Don't Stop Til You Get Enough (Demo)

analogue

Proud Member
It's amazing how close to the finished version this demo is, and it makes me laugh when people say ''It was all because of Quincy Jones'' - because this shows that the entire thing was completly Michael's vision

No the home demo was Quincy's vision aswell. In the studio during the off the wall sessions he gave mj a rough guideline and told him to go home and make this

No the home demo was Quincy's vision aswell. In the studio during the off the wall sessions he gave mj a rough guideline and told him to go home and make this
What are you talking about? Where did you hear that??

What? That didn't happen.

Hmmm.. No, he didn't.

Where in the name of blue Jesus did you pull this shite from? Hahha

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quincy himself didn't even claim that when presented with the demos during the Estate lawsuit. He just got angry haha

Cool thread mate
To think Michael was only 20 years old when he wrote, (co) produced and sung this classic song is just staggering

Man what a real talent he was

What rubbish? The song was Michael's vision all along. Quincy had nothing to do with the creation of the song. I wish some people would stop making it seem like Michael was nothing without Quincy. Michael was a genius, before & after working with Quincy. If it was up to Quincy, Billie Jean wouldn't be the Billie Jean that we know and love today. Jones hated the intro to the song, but Michael loved it and kept the intro instead of cutting it like Quincy wanted him to. Thank God for that, because Quincy would have ruined a classic. So stop saying that Quincy made Michael. No, Michael had more talent than Quincy and he would have made it to the top with or without Quincy Jones.

What did he say about them?

Jones got nervous and failing when Weitzmann first played the demos of DSTYGE, Beat it and Billie Jean in front of the jury and then the finished songs from the record so that the jury could hear how small Jones's contribution to the songs was. I think Jones last IV with "Michael stole Billie Jean" is also a revenge of this. He is so full of hate and his only goal in the last years seems to minimize Michael as a artist and to maximize himself.
Michael is a legend who never dies but Jones will.

Last edited:
Jones got nervous and failing when Weitzmann first played the demos of DSTYGE, Beat and Billie Jean in front of the jury and then the finished songs from the record so that the jury could hear how small Jones's contribution to the songs was. I think Jones last IV with "Michael stole Billie Jean" is also a revenge of this. He so full of hate and his only goal in the last years seems to minimize Michael as a aertist and to maximize himself.
Michael is a legend who never dies but Jones will.

Let's be honest. The only way Quincy Jones can get any sort of relevancy is by talking **** about Michael. He didn't have much success in his career after Michael ditched him after Bad, and he is still bitter about that over 30 years later.

Let's be honest. The only way Quincy Jones can get any sort of relevancy is by talking **** about Michael. He didn't have much success in his career after Michael ditched him after Bad, and he is still bitter about that over 30 years later.

After Michael moved on from Quincy after BAD he still continued to make hit after hit. If Quincy was really the true mastermind behind those three albums like some people claim he was, then why he didn't he create more hits with more artists?

Last edited:
After Michael moved on from Quincy after BAD he still continued to make hit after hit. If Quincy was really the true mastermind behind those three albums like some people claim he was, then he didn't he create more hits with more artists?

Exactly! Lets be honest, Quincy is only really known and revered mostly because of his connection with Michael Jackson. When you think of Quincy Jones, the first name that comes to your mind is Michael Jackson. In a way, Michael made Quincy. Quincy didn't make Michael.

Next these people will be claiming that the BAD Tour was all Quincy's vision, and it was really him who was performing all those songs.

Next these people will be claiming that the BAD Tour was all Quincy's vision, and it was really him who was performing all those songs.

That wasn't Quincy that was Navi's cousin Malique he helped with the vision for choreography

Can you please expound on this?

That wasn't Quincy that was Navi's cousin Malique he helped with the vision for choreography

And also this?

Am I alone in seeing the sarcasm going on in here??! People come on..

I see Quincy is back at it.

"You don't tell me what to do". What a bitter old man. I forgot it was Quincy's name and picture on the sleeve of Off the Wall.

Honestly, completely lost my respect with these interviews. Guy is a joke.

I see Quincy is back at it.

"You don't tell me what to do". What a bitter old man. I forgot it was Quincy's name and picture on the sleeve of Off the Wall.

Honestly, completely lost my respect with these interviews. Guy is a joke.

I used to respect him as a really good producer, but the recent interviews after Michael had passed really made me see him in a different light. :(

P.S.
For those who haven't read it https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/the-national-quincy-jones-interview-profile-1.4822342

Last edited:
Dilan;4230529 said:

The home demo of ‘Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough’ was not Quincy Jones’ vision at all, nor did Jones give to MJ a rough guideline.

That song was entirely written by MJ himself. Jones only added the characteristic fade out with those guitars chopping.

“… I wrote myself a high part [of ‘Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough’], one that my solo voice couldn't carry on it's own, to fit in with the music I was hearing in my head, so I let the arrangement take over from the singing. Q's fade at the end was amazing, with guitars chopping like kalimbas, the African thumb pianos…Quincy had the confidence in me to encourage me to go into the studio by myself …” (MJ, Moonwalk)

Jones did not refute what MJ wrote about the conception of that song when the book came out.

analogue;4230564 said:
After Michael moved on from Quincy after BAD he still continued to make hit after hit. If Quincy was really the true mastermind behind those three albums like some people claim he was, then why he didn't he create more hits with more artists?

That is a misconception.

Quincy Jones’ success continued even after parting company with MJ.

Take, for example, his ‘Back On The Block’ album (released in 1989). That album won seven (!) Grammy Awards in the Grammy Awards ceremony that took place in 1991.

Other awards that Jones received after 1987 also show that he used to be a successful musician even after MJ.

Back