Michael Jackson's "Ghosts" Released on Amazon Prime

michaelsson

Proud Member
I didn't see this posted but uhhh...are you guys aware that ghost is available to stream and purchase on prime? Its so random lol. just thought i'd share

Where? I can't find it.

I've spoken to amazon and requested it be on UK prime.

Last edited:
It's NOT remastered and NOT HD either, just an upscale.

It's NOT remastered and NOT HD either, just an upscale.

So how does it compare with the versions we already have?

Edit: and would I be right in saying Amazon Prime does not stream surround sound?

What's the point to show an old master from the VHS era if they are working on the restoration ? lol

same version same quality we already have. Not sure whats with he random amazon prime drop but hey lol

That's pretty cool.. Even if a few people learn about it by stumbling on it!! that's a good thing to have on there..

Agree..it's amazing on how many people have never seen it.

It hasn't been promoted as well as Thriller, and it was on an album that wasn't one of the more popular ones. I think that's why.

I think Ghosts is vastly superior to Thriller (music video), but I saw it when it aired. Many people moved on or are too young to remember Michael Jackson in 1996.

Ghosts never got much exposure in the USA. It was shown in only 10 movie theaters across the USA for a period of only one week. It was shown on VH1 during Halloween one year. I think that's all we ever got in the USA. I was lucky enough to see it when it was in the movie theater.

Ghosts never got much exposure in the USA. It was shown in only 10 movie theaters across the USA for a period of only one week. It was shown on VH1 during Halloween one year. I think that's all we ever got in the USA. I was lucky enough to see it when it was in the movie theater.

I bet that was an incredible experience.

This is another one of those things like happened with Visionary. Why do these half-measures? Why put out sub-standard quality? If they haven't remastered it yet, there is no point releasing it.
Yes, I get it, new audience, many haven't seen it. But given the choice, I'd rather have those people see a remastered version with at least passable image quality. Top notch quality in everything Michael did - that's one of the things I really liked and respected in him. And yes, there were things like Visionary and the BOTDF album while he was still around. But those were exceptions. The rule was: always superb quality in everything he did.
With what has been happening since his passing, it's the other way around. Mostly sub-par, with very few exceptions.
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. And releasing this without remastering it is not right. Ghosts was an incredible film. I sat there with my mouth open when I saw the world premiere. It was outstanding. And that is how it should be seen today. Not a laser disc or VHS copy.

Does anybody have a screenshot from the Amazon Prime version?

Last edited:
This is another one of those things like happened with Visionary. Why do these half-measures? Why put out sub-standard quality? If they haven't remastered it yet, there is no point releasing it.
Yes, I get it, new audience, many haven't seen it. But given the choice, I'd rather have those people see a remastered version with at least passable image quality. Top notch quality in everything Michael did - that's one of the things I really liked and respected in him. And yes, there were things like Visionary and the BOTDF album while he was still around. But those were exceptions. The rule was: always superb quality in everything he did.
With what has been happening since his passing, it's the other way around. Mostly sub-par, with very few exceptions.
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. And releasing this without remastering it is not right. Ghosts was an incredible film. I sat there with my mouth open when I saw the world premiere. It was outstanding. And that is how it should be seen today. Not a laser disc or VHS copy.

Are you getting Vision and Visionary mixed up? Visionary was a great box set. BOTDF was great too. MJs contract needed a remix album - so he did the best one I've ever seen!

Ghosts may be Michael's most underrated project.. the level of quality is so overlooked.. I love the metaphoric meaning behind the story and how biographical it is to Michael's life.. the song is it scary alone (to me) is Michael's most autobiographical song - though he stated childhood is.

The dance quality. Story telling, costume, set design... this should really be a Halloween staple every year.. music tv channels should play it every year.

Ghosts may be Michael's most underrated project.. the level of quality is so overlooked.. I love the metaphoric meaning behind the story and how biographical it is to Michael's life.. the song is it scary alone (to me) is Michael's most autobiographical song - though he stated childhood is.

The dance quality. Story telling, costume, set design... this should really be a Halloween staple every year.. music tv channels should play it every year.

MJ must have agreed with you after his plan for the halloween special came out after he died. I'd honestly say 2 Bad is MJs best choreography in any of his short films

More likely they've been told to take it down by the powers that be...

For the inevitable 4K DTS 7.1 remaster coming next month!!

Oh wait, MJ doesn't need his short films seen in good quality.

Back