Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,134 Times in 833 Posts

Default BBC Radio 2 to celebrate Madonna, MJ and Prince's 60th birthdays

BBC Radio 2 Team Up with Official Charts to Commemorate Three Music Icons.

The 60th birthdays of Madonna, Michael Jackson and Prince will be celebrated on BBC Radio 2 this August Bank Holiday.

Across shows running from August 25-27, the legendary careers of the three icons will be commemorated, with sales data supplied by the Official Charts Company.

On August 25, Paul Gambaccini will reveal Madonna and Prince's respective Top 20 best-selling singles in the UK in a special edition of Pick of the Pops.

"It has been a privilege to present, first on Radio 1 and later on Radio 2, the chart careers of Prince and Madonna as they occurred. Prince set the standard for musicianship in the 1980s and Madonna for stage presentation in the 1990s.

“Throughout both decades, they each provided a nonstop sequence of memorable hits. This bank holiday weekend we discover which of them have been their top 20 successes in the UK."

Madonna turns 60 on August 17, whi
    le Prince would have turned 60 on June 7.

Aug
    ust 27 will be dedicated entirely to Michael Jackson, who would have turned 60 that very week - he was born on August 29, 1958. Michael's 60 best-selling songs will be counted down by Ana Matronic, Mark Goodier and Ken Bruce, before Trevor Nelson reveals the King of Pop's biggest 20 UK sellers.

“Michael Jackson is an icon and one of my favourite music artists of all time, explained Nelson. "It seems only right that we honour what would have been a milestone birthday with a complete run-down of his most well-loved songs.

“Everyone has a favourite Michael Jackson song, whether it be a dancefloor hit like Billie Jean or Thriller, or one of his superstar collaborations with the likes of Stevie Wonder or Diana Ross – and listeners will be sure to hear them all across Bank Holiday Monday.”

God, I thank you for allowing Michael to continue to watch over his children:

Prince Michael, Paris, and Blanket ("Bigi").

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CherubimII For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Blog entry10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,421 Times in 637 Posts

Default Re: BBC Radio 2 to celebrate Madonna, MJ and Prince's 60th birthdays

Great,even though idk why Prince was thrown into this mix when he wasn't even born in August. Whatever I'm not the BBC.

VIMEO: https://vimeo.com/vivacitystudiosinc YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/bleedinglitter INSTAGRAM: underthemoonofcherries

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 953
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,800 Times in 3,021 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dunk96 View Post
    Great,even though idk why Prince was thrown into this mix when he wasn't even born in August. Whatever I'm not the BBC.
    because all 3 would have turned 60 in 2018, not just born in August. I wish they would do some kind of special here.

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dunk96 View Post
    Yes,it's quite a shock to find out that when you're born in June,you're that same age in August that same year

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stephenvalek For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

No offence to Prince and I like him, but to lump him together with Michael and Madonna doesn't sit well with me. He was nowhere near their level in terms of commercial success, impact made on the music industry and pop culture. He had more flop albums than hit albums, so for him to be lumped together with Michael and Madonna as if he was on their level doesn't sit well with me.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Thread cleaned, no need for bickering folks.

This just bought home how young Michael was when he went. 50 is no age at all! I’m glad it’s being acknowledged.
    ​Like a sunset, dying with the rising of the moon. Gone too soon...