Which Michael's songs have the most potential to be performed live?

MJNTJ

Proud Member
According to the opinion of each one ...
Which songs of Michael have more potential or would you like to see them live on a some tour?
Songs that were never performed live, according to their rhythm, style, etc ...

In my opinion:
- At the vocal level and for his message, I would like to see "Keep The Faith" in the Dangerous or This Is It Tour.
- 2 Bad in the HWT or Threatened in some show for its choreography, if it is a good set design with that thematic.

29dbc10f4eccbb1949feaddccc5f372c.jpg

Heartbreaker. It could have been a modern version of Wanna Be Starting Something in terms of performance.

I've always felt Give In To Me could have been the Dirty Diana of the Dangerous Tour

Same with Keep The Faith being the Man In The Mirror of the tour, but MITM was such a hit for Mike, he had to perform it. Plus we got huge spins from it so I ain't mad

SmoothCriminal1995;4226640 said:
I've always felt Give In To Me could have been the Dirty Diana of the Dangerous Tour

Same with Keep The Faith being the Man In The Mirror of the tour, but MITM was such a hit for Mike, he had to perform it. Plus we got huge spins from it so I ain't mad

Now that I think about it, I’m sure MJ could have incorporated those spins in Keep the Faith

Themidwestcowboy;4226676 said:
Now that I think about it, I’m sure MJ could have incorporated those spins in Keep the Faith

Ohh yeaah!!! that would have been a good "adaptation"

I think that Unbreakable could’ve been a great song to kick off an Invincible tour concert

For Dangerous tour anyway, doing Heal the World, Will You Be There, Man in the Mirror, AND Keep the faith would have been a bit too much (as they are all sort of in the same sort of tone musically or lyrically).

And since KTF wasn't a single, it was the one that would have been cut out of all of those. But yes, it would have been great to hear live.

I think Liberian Girl would have been great with the backup singers harmonizing together. My favorite part of the song is the final chorus. The backing vocals he does are soooo good. I think with the backup singers would have made that one real special live.

Just Good Friends when Stevie came out in Sydney
obvious one Remember the Time.

I feel like MJs setlists were great. I had a hard time thinking of songs he released that would've worked in capacity with his tours. He picked the best songs I feel.

It always struck me as a bit strange why MJ performed only four songs (from the ‘Dangerous’ album) during the Dangerous Tour.

Especially if we think that there were also other songs from the ‘Dangerous’ album that had the potential for being performed live during that tour.

One of the them is ‘Remember The Time’, which would have looked visually stunning. It was even rehearsed but eventually was cut off from the set list due to technical/costumes problems.

‘Give In To Me’ is another one & it would have been the rock equivalent to ‘Dirty Diana’ from the BAD Tour.

But, ‘Keep The Faith’ would have been a bit superfluous (during the Dangerous Tour) because it has a very similar, spiritual tone with ‘Will You Be There’.

Finally, ‘Threatened’, in my opinion, has the most potential (from all the up-tempo tracks from the ‘Invincible’ album) & it would have been a good choice if the entire song (& not just a segment of it) was performed live during the This Is It Tour.

As much as I love the Dangerous Tour I always feel it missed an opportunity in Remember The Time, that could have been a highlight of the tour

The 92 leg always felt it had one song missing to me whether it was, Give In To Me, RTT or Rock With You, just after the J5 medley. Thankfully we have the rehearsals and can see Michael felt the same. Maybe if it was due to time, they could have cut WDAN down a bit or taken the ending off of Beat It, or even trim Heal The World a little

I feel like MJs setlists were great. I had a hard time thinking of songs he released that would've worked in capacity with his tours. He picked the best songs I feel.

I don't agree. I feel like his set lists were good but too predicable. His set lists were quite rigid. He hardly performed his lesser known songs. He never did a surprise one off song. Imagine Michael performing Keep The Faith just once at some Dangerous tour concert. That would have been epic. But he never did that sadly. That's why I don't really care much about future concert releases/leaks. Because the set list is the same as very other show from the tour with no surprise editions.

That's why I don't really care much about future concert releases/leaks. Because the set list is the same as very other show from the tour with no surprise editions.

Oh really? Please tell me where to find a full Destiny concert with OTW, RWY and DSTYGE. Oh and also a full Triumph concert including WDAN and DSTYG AND Shake Your Body.

These performances were different on those concerts. Are you really comparing those to the OTW Medley performed on the History tour? lol

Oh really? Please tell me where to find a full Destiny concert with OTW, RWY and DSTYGE. Oh and also a full Triumph concert including WDAN and DSTYG AND Shake Your Body.

These performances were different on those concerts. Are you really comparing those to the OTW Medley performed on the History tour? lol

Jam bro. I was referring to Bad, Dangerous and History tours.

Last edited:
I don't agree. I feel like his set lists were good but too predicable. His set lists were quite rigid. He hardly performed his lesser known songs. He never did a surprise one off song. Imagine Michael performing Keep The Faith just once at some Dangerous tour concert. That would have been epic. But he never did that sadly. That's why I don't really care much about future concert releases/leaks. Because the set list is the same as very other show from the tour with no surprise editions.

That's true... The surprises not was usual, but the unique concert that have "surprise" is Smile, performed live in Ostend.
Ahh!, and the instrumental version of In the Closet in the Dangerous Tour on Toulouse 1992, or the change of jacket in "Thriller" in Amsterdam 1996, a very strange one, and also the red version in Bucharest 1996, but I do not know if it counts.

I don't remember other changes on the setlist.

The other alterations on the setlist was have already been leaked.
- The Way You Make Me Feel/ Bad, DWT 1992.
- Dangerous, DWT 1993.

(Changes / alterations in the HWT)
- Off The Wall Medley, HWT 1996.
- Come Together/ DS, HWT 1996.
- Blood On The Dance Floor, HWT 1997. (I'm waiting for the version with red sack)

Imagine him performing these two songs live

Can't Let Her Get Away
[youtube]CJHuzbNIv28[/youtube]

State Of Shock
[youtube]y3967ViUtMA[/youtube]

Oh, 'surprises' would have been cool but I think that's what made Michael's concerts so amazing. His performance was so refined and so spot on it's almost inhuman. That level of polish and refinement doesn't come from constant setlist changes. Certain songs would have been great, sure, but I think Michael knew that he was more than a 'fan act'. When Michael Jackson toured, EVERYONE wanted tickets. I remember This is It being an example. Even my own family members who take any chance to bring him down were desperate to get tickets. He gave everyone what they wanted.

Just Good Friends when Stevie came out in Sydney
obvious one Remember the Time.

They never sang that one... they sang 'BAD'. Go check out the full amateur audio, enjoy! :D

Say Say Say with Paul Mccartney could have been a lot of fun.

Liberian Girl would have sounded beautiful. I honestly would have prefered this over IJCSLY

A full performance of They Don't Care About Us would have been fantastic. That song deserved so much more than to be part of a melody of other songs

I really don't like when the Jacksons perform Michael Jackson songs.. they have enough material to perform that they actually took part in to never touch Michaels solo work.. And if Jermain (or other Jacksons) solo material isn't enough to get an audience, than there is no need to tour..

It's sad that Michaels own Brothers come off as a cover band! sorry..

Liberian Girl would have sounded beautiful. I honestly would have prefered this over IJCSLY [/QUOTE]

This!! If Michael would have sung Liberian Girl live instead of IJCSLY some nights, the Bad Tour would have been perfect

I really want to know, what the hell was up with the live performance of D.S with the people in gimp masks? I'm really glad it was replaced with BOTDF on the 97 leg of that tour.

I really wish Michael had replaced Thriller with Ghosts for the second leg of the History tour. Thriller live performances had gone stale by that point and I would have loved to have seen him do Ghosts live. I think Ghosts performances would have been far better than Thriller's performances.

PYT would have been great too. I could imagine the crowd singing with Michael, as he sings "pretty young things repeat after me, say na na na na na na." That would have been so cool.

Who Is It live would have been a heavenly performance. I could imagine Michael sitting on a stool, while performing the song, with a spotlight focused on him. A shame he never considered doing Who Is It live despite the popularity of the song among the fanbase. Did he even know how much his fans love that song?

A full version of Scream with Janet would have been nice. I wonder why they never performed it at the VMA awards in 95. Scream won some awards that night and both Michael and Janet attended the show. In fact, Michael even performed at the show. Why couldn't they have performed Scream? That was such a missed opportunity.

you guys have to remember...how well does the song actually translates live. sonically/visually. Who is it would have had to have been play back and I don't think "Cant Let Her Get Away' would translate well live sonically

On some shows I wish Michael would have replaced I'll Be There with One Day In Your Life

I really wish Michael had replaced Thriller with Ghosts for the second leg of the History tour. Thriller live performances had gone stale by that point and I would have loved to have seen him do Ghosts live. I think Ghosts performances would have been far better than Thriller's performances.

PYT would have been great too. I could imagine the crowd singing with Michael, as he sings "pretty young things repeat after me, say na na na na na na." That would have been so cool.

Who Is It live would have been a heavenly performance. I could imagine Michael sitting on a stool, while performing the song, with a spotlight focused on him. A shame he never considered doing Who Is It live despite the popularity of the song among the fanbase. Did he even know how much his fans love that song?

A full version of Scream with Janet would have been nice. I wonder why they never performed it at the VMA awards in 95. Scream won some awards that night and both Michael and Janet attended the show. In fact, Michael even performed at the show. Why couldn't they have performed Scream? That was such a missed opportunity.

Man!, that idea is so amazing!!!, really I agree with you, totally.

Back