CBS to broadcast MJ's Halloween again this year - Saturday, Oct. 20 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT)

MJTruth

Proud Member
https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv...tation-of-MICHAEL-JACKSONS-HALLOWEEN-20181009

MICHAEL JACKSON'S HALLOWEEN, a one-hour animated adventure with Michael Jackson's acclaimed music as its soundtrack, will be rebroadcast Saturday, Oct. 20 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Created and produced by Optimum Productions, the Michael Jackson company owned by his estate, the special features the voices of actors Christine Baranski, Kiersey Clemons, Alan Cumming, George Eads, Brad Garrett, Lucy Liu, Jim Parsons and Lucas Till. (Originally broadcast 10/27/17.)

The special follows millennials Vincent (Lucas Till) and Victoria (Kiersey Clemons), who meet "accidentally" on Halloween night and find themselves, along with Ichabod the dog, at a mysterious hotel located at 777 Jackson Street called This Place Hotel. Once inside, Vincent and Victoria are sent on an unexpected, magical adventure of personal discovery, culminating in a spectacular dance finale featuring an animated Michael Jackson.

MICHAEL JACKSON'S HALLOWEEN was created and produced by Optimum Productions, with animation production by Hammerhead. John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson, serve as executive producers. Daniel Chuba is the producer, and Mark A.Z. Dippé is the director.

I don't expect this to be shown in any country or on any channel that didn't already purchase it for broadcast last year, so that counts the UK out (again).

Prove me wrong MJ Estate!!!:devil:

I hope more countries will show it this year - maybe the prize for showing it is also smaller this year.

Hope it comes to Denmark.

Surprised at this. I'm not really interested in seeing it again, although it would be good to have on in the UK.

I personally wasn't particularly impressed with it and neither were a lot of the audience last year. The ending was so sad.

After the reaction on here, and the clips I saw, I never bothered to watch it.

I'm yet to see this Halloween cartoon. Maybe if they decide to broadcast it in UK, I might watch it. But that won't happen, so looks like I won't be seeing it anytime soon.

I hope it is show everywhere. I thought maybe a sequel this time around remember what was said at the end where to next Boss. That might be wishful thinking. I am going to watch it again i love it this time i will set my DVR.

I'm glad its re airing, the fact it introduces mj music to kids.. I love.it! I wont be watching it again though. It wasnt for me.

It's not really for the adult fan but I will say that from my friends 2 kids seeing it last year they have become massive fans, like dressing as MJ and listening to him, the cartoon also scared them so I'd say the estate achieved a goal in that sense

Last edited:
That why i want to see more like this because it is introduces the kids to MJ music and the message to the kids always follow your dreams never give up.

Wether you like it or not, as long as the public gets exposed more often to Michael, it’s always a good thing

Can’t wait to see it again. Seen it at my family’s at Global HD, I have Global at home, but not as a great quality, if the quality is bad on that channel, I’ll switch to CBS instead. Might not be simulcast at least.

Great they'll show it again.

It wasn't really anything for me, music put in randomly here and there - some times the choice of music didn't make sense at all, BUT kids hopefully will like it - and that's a great way to be introduced to MJ.

LOVE this!! The fact that this exposes Michael’s music to a new audience is always a good thing. Kids that I know loved it. Good for the Estate for keeping Michael relevant and keeping his legacy alive.

I dont understand why they didnt come up with a new storyline & something new period....why a rerun

First CBS wouldn't make a sequel - that's down to the MJ Estate.
CBS are just reshowing a cartoon they bought the rights to show and it obviously gained enough viewers last year to warrant a second showing. That's good news for them and the MJ Estate but I doubt a successful showing in the USA would be enough to justify a sequel.

The show was a commercial flop. An MJ product should be aiming for worldwide exposure but hardly any TV networks around the world bought the show. Even in the UK - one of MJ's biggest markets - not a single TV channel bought the rights. Not even Channel 5 LOL.

In any case they used all MJ's biggest tunes in that one cartoon. There's not much left to use in a new cartoon that would make it appeal to the general public.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ready to get into the Halloween spirit? An encore presentation of Michael Jackson’s Halloween will air Saturday, Oct. 20 at 8/7c. Learn all about this festive musical special: <a href="https://t.co/Sv9w7z4OQb">https://t.co/Sv9w7z4OQb</a> <a href="https://t.co/q75GkPFd6R">pic.twitter.com/q75GkPFd6R</a></p>&mdash; CBS (@CBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBS/status/1050121591420465152?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">10. Oktober 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I really don't remember this at all. It really doesn't matter to me. Since I won't be watching it. I might tape it though. Despite what happen to him. I still have a habit of wanting to tape MJ related stuff. But I most definitely won't be watching it. Because ever since going back to my Christian religion. I stopped celebrating and watching anything that has to do with Halloween. I just find it wrong to celebrate that holiday.

MJsBollywoodGirl7;4232234 said:
But I most definitely won't be watching it. Because ever since going back to my Christian religion. I stopped celebrating and watching anything that has to do with Halloween. I just find it wrong to celebrate that holiday.

Girl, you need to free your mind.
omm.gif

But if it helps...
All Saints Day

On May 13, 609 A.D., Pope Boniface IV dedicated the Pantheon in Rome in honor of all Christian martyrs, and the Catholic feast of All Martyrs Day was established in the Western church. Pope Gregory III later expanded the festival to include all saints as well as all martyrs, and moved the observance from May 13 to November 1.

By the 9th century the influence of Christianity had spread into Celtic lands, where it gradually blended with and supplanted the older Celtic rites. In 1000 A.D., the church would make November 2 All Souls’ Day, a day to honor the dead. It’s widely believed today that the church was attempting to replace the Celtic festival of the dead with a related church-sanctioned holiday.

All Souls Day was celebrated similarly to Samhain, with big bonfires, parades, and dressing up in costumes as saints, angels and devils. The All Saints Day celebration was also called All-hallows or All-hallowmas (from Middle English Alholowmesse meaning All Saints’ Day) and the night before it, the traditional night of Samhain in the Celtic religion, began to be called All-Hallows Eve and, eventually, Halloween.

https://www.history.com/topics/halloween/history-of-halloween

Charlie Brown

I dont understand why they didnt come up with a new storyline & something new period....why a rerun
Why not? It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown has been coming on TV every year since the 1960s and so has the Charlie Brown Christmas special.

Does anyone know why they titled it this way? MJ had nothing do with it. How is it his Halloween? I’ve always thought the title was confusing.

dam2040;4232360 said:
Does anyone know why they titled it this way? MJ had nothing do with it. How is it his Halloween? I’ve always thought the title was confusing.
The Beatles & Jackson 5 had nothing to do with their Saturday morning cartoon TV shows either. But in the same way as this, their music and likeness are used.
Jackson-Five-Cartoon-e1353193741296.jpg

beatlescartoonsbottom.jpg

[video=youtube;ATWcPpeW1Ak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATWcPpeW1Ak[/video]

The Beatles & Jackson 5 had nothing to do with their Saturday morning cartoon TV shows either. But in the same way as this, their music and likeness are used.
Jackson-Five-Cartoon-e1353193741296.jpg

beatlescartoonsbottom.jpg

Yeah, and it's just as weird. Michael Jackson's Moonwalker makes sense. He's in it. He helped make it. None of this other stuff does. I can't say Joe Bloggs' Lamborghini if he's never owned one!

Yeah, and it's just as weird. Michael Jackson's Moonwalker makes sense. He's in it. He helped make it. None of this other stuff does. I can't say Joe Bloggs' Lamborghini if he's never owned one!
What's weird about it? When someone makes a movie or show about George Washington, he had nothing to do with it. When he was living there wasn't even home electricity, let alone movies & TV. Alexander Hamilton was not involved with the popular Broadway hip hop play about him. The same with a movie about Abe Lincoln fighting vampires.
tumblr_pglqg58uuZ1rw606ko1_400.jpg

What's weird about it? When someone makes a movie or show about George Washington, he had nothing to do with it. When he was living there wasn't even home electricity, let alone movies & TV. Alexander Hamilton was not involved with the popular Broadway hip hop play about him. The same with a movie about Abe Lincoln fighting vampires.
tumblr_pglqg58uuZ1rw606ko1_400.jpg

How can you name this as 'Michael Jackson's' (or anyone for that matter) when they have absolutely nothing to do with it. The title implies possession.

How can you name this as 'Michael Jackson's' (or anyone for that matter) when they have absolutely nothing to do with it. The title implies possession.
Going by your logic, then nothing made today should have the name Disney on it, since Walt Disney has been dead for decades. That means he's not involved with whatever it is.

DuranDuran;4232376 said:
Going by your logic, then nothing made today should have the name Disney on it, since Walt Disney has been dead for decades. That means he's not involved with whatever it is.

I don’t see how you could struggle to put 2 + 2 together here. It’s not his, yet the title implies it is. It’s odd.

Back