Lenny Kravitz Talks Michael Jackson, Performs 'Low' (with MJ Vocals) on 'Tonight Show'

CherubimII

Proud Member
[FONT=&amp]Lenny Kravitz Talks Giant Scarf Meme, Michael Jackson, Performs 'Low' on 'Tonight Show': Watch

9/18/2018 by Alessandra Rincón[/FONT]

<figure class="main-media main-media--image " data-media-type="image" data-media-id="" style="box-sizing: inherit; margin: 1em 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-variant-east-asian: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: &quot;Open Sans&quot;, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: baseline; overflow: hidden; position: relative; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
Lenny-Kravitz-on-the-tonight-show-jimmy-fallon-2018-billboard-1548.jpg
<figcaption class="media__details-text" style="box-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0.5em 0px; border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-top-style: initial; border-right-style: initial; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: initial; border-top-color: initial; border-right-color: initial; border-bottom-color: rgb(240, 240, 240); border-left-color: initial; border-image: initial; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">Andrew Lipovsky/NBC
Lenny Kravitz during an interview with host Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on Sept. 17, 2018.
</figcaption>

</figure>[FONT=&amp]

The singer also let Jimmy Fallon play one of Bob Dylan's harmonicas.

Vibrations were raised on Monday night (Sept. 17) when Lenny Kravitz visited The Tonight Show to joke about his Internet meme status, his impressive music memorabilia collection and promote his latest album, Raise Vibrations.
After playing a game of Lip Sync Charades with his daughter Zoë against Fallon and actress Reese Witherspoon, Kravitz shared the backstory behind the giant scarf he wore that transformed him into a meme. "I live in the Bahamas. I'm used to hot weather and I had to go to the grocery store. I was buying some groceries and I thought I'd put on a little scarf to protect my throat and that's the scarf I had," explained the always fashionable Kravitz of his enormous accessory. Fallon then showed a picture of Kravitz wearing the controversial scarf and quipped, "But Lenny, this is not a scarf, this is a blanket."
When Fallon asked Kravitz about his legendary collection of musical artifacts, the singer boasted of owning the notes for the The Beatles' track "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band," complete with scratched-out lyric ideas, and Jimi Hendrix's handwritten set list for Woodstock. In amazement Fallon said, "So, going to your house is like going to a Hard Rock Cafe!" With the caveat that it wasn't a gift, Kravitz then took out a harmonica given to him by Bob Dylan and allowed Fallon to play it, saying that if he did he'd be magically transformed into the iconic folk artist.
<figure class="readmore__media readmore__media--landscape" style="box-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: middle; display: table-cell; width: 156px;"></figure>READ MORE

Lenny Kravitz Talks New Album 'Raise Vibration' & Taking Music Advice From His Daughter Zoë

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Fallon also asked Kravitz how he was able to get Michael Jackson's vocals on the song "Low" from Raise Vibrations. Kravitz explained, "We'd worked together years ago. I wrote and produced a song with him 'Another Day'.... when I was writing this song, it sounded like a song that I could've given to Michael and I kept hearing his voice. I wanted ot have his presence on the track."
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
To close out the episode Kravitz and his band took to the purple-lit stage to perform "Low." Donning camo pants, a leather jacket, and a too cool for school attitude, the singer's voice soared as he sang about love and how his urges are only human nature, which was super fitting since in between verses bits of Jackson's 1983 hit "Human Nature" could be heard.
Check out Lenny Kravitz's full interview and performance of "Low" below.

[video=youtube;m0VylUb7Dak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0VylUb7Dak[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0VylUb7Dak

[/FONT]

Last edited:
Mmmmm.....love me some Lenny. Thank you for this.

Lenny Kravitz always seems so loyal and nice talking about MJ.

Back