Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,470
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 489 Posts

Post English for Beginners

I need some help from english talking people in the US and UK.

I have to write something in english that happens in the past. I have chosen something for Troubleshooting. And i want to know if its correctly written. Can u please check if this is OK? And if not please tell me what i have to change.

One day I received a call from a user who told me that the display of his monitor does not have a video signal anymore. Every time he turned the PC on, the display won’t turn on, but he recognized that the PC and monitor itself was switched on.
    So I went to him to resolve this problem. Knowing that such problems often appeared in the past, I took a new display cable with me.

Once I have arrived at the user’s office room I recognized that everything seemed normal. With one exception that the display does not has a video signal.
    First I looked over the cables, to ensure that the power cable and the display cable were plugged in correctly, and that the PC and monitor were switched on. But there was still no video signal on the display.
    Now I thought that maybe the display cable was faulty. So I went to one of our nice colleagues at my company who provided another PC for me. I was just trying the display cable on the other monitor. To my wonder the display was working correctly.
    Next I thought that the monitor itself is maybe defective. To check that I have just connected the monitor to the other PC, plugged the cables in and turned on the PC and the monitor. And to my big surprise the display turned on and has a video signal.

So I came to the conclusion that maybe there is a problem with the graphics card. To check that I turned off the PC, unplugged the cables, and just opened the case of the PC. After a short look into the case I recognized that the screw that tighten the graphics card on the mainboard was loose, and the graphics card slided a bit out from the mainboard.
    To resolve this I just slided the graphics card back into the mainboard and used a screw driver to tighten the screw again. I also made sure that the display cable and power cable was plugged in correctly, and turned on the PC and the monitor. And Evoila! The Video Signal was working again!
    Last edited by mjchris; 09-10-2018 at 04:54 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mjchris For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,949 Times in 935 Posts

Default Re: English for Beginners

Spelling and grammar edited

I have to write something in English that happens in the past. I have chosen something for Troubleshooting. And I want to know if it's correctly written. Can u please check if this is OK? And if not please tell me what I have to change.

One day I received a call from a user who told me that the display of his monitor does not have a video signal anymore. Every time he turned the PC on, the display won’t turn on, but he recognized that the PC and monitor itself was switched on.

So I went to him to resolve this problem. Knowing that such problems often appeared in the past, I took a new display cable with me.

Once I have arrived at the user’s office room I recognized that everything seemed normal. With one exception that the display does not has a video signal.

First I looked over the cables, to ensure that the power cable and the display cable were plugged in correctly and that the PC and monitor were switched on. But there was still no video signal on the display.

Now I thought that maybe the display cable was faulty. So I went to one of our nice colleagues at my company who provided another PC for me. I was just trying the display cable on the other monitor. To my wonder, the display was working correctly.

Next, I thought that the monitor itself is maybe defective. To check that I have just connected the monitor to the other PC, plugged the cables in and turned on the PC and the monitor. And to my big surprise, the display turned on and has a video signal.

So I came to the conclusion that maybe there is a problem with the graphics card. To check that I turned off the PC, unplugged the cables, and just opened the case of the PC. After a short look into the case, I recognized that the screw that tightens the graphics card on the mainboard was loose, and the graphics card slid a bit out from the mainboard.

To resolve this I just slid the graphics card back into the main board and used a screwdriver to tighten the screw again. I also made sure that the display cable and power cable was plugged in correctly, and turned on the PC and the monitor. And Voila! The Video Signal was working again!
    MJJCommunity Owner And Founder
    Making that change for Michael since 2001
    Loyal fan since 1978
    Follow me on Twitter

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,470
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 489 Posts