This Is It "GREAT!"

HAHA, the greatest great of all time!

It's interesting that during some of the TDCAU segments he's only pounding his chest once but during the one in the movie he does it twice.

It's interesting that during some of the TDCAU segments he's only pounding his chest once but during the one in the movie he does it twice.

They most probably rehearsed the song and several other songs more than once in one day, like on August 15 '93 when he rehearsed "Dangerous" 4 times and that was only in the 1hr or so that we got to see. These clips are probably from another rehearsal.

They most probably rehearsed the song and several other songs more than once in one day, like on August 15 '93 when he rehearsed "Dangerous" 4 times and that was only in the 1hr or so that we got to see. These clips are probably from another rehearsal.

They are from another rehearsal he's wearing different clothes, I just found it interesting that they changed it over time :)

Michael: (On the cherry picker) ''Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee''

He looks so empty in the eyes. Probably the saddest I’ve ever seen someone look.

dam2040;4233505 said:
He looks so empty in the eyes. Probably the saddest I’ve ever seen someone look.

dam2040;4233525 said:
Yeah, he wore them very often during the rehearsals. But the few times we see him without them on, he looks so so sad.

MJ looked so empty & sad in the eyes years before those rehearsals.

Even public happy events that he attended, still he looked so empty & sad.

L’ Uomo Vogue photo shoot in 2007, Liza Minnelli’s wedding in 2002, Uri Geller’s wedding in 2001, ‘Invincible’ album signing event at Virgin Megastore in 2001, are just some of those many events in which anyone can see the emptiness & sadness in his eyes.

mj_frenzy;4233539 said:
MJ looked so empty & sad in the eyes years before those rehearsals.

Even public happy events that he attended, still he looked so empty & sad.

L’ Uomo Vogue photo shoot in 2007, Liza Minnelli’s wedding in 2002, Uri Geller’s wedding in 2001, ‘Invincible’ album signing event at Virgin Megastore in 2001, are just some of those many events in which anyone can see the emptiness & sadness in his eyes.

I’d agree to some extent but nothing like this. His face looked so different during these rehearsals. It’s hard to explain but it just screams such a soul shattering sadness.

dam2040;4233548 said:
I’d agree to some extent but nothing like this. His face looked so different during these rehearsals. It’s hard to explain but it just screams such a soul shattering sadness.

Honestly I think his weight aside he was looking better appearance wise than he had in a long time. I do agree that there are a few moments in which he looks unhappy though.

dam2040;4233548 said:

It was also because of his bigger physical pain at the time of the ‘This Is It’ rehearsals which made his face look in that way.

He was, for example, taking ephedrine to handle that pain so as to rehearse properly, but even ephedrine did not really help him to soothe the pain.

Add to that his chronic insomnia which during that period worsened remarkably.

Not to mention his increasing anxiety at that time mostly about being killed (he even asked to wear a bullet proof vest on-stage during his upcoming shows).

Such factors unavoidably were reflected also on his face, hence that different look.

This was supposed to be a nice, positive thread talking about a funny moment from TII. It kinda annoys me that all TII threads usually end up talking about all the drama that went on during it's time.

analogue;4233582 said:
This was supposed to be a nice, positive thread talking about a funny moment from TII. It kinda annoys me that all TII threads usually end up talking about all the drama that went on during it's time.

It is quite impossible to entirely exclude all that drama (that happened during that time of ‘This Is It’), even when it comes to positive threads like that one.

Personally, it does not annoy me that all ‘This Is It’ threads usually end up talking about all the drama that went on during that time. On the contrary, I find it more interesting.

I am pretty sure even you yourself find these discussions about that drama very interesting, although you are not admitting it.

I get your point but I mean the man died rehearsing for it so it's very hard not to correlate the film, rehearsal or the concerts that were going happen to drama circulating what eventually pushed him to the "end"..

:( it's so f**king sad manning! Still..

It was going to be an amazing show though and I personally get alot out of seeing this is it and it has an extra special place in my heart since I met him while he was rehearsing, spoke to him before he rehearsed on the 18th and went to the memorial.. it also makes the thoughts of that time harder to not connect it to his passing. He died 7 days after I met him

He died putting these shows on, and was slapped and forced to rehearse. He was in constant constant pain and hadn’t slept in 40+ nights.

I don’t see the point in supporting the flat out lie the “This is It” film was. The only thing it did was show that no matter how you splice it together, he wasn’t ready.

There are moments of absolute magic which further prove MJs genius, the man could be absolutely out of it and still do certain things incredibly.

mj_frenzy;4233581 said:
It was also because of his bigger physical pain at the time of the ‘This Is It’ rehearsals which made his face look in that way.

He was, for example, taking ephedrine to handle that pain so as to rehearse properly, but even ephedrine did not really help him to soothe the pain.

Add to that his chronic insomnia which during that period worsened remarkably.

Not to mention his increasing anxiety at that time mostly about being killed (he even asked to wear a bullet proof vest on-stage during his upcoming shows).

Such factors unavoidably were reflected also on his face, hence that different look.

Yeah, wasn’t there a negative reaction to the Botox as well? I’m sure he was in unimaginable pain.

As for someone killing him, he’d been right about that since 2002 when he was on top of the Sony bus wearing a bulletproof vest in New York.

Oh wait, he was apparently signing over his life to Sony lawyers the same day in Los Angeles in a supposed will.

The whole thing stinks.

KOPV;4233588 said:
I get your point but I mean the man died rehearsing for it so it's very hard not to correlate the film, rehearsal or the concerts that were going happen to drama circulating what eventually pushed him to the "end"..

:( it's so f**king sad manning! Still..

It was going to be an amazing show though and I personally get alot out of seeing this is it and it has an extra special place in my heart since I met him while he was rehearsing, spoke to him before he rehearsed on the 18th and went to the memorial.. it also makes the thoughts of that time harder to not connect it to his passing. He died 7 days after I met him

I think you shared the video and audio before MJ passed outside Staples? doing The Way You Make Me Feel. MJ is absolutely screaming “give it to me!” at the end adlibs.

I was so excited at the time, ready to see the man live, right at the front row. If only I knew what was really going on. :(

dam2040;4233590 said:
Yeah, wasn’t there a negative reaction to the Botox as well? I’m sure he was in unimaginable pain.

As for someone killing him, he’d been right about that since 2002 when he was on top of the Sony bus wearing a bulletproof vest in New York.

Oh wait, he was apparently signing over his life to Sony lawyers the same day in Los Angeles in a supposed will.

The whole thing stinks.

There's really no proof where MJ was when the will was signed one way or the other. He was trying to set up a new one before he died because of the concerts but he obviously never got around to it before he passed. Also, the whole sony thing was mostly MJ's fault. He was paranoid and thought everyone was against him when that really wasn't the case.

I dunno, these kind of posts show a burying your head in the sand mentality to me. I can't really look at the film and not think about what happened.

Yeah I shared some vids, good memory!

I was excited too, I had tickets for Jan 18th 2010. My wife (than girlfriend) and my 1 year anniversary at the time. The whole trip to London planned out.. to think, for a few years I had an mj account just in case he was to perform somewhere I'd have some cash stashed away for me to go where he would be..

What a weird feeling after he passed to think, "ok well this money I built with the imagination of seeing Michael perform will never come to reality now."

dam2040;4233548 said:

I believe he was going through a tough time during this come back session. So many people being forcing him to do things he's not willing to do etc obviously he's sad. When I heard about the agressive actions that AGI CEO has implemented on Michael before the press conference of This is it, it is obvious how unpleasent his atmosiphire would have been during this time over and above his physical pain. He did not deserve it at all.

But Michael is the greatest. He was so committed to give the best to his fans in this. It would have been a spectacular concert if he made it for sure!

But Michael is the greatest. He was so committed to give the best to his fans in this. It would have been a spectacular concert if he made it for sure!
Agreed despite the negativity I am excited to see more TII footage in the future. He did seem like he was getting back to his best and you can see the passion he is giving on stage, just for rehearsals. Especially the day where he was wearing shades and the red lion shirt and the rehearsals from Staples Center.

I believe he was going through a tough time during this come back session. So many people being forcing him to do things he's not willing to do etc obviously he's sad. When I heard about the agressive actions that AGI CEO has implemented on Michael before the press conference of This is it, it is obvious how unpleasent his atmosiphire would have been during this time over and above his physical pain. He did not deserve it at all.

Yes the comeback was going to be tough on MJ but his behaviour ahead of the press conference was unprofessional. He agreed to the shows and he agreed to the conference. He should have been on time and in a fit state to meet his obligations.

AEG were entitled to be angry about MJ's poor behaviour. By 2009 it was well known that MJ was unreliable and so AEG were taking a chance on MJ and they didn't want their investment to be put at risk.

To be honest I don't think MJ was mentally up to the job and was too reliant on self-medication, whether it be through alcohol or other means. He needed psychological help. He wasn't crazy but needed putting back on the right path. Rehab maybe.

Yes the comeback was going to be tough on MJ but his behaviour ahead of the press conference was unprofessional.
He agreed to the shows and he agreed to the conference. He should have been on time and in a fit state to meet his obligations.

AEG were entitled to be angry about MJ's poor behaviour. By 2009 it was well known that MJ was unreliable and so AEG were taking a chance on MJ and they didn't want their investment to be put at risk.

You think Randy Phillps had the right to physically hit Michael to get him to that press conference?

Whoever was on MJs side for that contract was also on AEG's. Have you read the thing? No one in their right mind would sign it. He gets paid every 5 shows should the performance be good enough? What the ****!

I'm sorry, but what happened right before the press conference in 2009 exactly?
that story is completely new to me...

Back