[NEW] Limited edition picture disc vinyl box set

dam2040

Proud Member
MJs albums being re-released for his 60th birthday in a picture disc vinyl box set. Cool if you don’t have them already I guess.

Price is 175 dollars or £190 for the UK fans

http://www.shopmichaeljackson.com/product/Y4LPMJ016/the-picture-disc-collection

(No idea why Invincible is blue either)

Can also be bought separately for £30 and £55 for the double discs. MJ vinyls getting properly re-released would be awesome!

Last edited:
Would probably need to get some feedback on how they sound before I would even consider buying this haha. Probably just the CD masters thrown on some vinyl. Although the presentation is very nice.

I've bought it so will post pics etc when it arrives!

Picture discs are known to usually have less audio quality compared to a regular pressing.

I recently purchased some 2012-2014 vinyl pressings. They sound absolutely wonderful. Had to return one though (Dangerous), since it had pressing errors/skipping tracks/bad quality.. the new package was perfect.

I'm estimating roughly £50 in customs fees to get this to the UK. Would I be right in saying that?

ChrisC;4226412 said:
I'm estimating roughly £50 in customs fees to get this to the UK. Would I be right in saying that?

Didn’t even think of that. Flat fee is about a tenner, then they make it up from there. could be 50, could be 30

dam2040;4226419 said:
Didn’t even think of that. Flat fee is about a tenner, then they make it up from there. could be 50, could be 30

It's a percentage of the overall value of the product with the shipping. As much as 20% I believe. Plus the flat fee you mentioned.

However does the MJ Shop have a UK base as well? It would seem maybe...trying to find out at the moment.
Edit: it would appear that it IS UK based if ordering through the Sandbag site but I've contacted them to confirm.

Last edited:
9 LPs for $175? That's honestly a FANTASTIC asking price. Two thumbs up.

History??!? Hell yes this is GREAT news!!

A rare example of the HIStory album being released with only the new songs. Perhaps the first time it's been commercially available in either the US or the UK?

A rare example of the HIStory album being released with only the new songs. Perhaps the first time it's been commercially available in either the US or the UK?

I bought the second disc only in a music shop a few years ago I think Sony made a CD of it

I bought the second disc only in a music shop a few years ago I think Sony made a CD of it

They did for both the Spanish and Italian markets. And possibly a handful of other territories. But I do not believe in the UK.

ChrisC;4226431 said:
They did for both the Spanish and Italian markets. And possibly a handful of other territories. But I do not believe in the UK.

I got it from head in the UK silver disc it was. I’ll try and take a picture mate

dam2040;4226434 said:
I got it from head in the UK silver disc it was. I’ll try and take a picture mate

Yeah id like to know the catalogue or barcode because I've never seen it.

The edition I own is silver disc but its from Spain. Was included in a box set released there in 2011 I believe.

ChrisC;4226437 said:
Yeah id like to know the catalogue or barcode because I've never seen it.

The edition I own is silver disc but its from Spain. Was included in a box set released there in 2011 I believe.

I’ll try and dig it out and let you know

Edit yeah looks like the Italian thing. There’s no barcode on it and it’s got a little red box in the bottom corner on the front.

Last edited:
TheGloveR6;4226441 said:
Bad Album without Leave me alone?!!!!

Leave me alone was on the CD not the vinyl I guess that’s why they’ve done it

dam2040;4226442 said:
Leave me alone was on the CD not the vinyl I guess that’s why they’ve done it

Pretty stupid reason imo. It's a part of the album at this point.

dam2040;4226402 said:
MJs albums being re-released for his 60th birthday in a picture disc vinyl box set. Cool if you don’t have them already I guess.

(No idea why Invincible is blue either)

MJ vinyls getting properly re-released would be awesome!

Well, Invincible was released in five different colours on CD and the colours were allocated, according to the country the CD was released in, I think. Australia's colour was silver/white, for example, but the other colours could be purchased from different countries. I purchased my blue Invincible CD from the UK and my green, red and orange CDs came from other countries, via e-bay, as well.

So, I'm guessing that this vinyl boxed set release might have different colours for the Invincible vinyl, depending on the country it's released in. There's an orange one in the promotional pics, as well as blue.

AlwaysThere;4226424 said:
9 LPs for $175? That's honestly a FANTASTIC asking price. Two thumbs up.

It's 6 LPs isn't it....not 9??

I agree that it's a good price....especially for vinyl enthusiasts/collectors. It looks as though it will be beautifully packaged and presented.

Well, Invincible was released in five different colours on CD and the colours were allocated, according to the country the CD was released in, I think. Australia's colour was silver/white, for example, but the other colours could be purchased from different countries. I purchased my blue Invincible CD from the UK and my green, red and orange CDs came from other countries, via e-bay, as well.

So, I'm guessing that this vinyl boxed set release might have different colours for the Invincible vinyl, depending on the country it's released in. There's an orange one in the promotional pics, as well as blue.

I agree that it's a good price....especially for vinyl enthusiasts/collectors. It looks as though it will be beautifully packaged and presented.

Dangerous, HIStory and Invincible all have 2 discs a piece.

I was outside Woolworths before they opened and still have the receipt for all 5 copies. Invincible main colour is silver is what I meant. I guess across the 4 sides they will use all the colours (missing one obviously)

Mikky Dee;4226452 said:

To the best of my knowledge, there were no geographical criteria about the 5 different colors of the ‘Invincible’ album.

As a matter of fact, the four colors (blue, green, red, orange) were released everywhere in 2001, but for a limited period of time & in fewer copies than the original silver one.

Besides, there were pictures & videos of music stores from around the world that had at that time all those five colors on their shelves.

mj_frenzy;4226478 said:
To the best of my knowledge, there were no geographical criteria about the 5 different colors of the ‘Invincible’ album.

As a matter of fact, the four colors (blue, green, red, orange) were released everywhere in 2001, but for a limited period of time & in fewer copies than the original silver one.

Besides, there were pictures & videos of music stores from around the world that had at that time all those five colors on their shelves.

Yeah this is true.

The box set is only $5 cheaper than buying all the picture discs separately. I would expect a better price than that.

Back