25th Anniversary of "Will You Be There"

Sneha888

Proud Member
Today is the 25th anniversary of the michael jackson song will you be there ????????

Re: 25th anniversary of will you be there

On of the best songs made by any artist ever. The song has it all...

And to hear it after the trials and all the tribulations MJ had to go through...

Song is written years before - like MJ knew or foresaw what was coming... Sad - very emotionel song.

One of my favourite songs by anyone. What a masterpiece track this is on every level

I always feel a sea of happiness wash over me when I hear this song, it just lifts me up and makes me feel great.
This song means so much to me and not just cause my surname name is Jordan :D

One of my favourite songs by anyone. What a masterpiece track this is on every level

I always feel a sea of happiness wash over me when I hear this song, it just lifts me up and makes me feel great.
This song means so much to me and not just cause my surname name is Jordan :D

Same as my first name.

This song is a true master piece :heart: The choir at the begining, his utterly perfect voice, the lyrics AND his words at the end.............. *love sigh* One of his very best songs :wub:

The perfect "lift me up" song. Strong and beautiful lyrics and a video to match.

"I'll never let you part/ for you're always in my heart" is the phrase that always come to mind, when thinking of Michael :heart:

One of my all time favorite songs. My ultimate feel good song.

I agree, it's one of the greats!

There was actually a time when I couldn't listen to the song without feeling emotional, it's so uplifting.

~ But they told me
A man should be faithful
And walk when not able
And fight 'til the end
But I'm only Human ~​

(My favourite part :heart::heart::heart:)

One of the best songs made by any artist ever. The song has it all...

And to hear it after the trials and all the tribulations MJ had to go through...

Song is written years before - like MJ knew or foresaw what was coming... Sad - very emotionel song.

There is an eerie, prophetic dimension to this song, isn't there? What a shame Michael's tunes couldn't also provide the template for a much brighter reality. It seems as though only his darkest fears became true........

?T?;4225454 said:
~ But they told me
A man should be faithful
And walk when not able
And fight 'til the end
But I'm only Human ~​

(My favourite part :heart::heart::heart:)

That has got to be my favorite part as well, the highlight of the song for me, that part together with the line when wrong, will you scold me? A line which is rather unexpected in a song with lyrics seemingly smacking of self-absorption & bordering on the emotional blackmail side perhaps a bit too much. Had no idea that both of these parts were included in the NAACP 93 awards.

I just saw this^^^ for the very first time; took me only a quarter of century. Better late never, I suppose. Thanks for posting, analogue.

Make no mistake about it, WYBT is one of Michael's greatest compositions. It is a complete masterpiece and, same as all great art, it can be relevant not just for the man himself, but it can become essential for others as well. It may have been breaking news to many that Michael Jackson belongs to the human race, but who doesn't need someone to be there for them in their darkest hour, their trials and tribulations AND in their joy, TO BE their best of surreal joy?

Everyone who has been through intense struggles, especially spiritual people called to unwavering faith in the face of inhumane confusion and extreme adversity, surely they can relate to what Michael was singing about in that bridge. We are supposed to be faithful & hopeful and always carry on, but at times we are faced with crippling circumstances which are well beyond our control and we cannot help but falter and fall under the huge burden overwhelming us.

Earlier tonight I was reminded of the instrumental version of the song, which I love sooo very, very much.

And since I mentioned that highly mature line about caring enough to scold I think ?T?'s siggy fits quite right with those words lol I'm pretty sure I've used it myself once or twice over years. It's sooo good that it begs re-posting though :D

9f1af4b813ee694734265f8e9a4269a0.gif

Last edited:
Back