Thread: The Best Mccartney/MJ Collaborative Song

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default The Best Mccartney/MJ Collaborative Song

So which song did they have the best chemistry on, which song was their most forgettable etc.
    Last edited by Snowbunny Sorcerer; 10-09-2018 at 08:00 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowbunny Sorcerer For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,145 Times in 1,602 Posts

Default Re: The Best Mccartney/MJ Collaborative Song

Cool poll
    I voted for say say say as I love that song really. I just heard it this morning and it just zips me back to my childhood lol.
    I love the video as Michael is truly beautiful and cute there.
    It’s Quite a nostalgic song for me.

MJJC Social Network Admin
    www.mjjcommunity.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Daryll748 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 434
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,859 Times in 3,050 Posts

I definitely voted for 'The Girl is Mine'-I love everything about it. I love the melody, I love the bridge, I love Michael's dreamy vocals and the way he pronounces words-and I like Paul's voice too. Always loved the banter at the end. And I'm sure I'm voting for it, because I bought Thriller, and listened to the song constantly, and I didn't buy Paul's album that 'Say, Say, Say' was on.
    That said, I LOVE the chemistry in 'Say, Say, Say' video-and I love the plot, the scenery, the costumes-reminds me of parts of 'On the Town' with Gene Kelly and other movies where he did vaudeville stuff. They're great together and Michael looks just about the best he's ever looked.

Don't care for 'The Man' at all. And I really like 'Girlfriend'-when Paul sings it, it does sound like a 'kid' song, which makes sense, as he said he wrote it for the Jackson 5, not really realizing they had grown up by then. And when Michael sings it, it sounds playful and flirty and not kid-like at all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to barbee0715 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 1,700 Posts

This is hard, I adore The Girl Is Mine but I think I'll go with Say Say Say

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

I remember, when I was a kid, around 16 or so, I started earning my own money. That's when I started really collecting MJ stuff. I really liked "Say, Say, Say" and thought it was much, much better than "The Girl Is Mine". But I had read in "Black & White" (probably the best fan magazine that ever existed), that there was another song they had recorded, called "The Man".
    In those days, if you were a regular kid like me, the only way to get your hands on rare songs were bootleg CDs. "Remind The Remix", "Noone Moves Like J**o" and all that stuff. One day I got my hands on such a CD that had "The Man" on it. It was a CD with MJ duets and stuff. It had the song "Save Me" on it too, which I love to this day. And then I heard "The Man". The sound quality was terrible, but I was blown away by the song and the vocals.
    I grew up in a family where harmonizing (singing in harmony) was a big deal. We did that a lot. And then when I heard Michael and Paul do it, it was awesome. They were doing it the simple, old fashioned way. "Ooh, there's such a man..." that's where it's most obvious.

I think I must have listened to that song a few thousand times on repeat back then. It still has a very special place in my heart. So I voted for "Girlfriend". Just kidding.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Been Told For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks

I've already gone into depth as to why I love 'the man' elsewhere on this board. however, Michael dominates (which I have no problem with, as he sounds great!) and it doesn't feel like much of a vocal 'duet' between the two. fun fact: it's actually Michael and linda that harmonise on the chorus together.

'say say say' was a grower for me, but now I can't imagine it not being part of my collection. paul lays it down for Michael to come through with one of his most energetic, clear and smooth vocals ever! interesting contradictory lyrics about pleading for love - which are in line with michael's themes. nice short film on top of that (could have with more dancing from Michael though..). that being said, I think it could do with some editing towards the ending instrumental..

'the girl is mine' - i'm usually not a ballad person. I do however, enjoy the playful nature of this 'duel', ha! I can tell the two of them are having fun. I think paul bought out that side of Michael. very melodic too - which is what carries the story along. there's nothing I would change about this.

depending on my mood, it's out of those 3. I honestly can't decide at the moment! guess i'll have to go and listen to them