Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the estate be looking to produce a BIOEPIC given the interest in a Freddie Mercury/Elton John

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Smile Should the estate be looking to produce a BIOEPIC given the interest in a Freddie Mercury/Elton John

Given the interest in BIOEPICS now should the estate be looking who will play Michael in a film about his life?

Is this why we are not getting any new releases yet and should they be looking to produce a Huge film about Michaels career etc?

I am very near to going to see Bohemian Rhapsody and it looks incredible. I am also liking the look of the Elton John *Rocketman* Bioepic.

I think this is a new interest in the public ever since the start of the incredible success of This Is It!, Frozen, LA la land and recently Greatest Showman/Mama Mia 2.

I think this coupled with a Broadway show would bring Michael to the masses again and kickstart a huge Michael revival once again by showing the world what made him the King of Pop.

On the back of all this I think the estate/Sony should release once every few months a new unreleased single and produce a truly epic short film, one that actually may had been made by him! Not just a music video!

Also they could then release all his short films in FULL HD or even 4K, and drip releases of concerts etc.

I really think this should all be started for the 10th anniversary of Michaels leaving our world.

To celebrate Michael's life as THE GREATEST SHOWMAN EVER.

*BeaTlesBoy*

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree Friends25000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,477 Times in 1,466 Posts

Default Re: Should the estate be looking to produce a BIOEPIC given the interest in a Freddie Mercury/Elton

The thing about Michael is that no one could ever be Michael. Everyone knows he had something about him that's just never existed, before or since.

I imagine it would be more nonsense like the Neverland show with Navi.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dam2040 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Should the estate be looking to produce a BIOEPIC given the interest in a Freddie Mercury/Elton

I’ve always felt sad that there has never been a well done movie, or even documentary, about Michael’s entire life. The Jacksons American Dream was by far the best movie, but obviously that only chronicles his earlier years, and the only halfway decent documentary IMO is the “Man in the Mirror” doc which can be found on Youtube. With regards to a real deal worldwide release movie, if done correctly and professionally I’m still not so sure how well it would do. This Is It was a completely different type of film with real footage of MJ rehearsing and singing. We need to be honest in that Michael’s reputation and image in the United States is and for a long time has been far from great and doesn’t even come close to a Freddie Mercury or Elton John. People might not want to pay to see the story of a man who went through not one but TWO child molestation scandals.

On top of that, it would probably be the hardest casting job in the history of Hollywood to get someone who could capture who MJ really was. The person would have to be able to act well, AND have the dance moves down pat.

I think for now the best we can hope for and something we should be happy about is the 2020 Broadway show that will chronicle his life.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smartone203 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 653 Posts

In my opinion, we don't need anything like this at all. I think the Broadway show idea, which has a musical element, of course, is a much better way to go. That and Cirque du Soleil keeps the focus firmly on Michael's life path, as it's traversed through his music.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,475 Times in 2,134 Posts

Whatever our opinion is I'm sure the idea is already in the estates minds. Maybe the reason they have not made one yet is for the same reasons mentioned here..

ifff done right I'd love to see one, it would just be a huge undertaking and very hard thing to pull off correctly. And even if done correctly, many fans would still not be happy
    **He lives forever within us**

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KOPV For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I seriously think this would be an amazing idea and I feel would kick start the 10th year of Michaels anniversary but instead of being gloomy and sad, we would be celebrating his LIFE.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 464
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,310 Posts

Maybe but I wouldn't watch it. I can't imagine anyone playing Michael.

It looks like Bohemian Rhapsody isn't very good:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bohemian_rhapsody
    Last edited by Galactus123; 24-10-2018 at 03:33 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Galactus123 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Galactus123 View Post
    Maybe but I wouldn't watch it. I can't imagine anyone playing Michael.

It looks like Bohemian Rhapsody isn't very good:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bohemian_rhapsody
    Yeah, that's a bit discouraging. I am probably still going to see it though.

Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts

I might have my doubts about the MJ BioEpic idea. However I like to check out "Bohemian Rhapsody" myself.
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

I can't believe there isn't someone somewhere who resembles Michael Jackson. If they can't find someone in the US, go to Brazil. They like plastic surgery and many look like BAD era MJ... I'm more worried about the script or how they would make Michael speak...

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 653 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
    I can't believe there isn't someone somewhere who resembles Michael Jackson. If they can't find someone in the US, go to Brazil. They like plastic surgery and many look like BAD era MJ... I'm more worried about the script or how they would make Michael speak...
    Even if someone who looks like Michael could be found, then it would only represent one era. Then we'd have to sit through terrible acting from someone who has been plucked from the streets of Brazil. I just think a bio-movie is redundant at this point. Michael's life story is well known, globally. Something that celebrates his music, his genius and his humanitarianism would be more palatable to me personally and perhaps to most fans.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,247 Times in 1,533 Posts

I feel that a sufficient Michael Jackson biopic is borderline impossible.

First off, what era would they choose to represent? Michael's career was indisputably the most turbulent, the most incongruous, and the most divisive of any mainstream recording artist, which lends to a wealth of ideas and concepts that could be addressed. Anything from his upbringing and rise to fame, to the Thriller phenomenon, to his effort at a career resurgence in 2009 would be fascinating. Knowing the worldwide penchant for sensationalism and controversy, though, it would likely focus on either of the two child molestation scandals and their buildup/aftermath, which I can't imagine anybody has any interest in.

Secondly, how are they going to approach it? Will they be more optimistic/forgiving and paint Michael as an innocent victim of circumstance? Will they be more harsh/cynical and depict him as a mental case? Will they toe a middle ground and try to be as impartial as possible? Most of Michael's life and career, particularly the Chandler and Arvizo eras, would need to be approached with caution, as it's incredibly easy to sway one way or the other and present something that's observably biased or incomplete. It's easy to please one end of the spectrum (i.e., those that love him and those that don't), but it's difficult to please both. I don't want to see a film that shows Michael tripped out on drugs while conveniently skimming over his efforts at rehabilitation, nor do I want to see a film that paints him as a God among men while ignoring his occasional faults and/or eccentricities.

Third, who the hell is going to play him? Casting pre-1984 would be easy enough, but the Bad era onward would be a challenge. Putting a black man in white face would cause a sh*t storm of epic proportions, as would casting an outright white person (remember Joseph Fiennes?).

There are simply too many factors working against the idea of a quality biopic. It's easy enough for Freddie Mercury or John Lennon or Elvis Presley, because their careers were rather linear and consistent in terms of peaks and valleys. Michael Jackson consistently went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows, and that's hard to pull off respectfully.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

One problem with a faithful biopic about Michael, is his appearance changed so much over the course of about 25 years. As such, they'd either need different actors or very clever makeup to pull it off. Lifetime got close with Searching for Neverland, and that only focused on a two-year period.
    God, guns, and guts made America; let's keep all three.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Moviefan2k4 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Would you have faith/trust in a movie,when existing members of the subject matter,have milked the legacy for money,since the lead singers death?
    No wonder,critics slam "Bohemian Rhapsody",because it covers over the scandals and the finer details,and it's viewed as unrealistic.

Like mentioned here earlier,would an MJ movie,be made beyond the interests of a quick buck,and praised for missing the scandals, accusations etc?
    More importantly,perhaps the best movie would be the ELTON JOHN movie,if that has included Eltons contribution and input into its making.
    If it doesn't,at least ELTON has a voice to comment and criticise,when sadly,MICHAEL or FREDDIE don't.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,279 Times in 581 Posts

I'd rather see an Senna/Amy style documentary with rare unreleased MJ videos and audio narrating the story, along with the right choice of "talking heads" to lend perspective and add to the fullness of the narrative.

The movie does look fantastic by the way