New MJ music and merch.

It's neither a new logo (already been used on merch) nor is there new music coming anytime soon.

There could be new music coming soon according to La times and Mark Ronson. Just a matter of when..
It's neither a new logo (already been used on merch) nor is there new music coming anytime soon.

Here is a full list of what is registered by Triumph International Inc.:
https://www.trademarkia.com/company-triumph-international-inc-1263545-page-1-2
And this one is not new:
mj-88123554.jpg

Sadly, our sources say no new music is being released because the vault is empty.

*sigh*

TMZ has resources that some of us could only dream of. How is it possible that they're so painfully incorrect?

And this one is not new:
mj-88123554.jpg

Yes, this logo has been used for at least five years, perhaps longer. It was featured prominently in Las Vegas, on anything and everything to do with MJ ONE, until the Diamond birthday celebration, when the "crown" logo was then used. I notice that the official Michael Jackson website currently has the crown, front and centre. I like that idea, as MJ is the King of Music, after all.

We’ll they’re obviously wrong. My guess is the estate is trying to keep secret and dodge questions about unreleased music until they’re ready to announce a project. We know something may be in the pipeline regarding new music.
AlwaysThere;4232015 said:
*sigh*

TMZ has resources that some of us could only dream of. How is it possible that they're so painfully incorrect?

AmitLal92;4232026 said:
We’ll they’re obviously wrong. My guess is the estate is trying to keep secret and dodge questions about unreleased music until they’re ready to announce a project. We know something may be in the pipeline regarding new music.

Exactly my thoughts.

It's been established that McClain has been in the studio for the past few months working on music with a secondary producer (which we've theorized is Mark Ronson), so for people to continue to say "THE VAULT IS EMPTY" is just absurd.

Plus... come on. We can all name at least 10 songs that are release ready.

Yes, this logo has been used for at least five years, perhaps longer. It was featured prominently in Las Vegas, on anything and everything to do with MJ ONE, until the Diamond birthday celebration, when the "crown" logo was then used. I notice that the official Michael Jackson website currently has the crown, front and centre. I like that idea, as MJ is the King of Music, after all.

It was first designed for This is It. Zaldy featured it on Michael's T-Shirt and the sole of his shoes. Whether that was designed after his death, who knows but it was definitely done around This is It.

*sigh*

I saw this when it was first published. The original TMZ story said that there is loads of material in the vault and they were hyped to hear it. Then it was updated to say a source told them the vault is empty. Somebody told them to change their story!

I'm not really sure what was wrong with the HIStory era MJ logo.
Couldn't they have stuck a crown on that?

Does anybody here prefer the new logo?

I'm not even sure adding a crown is a good idea from a marketing point of view anyway. The media has generally stopped calling MJ the 'self-proclaimed King of Pop' at every opportunity, but I generally don't think it's a good idea to play too much on status in marketing. During the time of HIStory promotion, and spilling over into BOTD and Vince, there was definitely a negative reaction to marketing MJ as 'King of Pop'.

Last edited:
This logo has been taken by another person/company who owns it now, not MJ estate:

a00e9d83f200bab38c0dfbbe30420f10--dream-tattoos-michael-jackson.jpg

Really? when did that happen? Sounds like somebody messed up.

So if they print new copies of the HIStory album (for example) do they have to get the logo owner's permission to use it?

If so I guess they're more likely just to remove it from the artwork. That's what I'd do.

Really? when did that happen? Sounds like somebody messed up.

So if they print new copies of the HIStory album (for example) do they have to get the logo owner's permission to use it?

If so I guess they're more likely just to remove it from the artwork. That's what I'd do.

This logo was lost by MJ Estate and then was registered in 2013 as far as I've heard by a private person. I don't think anyone will claim to remove it from the HIStory album.

mj-88123554.jpg

This logo was first registered in 2007-2008 and was first used for Julien's Auction in April 2009 when Michael was still alive.

This logo was lost by MJ Estate and then was registered in 2013 as far as I've heard by a private person. I don't think anyone will claim to remove it from the HIStory album.

mj-88123554.jpg

This logo was first registered in 2007-2008 and was first used for Julien's Auction in April 2009 when Michael was still alive.

The first logo is so much better. Reminds me of great times!

I like both logos - doesn't matter much which one is used IMO.

Since Julien's Auction used the new one while MJ was still alive, he has propably approved the new one. - I would think he would love the crown in the logo.

MJTruth;4232037 said:
I'm not even sure adding a crown is a good idea from a marketing point of view anyway. The media has generally stopped calling MJ the 'self-proclaimed King of Pop' at every opportunity, but I generally don't think it's a good idea to play too much on status in marketing. During the time of HIStory promotion, and spilling over into BOTD and Vince, there was definitely a negative reaction to marketing MJ as 'King of Pop'.

As I see it, titles like the ‘King Of Pop’ one can also be a risky thing because when you are no longer at the height of your success, then they can be easily turned into something negative.

For example, I distinctly remember a British tabloid newspaper calling him the ‘King Of Debts’ in his very late years (when he was facing serious financial difficulties).

Not to mention, of course, that such titles (like ‘King Of Pop’) strongly hint an egotistical behavior, which understandably tends not to be well received by the media or the audience/public.

mj_frenzy;4232121 said:
As I see it, titles like the ‘King Of Pop’ one can also be a risky thing because when you are no longer at the height of your success, then they can be easily turned into something negative.

For example, I distinctly remember a British tabloid newspaper calling him the ‘King Of Debts’ in his very late years (when he was facing serious financial difficulties).

Not to mention, of course, that such titles (like ‘King Of Pop’) strongly hint an egotistical behavior, which understandably tends not to be well received by the media or the audience/public.

Well Elvis is still called the King of Rock'n'Roll and you can't really say that he is on the height of his career at the moment

Well Elvis is still called the King of Rock'n'Roll and you can't really say that he is on the height of his career at the moment

He died a past it former shell of himself but still got treated with a lot of respect when he passed. The King title stuck with him, I don't think people see it as arrogant. MJ used it more in marketing materials [as far as I'm aware] which is probably why he's falsely titled as self proclaimed.

He died a past it former shell of himself but still got treated with a lot of respect when he passed. The King title stuck with him, I don't think people see it as arrogant. MJ used it more in marketing materials [as far as I'm aware] which is probably why he's falsely titled as self proclaimed.

Yes when other people use a title that is one thing. But when you start using that in your own marketing then people start to feel negatively toward you, particularly when you're already considered past your prime. sure, MJ the title was applied to MJ long before he tried to capitalise on it himself, but by the time he did (post thriller, post allegations), many people were not going to accept it easily.
Anyway, these days the media freely use the term in relation to MJ, usually without any negativity, which shows real progress.

I don’t think they will release anything significant until after the IRS settlement. Perception plays a role there. The estate devalued MJ during the suit so a huge release with success would change the perception of things. This may sound crazy but it’s just a thought I have. Hopefully I’m wrong but we haven’t really had anything good in years.

Back