Royal Concert: Original Set List

Dan

Proud Member
Hi guys just found this, does anyone have any more info on this? Is there any truth to it?

In October 2015, it was revealed that the Royal Concert was originally supposed to resemble both the Bad and Dangerous World Tours with Jackson wearing costumes and performing songs from both tours including "Another Part of Me", "Rock with You", "Dirty Diana", "Heal the World" and "Bad". However, the original concept was scrapped after a meeting between Jackson and Kenny Ortega prior to preparation for the concert in which it was decided that Jackson would do a Dangerous Tour-style performance instead.

Original Setlist
  1. "Jam"
  2. "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'"
  3. "Another Part Of Me"
  4. "Human Nature"
  5. "Smooth Criminal"
  6. "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"
  7. "She's Out of My Life"
  8. "Jackson 5 Medley"
  9. "Rock With You"
  10. "Dirty Diana"
  11. "Thriller"
  12. "Billie Jean"
  13. "Beat It"
  14. "You Are Not Alone"
  15. "Dangerous"
  16. "Black or White"
  17. "Heal The World"
  18. "The Way You Make Me Feel"
  19. "Bad"
  20. "Man in the Mirror"
  21. "Earth Song"

Source: http://michael-jackson.wikia.com/wiki/Royal_Concert

Thanks,

~Dan~

I wish Michael had gone ahead with the original idea of a hybrid Bad Tour/Dangerous Tour set list/outfits for the Royal Brunei. It would have been interesting seeing him wear the Bad tour outfits and watching him perform songs such as Another Part of Me, Heartbreak Hotel, Dirty Diana in 1996.

I don't think that's true. I'm fairly certain Michael always deliberately wanted it to resemble the Dangerous Tour as to not spoil any choreography from the upcoming HIStory Tour.

I don't think that's true. I'm fairly certain Michael always deliberately wanted it to resemble the Dangerous Tour as to not spoil any choreography from the upcoming HIStory Tour.

I don't think that's true

It could be true, because initial discussions (between him & his team) about that Brunei concert covered a lot of possible ideas.

That concert was originally supposed to epitomize his up to that point glorious career as a performer (along with few additions from the HIStory Tour in order to hype up that upcoming tour).

For that reason, more songs from the BAD Tour had to be included, as well.

As a matter of fact, many other of his hits were discussed for being performed on that night, while some of them were even rehearsed, although they have not been included on that original set list of the concert.

It could be true, because initial discussions (between him & his team) about that Brunei concert covered a lot of possible ideas.

That concert was originally supposed to epitomize his up to that point glorious career as a performer (along with few additions from the HIStory Tour in order to hype up that upcoming tour).

For that reason, more songs from the BAD Tour had to be included, as well.

As a matter of fact, many other of his hits were discussed for being performed on that night, while some of them were even rehearsed, although they have not been included on that original set list of the concert.

Do you have any idea which songs?

Do you have any idea which songs?

MJ & his team discussed about many other songs (or ideas) for that concert.

But those discussions were too initial, as a result getting any reliable information about specific titles of those songs would be very difficult (if not impossible).

But initial set lists of the Brunei concert apparently were longer (as compared to that original one) also because of another very important factor.

MJ was about to perform in a brand new amphitheatre (inside Jerudong Park), which in fact was still under construction while early discussions of that concert were taking place.

So, many other songs were initially discussed, or even rehearsed, depending on the final (technical) exact form of the amphitheatre which at the time was still uncertain.

I wish Michael would have performed Another Part Of Me in future concerts. That was a major highlight on the BAD Tour

Brunei was a great concert, a nice mix of the Dangerous and History shows , it would make a good DVD release

Seeing Michael perform Bad and Dirty Diana in 1996 would have been interesting.

Some big things said in this thread and not a single shred of proof for any of it! I read the Bad/Dangerous mix on some Wikipedia page, yet it seems to be an accepted truth these days!

This would have been amazing, it would have been great to MJ show the BAD tour some love in 1996 especially Dirty Diana and Another Part Of Me
I still love the royal concert, especially Earth Song (tell me what about adlibs still give me chills)

Brunei was a great concert, a nice mix of the Dangerous and History shows , it would make a good DVD release

Brunei should definitely be released on DVD and Blu-Ray. It featured last performance of Jam, I Just Can't Stop Loving You and She's Out Of My Life. Also the penultimate (and last available) performance of Man In The Mirror. Also the last time Michael sang Billie Jean and Beat It Live. Not to mention the "What About Us" ad-libs from Earth Song. It deserves an official release as it's a very special concert.

Brunei should definitely be released on DVD and Blu-Ray. It featured last performance of Jam, I Just Can't Stop Loving You and She's Out Of My Life. Also the penultimate (and last available) performance of Man In The Mirror. Also the last time Michael sang Billie Jean and Beat It Live. Not to mention the "What About Us" ad-libs from Earth Song. It deserves an official release as it's a very special concert.

While his vocals and energy may not have been the best considering the concert was about 2 months before the HIStory Tour kicked off, I agree that this concert earns an official release.

This concert has the best I Just Can't Stop Loving You adlibs ever.

That really would have been an amazing set list.. another part of me in dangerous clothing in history era? That's another dimension type stuff to me lol

Back