Live At Wembley 30 Years ago Today

SmoothCriminal1995

Proud Member
Hey guys, I just noticed the date and I wanted to acknowledge it was 30 years ago today MJ performed at Wembley, thee concert being the one released with BAD 25.
I loved it. This is what I as a fan, waited for and wanted most out of everything to see my hero live and at his absolute peak (in my opinion)
My memories of it, were my girlfriend bought me the DVD to cheer me up. The day before I had just torn my hamstring playing for my football team, I was going to be out injured for 2 months minimum and I was crushed. So knowing me like she does, she posted a parcel through my letterbox first thing in the morning of the release with a note attached saying "this will make you smile", so I opened the parcel got the DVD and watched it without the excitement I should have but as soon as I saw Mike, I forgot all about my problems and I was engrossed in the two hour masterpiece of a concert. One of my favourite moments, is the huge smile he gave during I'll Be There, because it just made me feel happy to know he brought people including me watching 25 years later.

I can't fault nothing about this concert, his energy is astounding, his live vocals are flawless and his dancing was incredible.
The stand out moments for me, were,
Human Nature, the vocals, the way he performs it how loud the crowd are
Rock With You, that intro is perfect and the performance is so free and happy, a surprising highlight of the show for me
Dirty Diana was brilliant, shame the camera cut away at the spin but still
Smooth Criminal, my favourite track, incredible to finally see it live on the Bad tour, those live adlibs are killer
Billie Jean, incredible, loved the live vocals, and the moonwalk was so smooth
Man In The Mirror, Mike took us to church on this, just stunning

The whole show was highlight and to me there are no bad (pardon the pun) moments, honestly it's a pleasure to watch the best entertainer to ever live at his peak.

So what your feelings on the concert? No talk of the visual quality by the way :rofl
Let's celebrate this amazing concert, thank you to the Estate for releasing it by the way

Best officially released MJ concert. I never get tired of watching it and listening to the CD.

The second best Mj concert imo. (Aside the quality.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m watching it tonight.

Here’s my piece to commemorate that day.

pop_and_p_y_t__girls_concert_v1_by_prince_of_pop-dch3x5f.jpg

Anyways, I’m so happy when I got it as part of the Bad 25 Deluxe Collectors Edition just in time for my 26th birthday and watched it on my portable Blu-Ray player (which is not working anymore now) and that’s basically one of the very concerts I wanted released. I loved every moment of it and I often watched it for my Michael Jackson Anime Night along with random anime.

Last edited:
Another Part Of Me is one of MJ's best live moments throughout his entire career.

Best officially released MJ concert. I never get tired of watching it and listening to the CD.

Totally agree. I watched it again yesterday after work, I don't want to say I forgot but I was reminded how amazing the show was. Getting the live CD was a real treat

Another Part Of Me is one of MJ's best live moments throughout his entire career.

Definitely!! He just had so much swagger, he is strutting round the stage as if to say I know I'm the man. Mike and the band really found their groove with the live version

I was lucky to have picked up the last copy they had in stock at the time. Best Live release IMO. Despite the lacking quality, Mjs performance overshadows that somewhat. Since it was nearly unedited I think that's what makes it better than the Bucharest DVD. Seeing the second leg completely in Pro was great. Wembley and Toronto stand out for me.

Definitely. The live version of Another Part Of Me is MJ at his absolute peak as a performer. I prefer it over the album version. A shame he never performed it again after the Bad Tour. I wish Michael would sometimes do surprise one-off songs on his shows, like other artists do. He would always stick to the same setlist throughout the entire duration of the tour. Imagine Michael performing APOM during the Dangerous Tour. That's one criticism I have of him, that he was very rigid with his setlist.

Best concert release. I hope they will release more Bad Tour concerts and in better quality.

Best concert release. I hope they will release more Bad Tour concerts and in better quality.

If the only way for us to get BAD Tour 88/89 in better quality is by editing different shows together, then so be it.

I prefer the Dangerous Tour for several reasons but the Bad live CD is so cool to have. I remember being so excited to watch the show when it came out.

I liked this story, thanks for sharing.

Despite the quality, it is indeed one of the best things the Estate has given us.

Back