Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the estate be looking to produce a BIOEPIC given the interest in a Freddie Mercury/Elton John

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Should the estate be looking to produce a BIOEPIC given the interest in a Freddie Mercury/Elton

They could make a bio-TRILOGY if they really wanted to... it would need to be written in 3 larger-than-usual film acts..
    -the first movie could be from birth to OTW
    -sequel could be from Thriller to HIStory
    -final film could be from birth of his children to his death

Don’t ever think it’ll happen but if any celebrity were qualified to have a cinematic universe/trilogy about them specifically then I think MJ could be it 🤷🏻*♂️

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 652 Posts

Default Re: Should the estate be looking to produce a BIOEPIC given the interest in a Freddie Mercury/Elton

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyVegasMJ View Post
    They could make a bio-TRILOGY if they really wanted to... it would need to be written in 3 larger-than-usual film acts..

Don’t ever think it’ll happen but if any celebrity were qualified to have a cinematic universe/trilogy about them specifically then I think MJ could be it ����*♂️
    John Branca already said that eventually they will make something like this and even suggested making more than one.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,471 Times in 2,132 Posts

Lets remember, most of us liked American Dream! yes a fully adult Michael is harder to pull off but we can't expect perfection.. I do think E casanova has protrayted late 80's-mid 90's well in the past. I'm not sure how he could do today with age, a little weight gain.. But maybe he could pull it together.

Remember this? haha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8xJJS18Z6I

There will never be another Michael, it really does not harm his image if they really do try to portray him from an honest place.. I think we just worry so much if that will be the case
    **He lives forever within us**

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

The Estate should not be looking to produce such a biopic film about MJ, in my opinion.

It would be quite impossible to find a person that looks like him but also dances like him.

But even if they find such a person during casting, I believe the final result would still look somewhat cheap.

Most of his fans are not going to pay any attention to it, while certain parts of its story-telling unavoidably would also come under fire by viewers/critics.

It would be a doomed to commercial failure project.

Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,288 Posts

Been there done that, there really is no need for it

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

I'd rather have unreleased footage of Michael in the recording studio or rehearsing his tours be released then some clown from Hollywood pull off a bad attempt to dance like Michael. Did we not learn anything from the Billboard Music Awards hologram disaster? Screw that.
    MJ fan For All Time,
    Eric H "Prince Of Pop"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Prince Of Pop For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

The negative Nancy's have invaded this thread as well. Well Im here to breathe some much needed optimism into the conversation. I think if done properly a biopic would be quite successful. It has potential for sure. Michael Jackson led one of the most interesting lives this past century with total worldwide recognition, and the public would love to see it on the big screen. IF the reviews are good, and its done with care, I think it would gross hundreds of millions worldwide, similar to This Is It.

Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,332 Times in 841 Posts

Default NE

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyVegasMJ View Post
    That sounds like a similar format to the 2017 New Edition 3 night movie miniseries on BET. About a month or 2 ago, there was sort of a sequel, the 2 night Bobby Brown Story which had the same actors. So all together, that was kinda like 5 movies. There's a rumor that there might be another miniseries about the NE sidegroup Bell Biv DeVoe, because the 1st 2 was successful. Especially The New Edition Story. That was the reason the Bobby Brown one was made.

That can work on TV as a miniseries like The Jacksons An American Dream or The Temptations but I don't see many people going to see a movie biopic and 2 sequels at a theater where they have to pay. There would also be a lot of time between each movie release. The members of New Edition were directly involved with their biopic, including choosing the actors that were to play them. That would not be the case with a Michael Jackson movie. Jermaine was involved with the Jackson family miniseries.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DuranDuran For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by travis3000 View Post
    The negative Nancy's have invaded this thread as well.
    We are not "negative nancys" we are just basically saying the truth!
    Last edited by 8701girl; 29-10-2018 at 11:04 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 8701girl For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 8701girl View Post
    We are "negative nancys" we are just basically saying the truth!
    As others have said you cant fit the whole of MJ's career into a single 2hr - 2.5hr film, so if this happens it will either be a multi-part series or it will focus on a specific period in MJ's life.

I don't think any studio would bankroll a two or three part MJ film because they aren't guaranteed to get the money back at the box office, they'd want to release one film and then see how it goes before green lighting the sequel. The MJ Estate can't fund it all themselves.
    A TV project is a more realistic aim for providing the whole MJ story IMO. But even a 6 part mini-series would struggle to cover everything.

Sadly if anybody but the MJ Estate wants to produce an MJ story I'm sure they will focus on the allegations, whether it be in '93 or '03 or both and I can guarantee they won't be fair. The probability of anbody wanting to 'expose' the blackmail, the fabrications in the allegations and media misreporting is almost zero, although THAT is the most sensational and interesting story they could tell!! (Could the Chandlers or Arvizos sue a film or TV company who chose to call them liars outright??)

IF the MJ Estate ever have any involvement in a film/series about MJ I can guarantee they will be accused of providing a sanitised version of events, even if their story is actually quite accurate - the media and public have a deluded sense of 'truth' when it comes to MJ so they wouldn't know truth if it was served to them on a plate.

Then there are all the issues around casting an actor or (actors) who can play MJ.
    You may need somebody who can dance, that's a given if you're going to show anything before the 2000s but after that MJ didn't really perform so it's not necessary to show it.
    You need somebody who can pull off a dark complexion but also the white complexion without looking ridiculous if choosing a single actor.

They should stay away from impersonators who can't act. It cheapens the whole thing. The film MJ doesn't actually have to look the same as MJ anyway, They just need to look MJ-esque. A similar build. A similar set of features. Not a clone.
    They need to choose somebody who naturally has a softer, higher quality to their speaking voice to avoid that fake high pitch MJ voice people use when impersonating him.

Telling MJ's story is a difficult job and it's a minefield.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MJTruth For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree Friends25000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,477 Times in 1,466 Posts

I love that if you're not completely positive to absolutely any idea [no matter how terrible] you're a 'negative Nancy'.

Let's watch someone pretend to be MJ in a poorly made film skipping over large parts of his life. While we're at it, let's motion capture the guy and project him worldwide on a 'hologram' tour.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dam2040 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MJTruth View Post
    Sadly if anybody but the MJ Estate wants to produce an MJ story I'm sure they will focus on the allegations, whether it be in '93 or '03 or both and I can guarantee they won't be fair. )

Of course they will put the allegations in it as its apart of michaels life unfortnately sad but true

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks

I haven't seen Bohemian Rhapsody yet, but it got me thinking.
    I'd love to see a film about Michael making Thriller and the impact it had. I don't think kids will truly understand just how Thriller changed everything.
    It could start will MJ being frustrated at Off the Wall not getting the recognition it deserves, and his idea to make the best selling album ever.
    I think so much could be done. Just how they recorded the songs, MJ pioneering the short films, the year long campaign to keep the album at number 1, MTV at first refusing to play Billie Jean, the Motown 25 performance, and the impact of the album all over the world.

I think, if done right, that would be great. Obviously, finding someone who looks and dances like Michael would be difficult. But I'm sure they could find someone like Wylie Draper.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MJJ'slilgrl For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

But it's already there with the "making of tniller" vhs

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I think the filmmakers would need to do a CGI face of Michael in his later years over the actor’s face and with the state-of-the-art technology that Marvel has been using as of late (i.e. de-aging their actors, motion capture, etc) I think we’re on the brink of that being a real possibility