Producers You Wish Had Made Complete Albums With MJ

Zeus7

Proud Member
Hi guys, any thoughts? I loved Dr Freezes stuff and would kill for a full album, did they record more songs? What about Jam and Lewis, MJ wanted to work with them since Rythem Nation but only done a few songs, imagine a full album? Over to you for thoughts or wishes

Re: Producers you wished done full albums

Do you mean producers he worked with or any producer?

I was only thinking about this yesterday
I always wonder what a full new jack swing album with Teddy would have been like, pretty much the Teddy cuts on Dangerous plus Blood and Joy and a couple other tracks.

Great call on Dr Freeze. I love his work with Mike, it was never given enough credit. Break Of Dawn is one of the best cuts on Invincible, APWNN is pure magic and Blue Gangsta is one of Michael's great vocal performances. I can only imagine how good a 1998-2001 Dr Freeze produced RnB album would have been like

One thing I always wish we had gotten was a self produced Michael Jackson album, I'd be so intrigued to see what Mike could create solely. Especially when I think of the Bad album, that was almost completely solely written by him and I think (along with Dangerous) it's his most fascinating work.
Sometimes I do believe Michael's biggest downfall, as an artist, was not trusting in his talent enough. He was such an incredible and underrated songwriter

gosh there are so many people I wished he worked with, but of those he has worked with.. wishing he did a full album with them, id have to give that some good thought.. I have a couple in mind

I wish he worked with Timbaland when he alive. That was also the time when Timbaland was just churning out chart-topping hits one after one.

I am also a Beatles fan and I think George Martin's work on Say Say Say and The Man is impressive. I hope MJ, George and Paul can come together and make a duet album just like Paul and Elvis Costello's Flowers In The Dirt. (Starr and Harrison are welcomed too)
Additionally, I'd like to see MJ collaborated with Max Martin, Mark Ronson, RedOne, Junkie XL, Dr. Dre and The Neptunes.

Last edited:
Bill Bottrell. Together he and Michael produced Who Is It, Give Into Me, Earth Song and Black Or White. If they made a full album together that could have been fantastic

I think Pharrell Williams has a certain ingenuity in making music that appeals to everyone. Although he isn't always consistent, I think Michael would have created a good sound with him.
I could also imagine Michael with some popular DJ's, I am only saying this because Michael was the most versatile artist in history. Michael would make a hit with Pharrell, Avicii, Calvin Harris, Timbaland or Mark Ronson and it wouldn't matter about the quality of the production, the voice is that what matters. But I'd imagine thw production would be good, because they are/were good producers and Michael knew his music.

I occasionally think about how Invincible would've turned out if Timbaland was the main producer.

Personally I think a Pharrell/Neptunes produced album would have been amazing, it’s a shame Michael turned down those Justin Timberlake songs that were offered to him by Pharrell. Whenever the estate starts work on the next MJ album I would love Pharrell/Neptunes to get involved this time.

Bill Bottrell. Together he and Michael produced Who Is It, Give Into Me, Earth Song and Black Or White. If they made a full album together that could have been fantastic

Agreed, they done some amazing work together, according to Brad Sundberg there was a gentlemans agreement Bill would produce an album at some stage

You read my mind. Billy Bottrell all the way.

I believe that a complete MJ’s album made by just one producer (like Pharrell Williams, or Timbaland, or any other top producer) would not have been a good idea.

The reason is that it would have sounded very monotonous & unvaried (as it is the case with many current albums predominated by just one producer).

Take the ‘Dangerous’ album for example. If that album was only new jack swing, then musically it would have sounded very similar from beginning to end.

But the way MJ decided to make the ‘Dangerous’ album sound (different sounds from different genres) offers in the end musical diversity to the listener & this, in my opinion, constitutes a big part of that album’s timeless appeal.

Finally, MJ himself did not turn down those tracks submitted from Pharrell Williams during the ‘Invincible’ sessions (those that later ended up on Timberlake’s album). It was MJ’s management that turned down those tracks (as Pharrell Williams revealed in one of his interviews). As a matter of fact, MJ never had the chance to listen to those tracks during the ‘Invincible’ sessions.

mj_frenzy;4224379 said:
I believe that a complete MJ’s album made by just one producer (like Pharrell Williams, or Timbaland, or any other top producer) would not have been a good idea.

Like Thriller? Or Bad? Or Off the Wall? Yeah, terrible idea!

Mark Ronson
Pharrell Williams
Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis
Timbaland
Daft Punk
Ryan Leslie
Martin Garrix
Skrillex

Mark Ronson
Pharrell Williams
Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis
Timbaland
Daft Punk
Ryan Leslie
Martin Garrix
Skrillex

Martin Garrix and Skrillex are odd choices. It could've worked but idk mj needed producers that can make more organic sounds imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An all MJ produces album would be interesting.

Only MJ all the way.

a Timbaland produced album in 2007 would have smashed EVERYTHING.
i mean, timbaland was on fire during those years and MJ was the mastermind when it comes to music.

Xscape in 2014 gave a glimpse on what Timbaland and MJ would sound like together. but unfortunately timbo seemed planless on some songs (DYKWYCA was horrible).

a Timbaland produced album in 2007 would have smashed EVERYTHING.
i mean, timbaland was on fire during those years and MJ was the mastermind when it comes to music.

Xscape in 2014 gave a glimpse on what Timbaland and MJ would sound like together. but unfortunately timbo seemed planless on some songs (DYKWYCA was horrible).

I loved DYKWYCA, I still listen to it most days, I loved Xscape in general, more please..

I would be brave and state David Guetta and Mark Ronson..
They can add so much life and vitality,and be fresh and current.
Even just MJ samples would sound awesome.

I think OutKast's producers Organized Noize would be interesting, or maybe one of these:

Adrian Younge
The Roots
Ludwig Göransson
DJ Quik

mj_frenzy;4224379 said:

The reason is that it would have sounded very monotonous & unvaried (as it is the case with many current albums predominated by just one producer).
Older albums in general only had one producer or a production team (Gamble & Huff, HDH). Also a lot of popular albums today are full of features, usually by a rapper or DJ Khaled saying "We da best music!" over the songs. It's like the main artist is a guest on their own albums.

I meant producers that MJ actually worked with, who would have made an interesting full album?

Back