The Three Tenors

Spidey

Proud Member
Michael Jackson announced he would be performing with the three tenors in the late 90s, but he only showed up and didn't actually perform. Does anyone know the story of this?
Also, I read on here that Pavarotti didn't like MJ? I thought they performed together? Was there a falling out?

Spidey;4229134 said:
Michael Jackson announced he would be performing with the three tenors in the late 90s, but he only showed up and didn't actually perform. Does anyone know the story of this?
Also, I read on here that Pavarotti didn't like MJ? I thought they performed together? Was there a falling out?

MJ was never meant to perform on-stage with The Three Tenors in late 90s.

MJ was meant to perform on-stage with Luciano Pavarotti for the ‘Pavarotti & Friends’ concert at Modena on June 1st (1999), during the ‘We Are The World’ performance at the end of the concert.

But because of his son’s (Prince Michael) health problems at the time (reportedly, seizure along with high fever, among others), MJ eventually backed out of that commitment.

Later, it became clear that his son’s health condition was not as serious as it was reported. The reports simply exaggerated Prince Michael’s health issues.

Due to MJ’s rather unreasonable breach of contract (that led to his not performing with Pavarotti at Modena for that charity concert), Pavarotti in turn decided not to perform with him, either (for the upcoming ‘MJ & Friends’ charity shows).

Back