New thriller studio footage

wonderouzmj

Proud Member
https://mega.nz/#!jtJUnQ6a!v4AT-3WnezzJv06X4k1ZJZIJWkBU3cHgyYKDbaV6cCM
I was so happy!
This comes from the doc about Quincy jones that sugarfoot mentioned. Quincy is so smart. So im guessing he couldnt get mj rights for this so he instead recreated what he wrote with the original team for this. & not once did i see foots!
Nathan east was on drums. & he only worked on drums for on otw & bad

Last edited:
Seems typical that we have to watch a Quincy documentary to get new interesting footage of MJ as the estate clearly have no idea what they're doing.

cool that there is new footage, how was the documentary? No reason to be mad that we got new material lol! some people are so depressing

Seems typical that we have to watch a Quincy documentary to get new interesting footage of MJ as the estate clearly have no idea what they're doing.

This.

cool that there is new footage, how was the documentary? No reason to be mad that we got new material lol! some people are so depressing

I agree, but the way that the Estate is currently running things is deplorable. MJ's catalog of music, film, and concert footage should be the holy grail of the industry. And yet a decade later, the releases have been abysmal. They need a legitimate marketing team that can work on top quality MJ releases that involve remastered short films, concert performances, new box sets with exclusives. They're just sleeping on it. The only thing I see year after year is the Las Vegas Cirque show. I'm sure it's great but...that has nothing to do with Michael Jackson's catalog. It's a show inspired by MJ. We need to have a whole campaign, with millions of dollars poured into it, devoted to putting Michael's work out there and polishing it for a new generation. Just look how ecstatic we are about the new Thriller remaster. It's absolutely GORGEOUS! This is the kind of work that should've been done from Day 1 in 2009. Besides Bad25 and the Off the Wall documentary, there's been nothing of that caliber. We really need hardcore fans in the industry doing this work. Not business men in suits who are only proud of the Estate making millions. Michael never cared about all that money, he cared about how it could be used to advance and promote his art.

This.

I agree, but the way that the Estate is currently running things is deplorable. MJ's catalog of music, film, and concert footage should be the holy grail of the industry. And yet a decade later, the releases have been abysmal. They need a legitimate marketing team that can work on top quality MJ releases that involve remastered short films, concert performances, new box sets with exclusives. They're just sleeping on it. The only thing I see year after year is the Las Vegas Cirque show. I'm sure it's great but...that has nothing to do with Michael Jackson's catalog. It's a show inspired by MJ. We need to have a whole campaign, with millions of dollars poured into it, devoted to putting Michael's work out there and polishing it for a new generation. Just look how ecstatic we are about the new Thriller remaster. It's absolutely GORGEOUS! This is the kind of work that should've been done from Day 1 in 2009. Besides Bad25 and the Off the Wall documentary, there's been nothing of that caliber. We really need hardcore fans in the industry doing this work. Not business men in suits who are only proud of the Estate making millions. Michael never cared about all that money, he cared about how it could be used to advance and promote his art.
Omg i love this statement! You are so right. & sorry about the shaking. My nerves are bad. I recorded with my galaxy note 8 in uhd.

Last edited:
I 1st skipped directly to mj segment which only included the wiz, otw & a huge part of thriller with new footage. Not a lick of bad except a piece of man in the mirror. Then I heard q tlk about his mother in a straight jacket & watched the whole entire thing. Never knew q was in a stroke either. It's very very good trust me but unlike ppl here who never share anything & even tho this is only for Netflix subers i feel my mjfam had to see this. When i see or get new things from or about mj...i have to share because noone in my personal life likes mj. They see new footage or hear parts of a new multitrack & say i seen that before because they dont care & ...im like no u seen the video but not this scene or edit & they look at me crazy like im so obsessed & if so why not share it with ppl who love & embrace him like me

classic rock

And yet a decade later, the releases have been abysmal. They need a legitimate marketing team that can work on top quality MJ releases that involve remastered short films, concert performances, new box sets with exclusives. They're just sleeping on it.
They could hire whoever is in charge of The Beatles' business. The Fab 4 haven't existed since 1970 and still get stuff released quite often. The 1 compilation is one of the biggest selling albums released in the 2000s and everything on it had been previously released. Last year there was 3 different versions of the Sgt. Pepper album and also the fan club Christmas singles which had never been reissued before. Paul McCartney had deluxe box set versions of his solo albums a few years ago, one which had a remix of Say Say Say with different vocals. There was a documentary about them by Ron Howard a year or 2 ago and there was also a documentary about George Harrison. There's an upcoming deluxe version of John Lennon's Imagine album. The Beatles are helped by rock magazines constantly writing about them and books coming out about them and also the mainstream media in general. That's free publicity. In general, classic rock still gets more attention in the music press (and the record labels) than other kinds of older music, probably because rock was seen more as album music instead of singles music. Some those old rock acts sold a lot of albums, but had few, if any Top 10 single hits like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, KISS, AC/DC, etc. Jimi Hendrix had way more albums released after he died, and only 3 were released while Jimi was alive. Bob Marley is another more popular after he passed away.

I had the privilege of being on Facebook when someone was recording the Michael segment of the Quincy doc live. Started with Michael talking about the Wiz on Soul Train. I LOVED it-had great scenes/footage showing Michael from the Wiz to Off the Wall to Thriller to BAD-and turning into a megastar with screaming chaos at his concerts and appearances. Favorite part was, of course, brand new scenes of Michael and Quincy in the booth while making Thriller-Michael was absolutely adorable and I couldn't stop smiling.
Short but sweet. I didn't see Jonathon in the part where they recreated the music-guess they filmed several sessions.

Thank you for sharing this footage. It's great to see everyone back together and the footage of Mike is precious

I want that audio recording of the new P.Y.T., it's amazing.

Nice to see footage of Rod Temperton also. R.I.P...

I just watched the documentary, and it's good IMO.

btw, there's also HD snippets from the Making of Thriller on it!!

https://mega.nz/#!jtJUnQ6a!v4AT-3WnezzJv06X4k1ZJZIJWkBU3cHgyYKDbaV6cCM
I was so happy! This comes from the doc about Quincy Jones that sugarfoot mentioned. Quincy is so smart. So im guessing he couldnt get mj rights for this so he instead recreated what he wrote with the original team for this. & not once did i see foots! Nathan east was on drums. & he only worked on drums for on otw & bad

Recreated what HE wrote??? Producing is not the same as writing.

I have seen everything on this footage before, apart from two or three tiny snippets.

Recreated what HE wrote??? Producing is not the same as writing.

I have seen everything on this footage before, apart from two or three tiny snippets.
Your point is what? Damn mane we already get no michael at all. Stop tryna steal the little joy that i can have. Damn

^ Its called 'Quincy' and its on netflix.. IT is basically about his entire life. It's good!

Your point is what? Damn mane we already get no michael at all. Stop tryna steal the little joy that i can have. Damn

LOL. Thanks for asking - I'll tell you my point. Firstly, I'm not stealing your joy. I have absolutely no influence over anyone else's joy! I just don't think this Netflix event is earth-shatteringly exciting and it doesn't warrant the hype, unless one is a Quincy fan, of course. The footage of Michael that has been shared is not new to me, apart from a couple of brief glimpses.....that's all I'm saying. If it's new to other people, then that's fine.

Also, after saying that I wasn't going to watch this documentary, because I take a very dim view of the way in which Quincy Jones has spoken about Michael, in recent years and I just don't like the guy..... I did finally start watching it last night. I was forty-five minutes into it and bored out of my mind by the time I paused it, to go to bed and I was still waiting to see Michael Jackson. Currently, it's just a "who's who" of the people he worked with, everyone licking his boots and him still calling people "man", "cat", "baby", "honey", etc. like the sixties never ended. ~yawn~

I agree.
The documentary is just a fawning vanity project, which is understandable considering his daughter put it together. My only surprise is that I have seen little criticism in this regard in the media. Can you imagine what the press would be saying if Prince/Paris put together a glowing documentary about MJ??? (I think Prince will one day given his interests in film directing/production) It would be ripped to shreds before it was even released.

I haven't seen the Doc yet, but I read a lot of reviews that weren't wonderful and also called it "fawning".
Unfortunately, think the reviewers were looking for more stories like his recent nasty interviews.
I watched 2 other Quincy docs on YouTube last week that were excellent but too short imo.
I'd like them to go into more detail of those early days too.

I really enjoyed the segment on Michael in this one.

I haven't seen the Doc yet, but I read a lot of reviews that weren't wonderful and also called it "fawning".

It was fawning! That is an apt description. I barely suffered through the entire thing, just to see Michael and there was only a small sample of him, most of which I'd seen before, in other places. In the section where Quincy returned to his childhood home in Chicago and later was signing autographs for local people who had gathered out the front, there was a small child who said, on camera, "This is the guy who gave Michael Jackson his start." Quincy laughed, faked humility and gave the boy a hug, but I felt suspicious that he had been coached to say that.....probably given a dollar or two. That sort of thing gives me pause, you know??? No way in hell, did he give Michael Jackson his start. Michael Jackson helped Quincy to cross over from jazz and movie scores, into mainstream music.

I agree.
The documentary is just a fawning vanity project, which is understandable considering his daughter put it together. My only surprise is that I have seen little criticism in this regard in the media. Can you imagine what the press would be saying if Prince/Paris put together a glowing documentary about MJ??? (I think Prince will one day given his interests in film directing/production) It would be ripped to shreds before it was even released.

Absolutely.

It was fawning! That is an apt description. I barely suffered through the entire thing, just to see Michael and there was only a small sample of him, most of which I'd seen before, in other places. In the section where Quincy returned to his childhood home in Chicago and later was signing autographs for local people who had gathered out the front, there was a small child who said, on camera, "This is the guy who gave Michael Jackson his start." Quincy laughed, faked humility and gave the boy a hug, but I felt suspicious that he had been coached to say that.....probably given a dollar or two. That sort of thing gives me pause, you know??? No way in hell, did he give Michael Jackson his start. Michael Jackson helped Quincy to cross over from jazz and movie scores, into mainstream music.

LOL I wouldn't be surprised at all if that boy was told to say that for the cameras.
That's QJ's style - try to gain as much credit for OTW, BAD, Thriller as possible - but of course it's possible the boy was just minsinformed by a parent or inaccurate internet site. MJ and QJ's work together benefited them both greatly but Berry Gordy gave MJ his start. End of.

Back