When Do You Guys Expect New Music?

Dan

Proud Member
Hi guys,

So we know for a fact that Sony and the Estate aren't really looking to do albums anymore (I'm sure they could - I wouldn't say it's completely out of the picture - but for now) and as Prince said "We live in a singles-driven world" and I'm sure Branca has even said that they are looking to release new songs soon, Mark Ronson has said that they'll be new music coming "very soon" too but when do you guys actually expect new music?

I was sure that in August (or whenever it was) when Ronson said "very soon" that it'd be around Halloween since they did something last year I thought they would too, now that's out of the question my guess would be June 25th as it's 10 years after his passing, I'm sure they'll release a single and then do another one of those dance parties they seem to do a lot of now, or do you think it will be sooner?

The Estate also said that they are following L.A. Reid's philosophy of only releasing songs that Michael sang multiple times and completed the vocals on, which I also agree with. They haven't said that they are doing this but if they are I also think it's a great idea for them to "offload", as someone else said on the forum about "Don't Matter To Me", all the incomplete tracks by adding a feature of making Michael the feature.

Also, would you mind if they reworked some demos that we already have? I personally wouldn't mind the re-working and finishing songs like Cheater, Scared of the Moon, We've Had Enough and Monkey Bussiness. What do you guys think?

Thanks,

~Dan~

I really want to hear new music, and i think that making singles with all versions of song is the best decision.
And, i think, We've Had Enough is finished song, it don't need finishing, let alone contemporizing.

I don't really expect new music anytime soon.

I would actually love if they finished songs like Cheater, Scared of The Moon, Monkey Business - and especially We've Had Enough.

We've Had Enough could have a little update - and I think there is a mistake in the song somewhere they could edit out - that song needs a big release.
With the world we live in now it's even more relevant now than ever.

^^
Also - MJ apparently worked on Beautiful Girl and maybe Scared of the Moon after they were released on TUC. - So if there are new vocals - or just more vocals for Beautiful Girl - it would be amazing.

Pretty sure We’ve Had Enough was totally finished. It’s beyond perfect and in my honest opinion absolutely doesn’t need changing in any way.

I would also prefer if they did not change/update/contemporize the song - but I have a feeling The Estate and SONY will not release songs without updating them... sadly.

Every single song that is released and changed in any way - I hope they also release the original as MJ left it - like on Xscape.

The idea of releasing three track singles was great.

Track 1. 'Updated' version.
Track 2. Michael's version.
Track 3. Remix/making of video

^^
Also - MJ apparently worked on Beautiful Girl and maybe Scared of the Moon after they were released on TUC. - So if there are new vocals - or just more vocals for Beautiful Girl - it would be amazing.

YESSSSS! Beautiful Girl is my favorite song, it would be awesome if they would release the latest version that Michael worked on, same thing with SOTM, Cheater ft. Fats, The Loser etc!

I'd like to hear beautiful girl if mike re worked it, I personally dont care for the demo. It sounded messy and very u finished so I'm curious what may have come of it.
It has potential.

Ronson said *coming soon* but it seems too late to release anything this year now. I reckon we'll see something early next year. We've Had Enough, Beautiful Girl etc deserved to be heard so I personally wouldn't mind them being reworked as long as it's done in a good way and they give us the demos.

If they are planning on releasing new music in the form of singles and not albums, then the perfect time to release one would be on June 25 and August 29. Imagine getting a new song each year on Michael's death anniversary and birthday. That would be cool and it will probably do well on charts too as Michael gets a lot of attention during his death anniversary and birthday.

Thank you for bringing this up, I've been wanting to discuss this for a while now, but without the whole the vault is empty aspect
I really thought they would release something around Michael's 60th birthday but that's come and gone. I would hope before Christmas but I'm not holding my breath... I just need new MJ music, it's been 4 and half years since they've released new music

The nearest thing we've had to a new release are leaks, which honestly have been the only thing retaining my interest of late, I would have loved the estate to have released Ghost Of Another Lover in that state of completion. Just put that on the YouTube channel and don't make a huge thing of it, could have been a nice treat for fans. They could also do that with a demo of a released song or a Beat It style demo work tape

As much as I want new material though, a release around June 25 next year doesn't sit well with me, I can't explain it. Unless the demo or thing to be released was respectful and amazing I feel it would get lost in the devastating occasion that is the anniversary of Michael's passing.

A more complete version of Beautiful Girl would be a dream come true. Hopefully Michael added more vocals. In my opinion it was one of songs that had the greatest potential of any of Michael's work post Blood On The Dance Floor, such a lush melody and a really heartfelt sentiment

Celebrating the day MJ was killed shouldn't happen. Sorry.

^ depending how you look at it...

Celebrating what he did in his life the day he passed is a positive happy thing.. it's not celebrating his death

Speaking of songs like We’ve Had Enough and Beautiful Girl being released as singles. I’ve noticed they removed the Ultimate Collection from Spotify which included songs like that. I used to listen to them freely on Spotify and now they’re gone, maybe that’s a hint that they could be released as singles in the future.

Still on YouTube though on the official page...

I wish they would at least give us new material by now. If not new music then more concerts/rehearsals/docs.
This is the greatest entertainer of all time. Let the new generations and OG fans see the master in his prime...IN HD!

Robbsaber01;4234002 said:
I wish they would at least give us new material by now. If not new music then more concerts/rehearsals/docs.
This is the greatest entertainer of all time. Let the new generations and OG fans see the master in his prime...IN HD!

So insane to think MJ estate haven’t done anything worthwhile in 4-5 years.

I'd rather they didn't release anything off TUC as we already have them and the fan community would go mad if they did, We've Had Enough should NEVER be touched, its perfect, it could have been as big as Earth Song, the estate said they'd never release anything on his anniversary, I'd say the next thing we get is the Mark Ronson single

I wanna hear lucy is in love with linus. It's something about that title that drives me wild

I wanna hear lucy is in love with linus. It's something about that title that drives me wild but besides that i wanna see these rehearsals

271245cce8f1239fef7e445bf90055fc.jpg

dam2040;4234006 said:
So insane to think MJ estate haven’t done anything worthwhile in 4-5 years.

It's just really unfortunate and disappointing. There's so much they could do with the material they have.

I wouldn't mind redoing songs as singles. Like We've Had Enough. Just give it a proper single release, nice backstory etc.

I just hope if they do singles that they make them as CD not just digitally releasing

I just hope if they do singles that they make them as CD not just digitally releasing

I'm with you dude I don't like buying singles digitally and I'm 22. I'd much rather have a CD to add to my collection

More than anything I just hope if they do release a single with Mark Ronson, he is respectful to Michael's vision, we get the demo as well and more than anything else it's not just a 20 second sample that's looped

I'm with you dude I don't like buying singles digitally and I'm 22. I'd much rather have a CD to add to my collection

More than anything I just hope if they do release a single with Mark Ronson, he is respectful to Michael's vision, we get the demo as well and more than anything else it's not just a 20 second sample that's looped

I miss the old days when we could buy singles it was so much fun :)

who is mark ronson?

That's not going to happen unfortunately. There is very little demand for CD singles in 2018 and if I'm not mistaken, none of the Xscape singles were released on CD and that was four years ago. I think the only formats the new songs will get released are going to be digital and streaming.

Back