Madonna on Michael

Zeus7

Proud Member
Madonna has been doing some serious Michael worship lately, from yesterdays Instagram posts from the London exhibit, regular pics of them together and even a pic showing she sleeps on a pillow he has autographed. I remember an interview from a long time ago asking who she admired, after being REALLY pressed she said MJ and obviously the MTV speech after he passed but did I miss something re how big a fan she was during 80s 90s and 00s?

*not bashing her by the way, fans united

No you didn't miss anything. I'm positive she did an interview telling him to get rid of the fedora and white socks. This 'post death' appreciation is pathetic, but she is not the only one.

Didn't she try to seduce Michael into having sex with her? Michael even called her a witch. He obviously didn't like her as she obviously didn't treat him right, when they spend time together in the early 90s. I'm not buying this fake love she has been showing Michael since his death.

Last edited:
And she herself acknowledged the turnaround in the VMA speech.

It might have cleared her conscience and even redeemed her, but it sure did not help Michael when he needed a friend the most. Hopefully her speech put many people in the industry to shame. I doubt it.

I always found the MTV VMA speech she gave... odd. Some parts were really well done, but so much of it was self-serving when she referenced back to herself so much. Especially when she mentioned about how "she knows what it's like to walk down the street and feel the whole world is against you." To me, that so belittles what Michael had to endure, which she, and virtually no other celebrity, had to go through.

I always found the MTV VMA speech she gave... odd. Some parts were really well done, but so much of it was self-serving when she referenced back to herself so much. Especially when she mentioned about how "she knows what it's like to walk down the street and feel the whole world is against you." To me, that so belittles what Michael had to endure, which she, and virtually no other celebrity, had to go through.

Having been raped at 19 years old?
I don't think we can judge on what that does to a person

Having been raped at 19 years old?
I don't think we can judge on what that does to a person

What? At the VMA speech she talks about "the witch hunt" that began after they had their brief fling in the early 90s about the stories that began coming out about Michael and compared that to her dealings with the press. I was simply juxtaposing them to say Madonna being scandalous and the media going at her was different to the media making Mike into a literal monster.

Madonna has always loved Michael and she no doubt misses him from the world, in the same way that each and every one of us does. I won't criticise her, diminish her feelings, or right to express them, just because Michael voiced some distrust of her character, or her motives. I just think she was too brash and too forward for there to be a deep long-lasting relationship between them, but there definitely was a spark of romantic interest there on both sides, in my opinion. I admire Madonna's strength and her courage under fire, throughout her entire career. She has always been brutally honest, independent and true to herself and has forged her own way as a true entertainment icon. Her VMA speech was a tribute to Michael, spoken from her own point of view - it was beautiful and truthful.

And she herself acknowledged the turnaround in the VMA speech.

"We abandoned him, I abandoned him" speak for yourself Madonna, I never abandoned him, Im grateful for Madonnas support of MJ I just wish she pushed it when he was here and under fire given how outspoken she is

"We abandoned him, I abandoned him" speak for yourself Madonna, I never abandoned him, Im grateful for Madonnas support of MJ I just wish she pushed it when he was here and under fire given how outspoken she is

That's True,but I feel that all the support,wouldn't have stopped him from doing what he did.

"We" is referring to the celebs who could get close..

3 months after the man was dead and gone. Too little far too late.

Well she explains that "sometimes we have to lose someone to truly appreciate them".

She's saying that his death changed prompted a re-evaulation/turnaround. She couldn't acknowledge it any earlier, that being the case.

"We abandoned him, I abandoned him" speak for yourself Madonna

She was right to use this phrasing, I think. The world's most beloved child/adult had become a target of ridicule and in some cases, far far worse. She's speaking in a very general sense clearly but I think on the whole it paints the right sort of picture. Clearly, we, the fans, are not included in this.

Madonna has always loved Michael and she no doubt misses him from the world, in the same way that each and every one of us does. I won't criticise her, diminish her feelings, or right to express them, just because Michael voiced some distrust of her character, or her motives. I just think she was too brash and too forward for there to be a deep long-lasting relationship between them, but there definitely was a spark of romantic interest there on both sides, in my opinion. I admire Madonna's strength and her courage under fire, throughout her entire career. She has always been brutally honest, independent and true to herself and has forged her own way as a true entertainment icon. Her VMA speech was a tribute to Michael, spoken from her own point of view - it was beautiful and truthful.

(y) let her stan for MJ ;)

DhnlN0EXkAExsIi.jpg

People make mistakes.. When they come around - it should be with acceptance with open arms.. We've all done things we're not proud of, imagine for those things when you 'grew' from it - you were never forgiven and always thought of that 'type' of person..

Yeah I wish she was there when Michael was struggling, but honestly we support people that had much more power to help and did nothing...

I've always liked Madonna. I've not been a fan of some of her actions. She has sometimes been too wild. But's its that attitude and hard-work that probably got much of her success.

I do feel sorry for how she has become a target for bashing in the media. And it disgusts me how Elton John constantly insults and belittles Madonna in the media.

People do forget that she might be the most successful woman in the industry.

She might of rubbed Michael the wrong way. But I do think she regrets her actions. She probably didn't understand Michael. In some ways they are polar opposites of each other. Madonna is super extroverted and Michael is mega introverted.

I do think she is genuine in her support of Michael. Like other celebrities, has regret for not supporting him when he needed it most.

I think Madonna was always very jealous of Michael - especially during the 80's and early 90's - because she never got as big as him. Don't get me wrong, Madonna is huge, but she's not Michael Jackson huge. Really, nobody has ever really been able to compete with Michael Jackson, except for The Beatles (as a group.)

Madonna might be mellowing out with age, but she was really nasty to him when Michael was alive, and I have a hard time believing that she has really changed. I don't think it was ever a disrespect of Michael's art, but a disrespect of Michael as a person.

Despite Madonna's disrespect of Michael, I have always liked her music. Especially from her debut up to 2000's "Music" album.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&#127794; THROUGH THE TREES &#127794; <a href="https://t.co/EkrDUolSjT">pic.twitter.com/EkrDUolSjT</a></p>&mdash; Liam McEwan (@LiamMcEwan) <a href="https://twitter.com/LiamMcEwan/status/1020501276683980800?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">21. Juli 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There could have been some jealousy of the fact she couldn't habe him.. she is a woman that got men, shes beem with some.high profile men and she was known to be a seductive woman.. she couldn't seduce him and I think she was bitter than she could not concur him..

But I think she always appreciated him as a person and artist.. just had bitterness that he would never fall for her and that he got fame that she couldn't. He was THE man the concur in every way in her head and for a woman in her position and status..

I don't harbor bad feelings towards her over it today though

Back