A hologram Michael Jackson appear at a Chinese tribute show

I just wish they get rid of this hologram concept. It's both disrespectful and creepy at the same time.

They didn't even try to pass it off as Michael which is diabolical. They literally just used a Chinese impersonator without trying to change his face to resemble Michael in the slightest and used the technology. What an absolute Greek tragedy lol. It would have saved the grief of using the technology by just using the impersonator they used instead of spending all that extra money on the hologram in the first place.

I like the ideea of holograms, but this one was very bad in terms of moves and look

I think it's not well done, but I like the idea that the people in China pay tribute to Michael

And I thought the 2014 hologram was bad lol
The only decent hologram I've seen is the Tupac one IMO...

I see things like this and knowing what Michael died fighting for it just makes me feel so sad.

I just wish they get rid of this hologram concept. It's both disrespectful and creepy at the same time.

Well....I agree with you in some ways and not in others. I think that the hologram technology itself is quite interesting and I don't believe that people will stop experimenting with it, in the years to come, in their attempts to perfect it.

As far as a Michael Jackson hologram is concerned, I'm not especially interested in seeing it become a regular thing. Basically, I put MJ holograms into the same category as live MJ impersonators and tribute artists.

I'm interested to know if people who object to the hologram idea, also object to impersonators. They probably do, because impersonators can be quite creepy at times. I don't see any of it as disrespectful, though.....I think this happens because Michael created a huge hole in the world when he left it and people just miss him and want to hold onto him. Sometimes they just hold on too tight and go too far.

Well....I agree with you in some ways and not in others. I think that the hologram technology itself is quite interesting and I don't believe that people will stop experimenting with it, in the years to come, in their attempts to perfect it.

As far as a Michael Jackson hologram is concerned, I'm not especially interested in seeing it become a regular thing. Basically, I put MJ holograms into the same category as live MJ impersonators and tribute artists.

I'm interested to know if people who object to the hologram idea, also object to impersonators. They probably do, because impersonators can be quite creepy at times. I don't see any of it as disrespectful, though.....I think this happens because Michael created a huge hole in the world when he left it and people just miss him and want to hold onto him. Sometimes they just hold on too tight and go too far.

Interesting point and in my eyes absolutely not. When the Estate paraded around the hologram, it was 'Michael Jackson like you'd never seen him before'. If they'd cut the middle man out and said Ernest Valentino will be dancing to 'Slave To The Rhythm' it's a completely different story.

Paying homage to the man by dancing/singing like him is completely different to attempting to puppet a dead man's body.

I respectfully disagree. I don't think impersonators and holograms are the same. Impersonating Michael Jackson involves someone dressed as Michael Jackson and dancing and imitating his dance moves. On the other hand, holograms are trying to bring MJ back with the use of technology. It isn't the same. Holograms are essentially trying to bring the dead back to life in a way, and I find that quite creepy tbh.

It depends.
If you're going to a tribute show knowing you're going to be watching an impersonator perform, it's totally different from going to a show, expecting a hologram of the real Michael only to see a hologram of an impersonator.
In my eyes, that's deceiving.

I don't understand why they didn't just have a live impersonator? Are they just testing the technology? It just looks strange because the impersonator doesn't look like Michael

Honestly, Unless they perfect the technology, take concert footage as the source and make that the actual hologram without impersonators then just stop. I think MJ would have been interested in the technology behind it if it was used properly. As I said above, the only decent use of the tech was the tupac hologram. Whether you like the artist or not, that is how it's supposed to be showcased. They used his best known tracks.
The billboard hologram performance would've been better if they had used a medley similar to the Superbowl. Instead, they chose to just advertise STTR because of it release at the time. Missed opportunity IMO among the other blatant flaws...

What happened to that other hologram that some company was supposedly working on?

Looks like a video game.. like not a very good one. Not trying to hate but wtf is this?

I've seen better cgi in highschool media art classes.

Looks like a video game.. like not a very good one. Not trying to hate but wtf is this?

I've seen better cgi in highschool media art classes.

LOL. My thoughts exactly. I do wish they'd give up this hologram idea.

This is dumb as f××k! Whats the point of using an impersonator hologram..I thought the hologram for slave to the rhythm was dumb too...if youre gonna do an mj hologram use real mj footage or however they do it..if that cant be done then the hologram idea should be thrown away worldwide.

Back