Thread: High Quality release of Bad Tour

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default High Quality release of Bad Tour

So after years and years of talk from fans wanting a high quality HD release of the Bad Tour it looks as if this will never happen. It's an absolute travesty that this will never see the light of day. I guess we will have to settle for the 'Another Part Of Me' video on the Bad 25 documentary. It has been confirmed by various people that full shows were shot with film cameras yet it's basically all for nothing and the world will never get I see it.

Yes I'm rambling and yes I guess this is a pointless thread. But I don't care. This NEEDS to be released but it's becoming more and more clear that it indeed never will be.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nextbigthing56 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: High Quality release of Bad Tour

Here is some evidence:

Here is the full version: http://icolorist.com/grading-michael-jackson/

"My first real grading job was on the Michael Jackson Bad tour in 1988, directed by Patrick Kelly. I was an assistant telecine operator at Visions, located in Soho, London. As an assistant I laced the film, loaded the film cleaner and pressed REC on the 1” VTR.

The concert was shot on a mixture of 35mm and 16mm film, it seemed at times they were shooting film for fun! The crew filmed 2 nights out of the 5 Wembley stadium gigs, film was also fed from the earlier tour legs in Australia, Japan, and Europe. As an accompanying piece to the concert, an “on the road” documentary was also filmed at the same time. The concert was cut in a 4 machine 1” online edit suit, not offlined. This was before Avid of FCP offline so the alternative would have been a lowband umatic or ¾ edit. As soon as the film came in from the lab we would be transferring it, feeding the footage on to 2 hungry edit suites.

It is still the biggest music project I have ever been involved with in terms of volume of footage. We would load each negative film lab roll onto the Rank MK111 telecine machine then set the counter to a known sync point on the film. So LR 10 would be TC 10:00:00:00. The sync point would be the start mark on the film leader.

The single “Another part of me” was cut from some of my early telecine work. The music video was cut from footage shot in London and Paris, that shows you how tight Jackson’s performance was. As far as I know the complete concert and documentary has never been released. A disappointing waste as the film managed to capture Jackson at his peak. Jackson never came into Visions during the project but Frank Dileo, his cigar smoking manager, visited a couple of times."

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Blog entry10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,421 Times in 637 Posts

Not gonna happen. We already got Wembley released in 2012 officially because it was what the fans petitioned for since 2005 and we finally got it. Unless somebody wants to break into The Estate's vaults and steal the master reels of the concerts,it'll never see the light of day. But John Branca already achieved the goal he was aspiring to: get MJ's materials back to Sony. Michael spent the final years of his life fighting against it and Branca threw all of that away. He's a two-faced a**hole.

VIMEO: https://vimeo.com/vivacitystudiosinc YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/bleedinglitter INSTAGRAM: underthemoonofcherries

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing56 View Post
    Here is some evidence:

Here is the full version: http://icolorist.com/grading-michael-jackson/

"My first real grading job was on the Michael Jackson Bad tour in 1988, directed by Patrick Kelly. I was an assistant telecine operator at Visions, located in Soho, London. As an assistant I laced the film, loaded the film cleaner and pressed REC on the 1” VTR.

The concert was shot on a mixture of 35mm and 16mm film, it seemed at times they were shooting film for fun! The crew filmed 2 nights out of the 5 Wembley stadium gigs, film was also fed from the earlier tour legs in Australia, Japan, and Europe. As an accompanying piece to the concert, an “on the road” documentary was also filmed at the same time. The concert was cut in a 4 machine 1” online edit suit, not offlined. This was before Avid of FCP offline so the alternative would have been a lowband umatic or ¾ edit. As soon as the film came in from the lab we would be transferring it, feeding the footage on to 2 hungry edit suites.

It is still the biggest music project I have ever been involved with in terms of volume of footage. We would load each negative film lab roll onto the Rank MK111 telecine machine then set the counter to a known sync point on the film. So LR 10 would be TC 10:00:00:00. The sync point would be the start mark on the film leader.

The single “Another part of me” was cut from some of my early telecine work. The music video was cut from footage shot in London and Paris, that shows you how tight Jackson’s performance was. As far as I know the complete concert and documentary has never been released. A disappointing waste as the film managed to capture Jackson at his peak. Jackson never came into Visions during the project but Frank Dileo, his cigar smoking manager, visited a couple of times."
    thanks for this. Incredible story. The idea that all these 35mm and 16mm hours of shooting are not going to be edited and released drives me crazy. Film is not eternal.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,611 Times in 1,290 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing56 View Post
    I guess we will have to settle for the 'Another Part Of Me' video on the Bad 25 documentary.
    We also have Man in the Mirror from Moonwalker Blu-Ray:

I hope they will release some Bad Tour concert on Blu-Ray. They need to release it at some point if they have the footage. Bad Tour in HD would be the best release ever.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,164 Times in 736 Posts

Well I don't care. I really am satisfied with the Wembley DVD, but we have a right to see more Bad Tour concerts to be out, shows like New York 88', Rome 88', Berlin 88', Liverpool 88', L.A. 89 heck even Pensacola Rehearsals and we deserve those in HD version releases. If we don't get it, they'll just have to keep pleading and pushing until they gave in. They can't keep us in years of suspense and disappointments anymore, they just can't, that just makes pushing them even more.
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA