did about twenty tracks all together, all of them didn’t leaked, and like I said some of them may have leaked, but they didn’t had vocals, so they didn’t circulate. Only the tracks that had vocals on are the ones that circulated.

LN: Do you have plans to release some new music?

BL: Yes, and I hope that fans of Michael that liked the material that we did together will check out what I’m gonna release on summer, late summer probably, towards the end of July or the beginning of August.

BL: Yes, and I hope that fans of Michael that liked the material that we did together will check out what I’m gonna release on summer, late summer probably, towards the end of July or the beginning of August.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully he's allowed by the Estate to stay true to his word. I would love to hear a new Mike demo from the Dangerous sessions
Fingers crossed like but I won't hold my breath on this admittedly
Edit Just realised I think he's talking about his own solo music

SmoothCriminal1995;4224190 said:

BL: Yes, and I hope that fans of Michael that liked the material that we did together will check out what I’m gonna release on summer, late summer probably, towards the end of July or the beginning of August.

Hopefully he's allowed by the Estate to stay true to his word. I would love to hear a new Mike demo from the Dangerous sessions
Fingers crossed like but I won't hold my breath on this admittedly
Edit Just realised I think he's talking about his own solo music[/QUOTE]

Even the solo stuff,carries an air of optimism though..
Maybe it will include the "smelly"vibe!

tenor.gif

Was this a surprise to anybody? Truly. I knew that once he started requesting money that it was a sham and he wouldn't release those songs if the price tag wasn't correct. Sure enough I was right.

Why is everybody acting like it's the first time they heard it. He talked about the exact same thing on ******.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm tired of his complaining. Why would anyone want his solo stuff when he, himself, said there was no interest unless it had Michael's vocals.
If he's that upset about compensation, sue the estate.

Well, I wouldn't know about leaked songs, but it seems like he is complaining about music he wrote that became other released songs after Teddy Riley came on board.
Maybe he wants a co-writer credit.

He can only get that from the estate.

Of course Estate wouldn't release songs that have no vocals. I can understand his complaints about the songs that sound like the ones he worked on. Maybe he deserves co-writing credit. I don't know.

Last edited:
He should stop complaining. He is only doing this for attention.

Why? The Estate had nothing to do with it. Every Bryan Loren song we have in full was leaked during Michael's lifetime.

Exactly. Someone said that Loren leaked them himself on his MySpace page, years ago.
I'm not sure if that's true though. I don't pay attention to whiny music producers. LOL.

Well, I wouldn't know about leaked songs, but it seems like he is complaining about music he wrote that became other released songs after Teddy Riley came on board. Maybe he wants a co-writer credit.

He can only get that from the estate.

I would think that he can only get writer's credit from Michael and that horse bolted, long ago. All of these producers/song writers should have sorted this sort of thing out with Michael, when he was alive (at the time that the work was being done) and get their contracts shored up, properly....rather than moan and complain and over-exaggerate the extent of their input, almost thirty years after the work and nine years after Michael has passed away. It's infuriating.

He should stop complaining. He is only doing this for attention.

I completely agree. He already showed his true colours, when he was asking to be paid by fans for his material and implying that he would leak more, if asked.
I don't even like most of the songs he has done with Michael, to be honest, so I can see why they were either never used, or were changed dramatically by someone else.

I completely agree. He already showed his true colours, when he was asking to be paid by fans for his material and implying that he would leak more, if asked.
I don't even like most of the songs he has done with Michael, to be honest, so I can see why they were either never used, or were changed dramatically by someone else.
I think wanting to be paid for your work is legit.
But I really don't care about his unreleased work with Michael, because the released work is not that good. And logic dictates that the best work has been released.

I think wanting to be paid for your work is legit.
But I really don't care about his unreleased work with Michael, because the released work is not that good. And logic dictates that the best work has been released.

You think that way? Imo Men in black would be fantastic. And it sounds like this guy has tracks that influenced dangerous a lot. Can't imagine how excited i would be if he released them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back