Sony telling retailers to refer to MJ as self proclaimed and Ja**o

dam2040

Proud Member
Sony are sending out information for the new Invincible picture disc. In the text they provide they call Michael the self proclaimed King of Pop and also refer to him as *****.

I simply refuse to support these people.

They killed him and sold him straight back to the people he spent his final years protesting.

**** Sony! You see why Michael hated Sony and wanted to leave them. I might be a crazy conspiracy theorist, but I don't believe for one second that Michael's death was an accidental one caused by the negligence of a doctor. I believe a lot of people were involved and Sony were one of the masterminds to remove Michael Jackson from this world. They can **** right off.

**** Sony! You see why Michael hated Sony and wanted to leave them. I might be a crazy conspiracy theorist, but I don't believe for one second that Michael's death was an accidental one caused by the negligence of a doctor. I believe a lot of people were involved and Sony were one of the masterminds to remove Michael Jackson from this world. They can **** right off.

MJ thought Sony were behind the molestation claims.

MJ thought Sony were behind the molestation claims.

Wouldn't surprise me tbh. They were always a bunch of racist scumbags. No doubt they were pissed that a black man could have so much impact and influence over so many people. They thought they should bring him down. They were jealous of him.

Nite Line;4227445 said:
Wouldn't surprise me tbh. They were always a bunch of racist scumbags. No doubt they were pissed that a black man could have so much impact and influence over so many people. They thought they should bring him down. They were jealous of him.

MJ actively looked at buying Sony out of their partnership. Yet here we are some 15 years later and they’ve got all the power they wanted.

I am beyond infuriated at all of this. What disgusting creatures these people are.

dam2040;4227446 said:
MJ actively looked at buying Sony out of their partnership. Yet here we are some 15 years later and they’ve got all the power they wanted.

Thanks to the Michael Jackson estate.

If this is true, I'm not sure what to do. I was going to buy HIStory and Invincible on vinyl, and now I'm not sure I want to give these horrible people my money.

Thanks, it doesn't surprise me because of the way they treated him prior to 2003.....making people like Ricky Martin etc defend SONY and Tommy Mottola, while criticizing MJ for being a drama queen and out of touch blah blah blah.

That tweet is no longer available. Even when it was available, it was an edited screenshot of MJ Cast's inbox, with redacted information on the side bar. I would like to see the actual complete e-mail, showing its origin, who wrote it and to whom it was CC-ed, etc., before popping my cork over it. People are out-sourced to write blurbs for web-sites and work from home, etc......I would be very surprised if this is a directive from anywhere high up in Sony....more likely an underling who got things horribly wrong. I could not care less about Sony, as an entity, but I also do not subscribe to conspiracy theories and I believe the Estate would neither know about, nor condone the wording of that blurb, as it stands.

I agree. I doubt that they would be so unprofessional, even if they disliked Michael on a personal level.

I think the worst slime works at Sony, though, and I'm not surprised by any of it. Unfortunately, it's still Michael's record label.

This fueled me to make a rant video for my YouTube channel tbh lol. I'm infuriated that this even happened in 2018. It feels like traveling back in time to when Michael was a media pariah from late 1993 until his death. He shouldn't be receiving this terrible treatment in death.

So its true or just a fan made claim, any proof?

I really do doubt that Sony would have done such a unprofessional marketing thing, especially with that *****, if the KoP title has been officlal since 1995 by Dan Back, the creator of the title and logo!!!!

by Dan in response to my email about the title on Hypebot article about the title King of Pop:
"I saw your post in response to the SongFacts interview re-printed in Hypebot. You are abslutely right, and I referenced it wrong in the article. Michael's management wished to perpetuate create a campaign for the title and that's what we were concerned with at the time. The media was turning on Michael, and we thought pushing that titled could strength the media backlash. My comment in this article was too short-cut and not a clear version of the story or what I intended to present.
Ultimately, what I had hoped to convey was that in the end, he was right, and that those of us who fretted over these issues with him, were ultimately over-protective. I always saw that our taking issue was ironic, as he took those risks and succeeded, which is what a legendary entertainer does.
I hope that brings greater clarity to the issue. I have the deepest respect and appreciation for Michael's talent and the enormously challenging life that he lived. I had the honor of working with Michael for several years. I thought the article was going to be one strictly about songwriting, so I perhaps let down my guard when it turned into so many questions about Michael. Unfortunately, anything that is said about MJ sadly seems to be a source of clickbait. I blame myself.
Sincerely,
Dan Beck

PS: I tried to stop the re-printing of this story because of your point. The "King of Pop" issue was an old story and for it to be a headline now is ridiculous. I got toalked out of stopping it. That was another mistake. It's horrible to have that out there. But again, I can only blame myself."

Last edited:
Sony are sending out information for the new Invincible picture disc. In the text they provide they call Michael the self proclaimed King of Pop and also refer to him as *****.

Not available. Sure there is a reason MJ-Cast does no longer spread it, may nothing be legit.

DO NOT FORGET - MICHAEL JACKSON NEVER CALLED OR TITLED HIMSELF - KING OF POP!

The bio is on several retailers website. This is legit.

Actually, it was Bob Jones (his long-time publicist from 1987 to 2004) who named him ‘King Of Pop’.

According to Bob Jones, MJ desperately wanted a moniker out of jealousy back then.

So, Bob Jones came up with the idea of him being referred to as the 'King Of Pop' (in the late 80s).

MJ liked that title & adopted it immediately.

It is interesting to note that Quincy Jones was against such an idea from the very beginning.

…I put the words in the speech for Quincy to refer to Michael as ‘the King of Pop’ – a title I had bestowed upon him because Michael had wanted a moniker like Bruce Springsteen, Frank Sinatra and Elvis. In fact, I was the one who got Liz Taylor to introduce him at the Soul Train Awards in 1989 as ‘the King of Pop, Rock and Soul’. Anyway, on this particular night, Quincy read my ghost-written speech, but left out the ‘King Of Pop’ part. Michael was furious…” (Bob Jones, Michael Jackson: The Man Behind the Mask: An Insider's Story of the King of Pop)

Bob Jones was also the one who later made several necessary strategic moves in order for MJ to be established with that title (releasing, for example, press releases which categorically stated that MJ had to be called ‘the King of Pop’ from now on).

The original poster of this content has now posted further, undeniable proof. Sony themselves have admitted to it and are changing it now they have been caught out.

I can't link due to MJJC not allowing to link to other MJ websites.

This the the email they received from Sony.

axkQNmQY_o.jpg

so we have a case here

the King Of Pop title was/has been set as a trademark, wasnt it?

Does it say Michael spent much of the 90s "laying low"?? hahahaha

That is shockingly bad.

On the MJ cast website, Sony have apologised and is going to change the information on the websites.

But why do they still continue to employ people who hate Michael? They've won the war so why sabotage their cash cow projects?

The estate are just as bad.

Back