Visiting L.A

Derek22

Proud Member
Hi folks

I am visiting L.A and Las Vegas next month and I remember seeing a thread on here a few years back (think it also resurfaced more recently) of MJ related places to visit in each of these cities. I've had a look trying to find it again and used the search function but can't seem to find it. Could someone be kind enough to copy a link in with the thread I am on about. It had a huge list of places on it and I intend to visit as many as possible.

Many thanks, also feel free to move if this if posted in the wrong section.

Derek

Some stuff in LA:

THRILLER:
House -
1345 Carroll Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90026, USA
Palace Theater - 630 S Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90014
Dance sequence -
3692 Union Pacific Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90023, USA

The Moonwalker set is at Universal Studios, you can see portions on the 'back lot tour' if they go down 'brownstone street'.. much of it is not original due to the fire that happened years back.

His last home:
100 N Carolwood Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90077

Michael Jacksons star is right infront of the Chinese theater

There is a lot more, just depending on how detailed you want to get.. You Are Not Alone filmed in Pantages Theatre

Westlake studio where Mike recorded many of his albums - 7265 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90046 (it is pretty ran down but still) The Off The Wall cover picture was taken outside there as well.. The wall has been repainted but you can still see the bricks.

I used that thread that you're referring to when I travelled to LA and Vegas. I visited a lot of spots. I have it bookmarked on my old laptop. When do you travel and I can try to look it out for you?

The book linked to Travelling with a King is a great source though too.

Must dos for me would be Thriller house, the Palace theatre, the MJ star, Forest Lawn and Neverland (if you have a car).

KOPV - this is the first time I've ever heard anyone mention the Moonwalker set being at Universal Studios, anyone have more information on that? Or pictures?

I travel on 8th October, that would be great if you could try and find the thread. I plan to do those things you have mentioned, we have a hire car whilst there and are staying in Santa Barbara for a night so I plan on driving to Neverland from Santa Barbara as its closer than L.A. Thanks for you're help and recommendations.

Back