Glimpses & Flashes From This Is It

Dunk96

The Queen HBIC
So we've heard since the movie came out that before Light Man opened This Is It,there was a video montage of different documented events both with important world happenings (i.e. Royal Wedding,Barack Obama's election as president,etc.) along with clips of past MJ videos entitled "Glimpses and Flashes". But there's never really been a solid notion as to what the entire video would have included,other than the five second snippet shown at the beginning of the movie. There's never been any indication of what music and what video clips would have been used beyond what's already known. I'm fairly positive that the musical piece that Michael Bearden shared on MySpace back in the day was the introduction music for Light Man and had nothing to do with the Glimpses & Flashes montage prior to the Light Man section of the opening of the concert. What would you hypothesize the opening being within a two-minute timeframe? I was thinking it would have been an extended version of the HIStory song opening & closing with all the different audio clips from world events but with a visual added to it. But at this juncture it's all hypothesis and nothing concrete,unless there was a way to get in touch with someone who worked on the show and ask them what it would have included.

I was wondering the same, few years ago, I accidentally stumbled upon one of impersonators videos and there it was, at least I think....what would be the real Glimpses and Flashes video. It is weird that no one else has this, but this Japanese guy. I tried to contact the group over e-mail also, but never got the answer back. Here is the mentioned video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7NfLbxnhME

That is weird... How come he's the only one who has it??? We may never knowwww :p

I was wondering the same, few years ago, I accidentally stumbled upon one of impersonators videos and there it was, at least I think....what would be the real Glimpses and Flashes video. It is weird that no one else has this, but this Japanese guy. I tried to contact the group over e-mail also, but never got the answer back. Here is the mentioned video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7NfLbxnhME

He could have made it by himself. That one part is from the movie and he added other clips to it.

I Think it was a very well made fan made intro,also i bet he used the small audio intro taken from the movie.
Sadly we won't going to see it full or the rest of the Dome procjets,unless someone get's a nice contact with any of the visual guys from the tour.
or guys from Stimulated inc.They posted old short snippets of the backdrops years ago.now i can't find them,only the baroque scenic (for IJCSLY)
that was leaked to youtube.
and a full version of thriller 3D video in Dump quality.(not the movie DVD release).

Wow, people were screaming "Michael!" at the impersonator...

I did my own version of this intro,but instead of focusing on world events like the original one would have depicted,I went to Lotfai's Natural Born King short film that he presented to Michael to showcase at the 2008 NRJ Award ceremony for Thriller 25. I used that coupled with the Light Man piece by Michael Bearden,as well as a space wormhole video effect and the Brace Yourself ending. I'm not sure if I'd want to upload this online since I didn't do anything absolutely revolutionary with the editing,just taking pre-existing clips and making them one cohesive piece.

Back