Any interest in a Captain EO Video game?

Robbsaber01

Proud Member
Does anyone else think that this would be a fun idea for a video game? I like the classic moonwalker game. Specifically a platformer? Maybe a prequel to the original film or the opposite. Explore different worlds to change for the better. ;) Maybe I'm completely off on this but I'm curious as to what anyone else thinks...
Didn't the "current" Mj dance game sell decently? Maybe a Captain EO game could do the same with an actual story?

Heh, if somebody did it I'd be interested but I don't think it'll happen, at least not from a proper game studio.
There's no mainstream brand recognition for the characters or the story. No widespread nostalgia to draw upon.

Possibly from an Indie developer but they'd get shut down by rights holders almost immediately so perhaps it's not worth the effort.

Yes the Michael Jackson Experience sold VERY well when it was released and there was a brief rumour that the Moonwalker game was going to be re-released around that time but it never happened. I don't know if it was discussed officially, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't behind closed doors.

Over the last few years there's been a growing interest in retro gaming so if the MJ Estate were ever going to do it then now is THE time to do it, but I imagine they'd need the nod from SEGA and I don't know whether Sega would allow it. If it ever happened then the best option by far would be the arcade version.

Heh, if somebody did it I'd be interested but I don't think it'll happen, at least not from a proper game studio.
There's no mainstream brand recognition for the characters or the story. No widespread nostalgia to draw upon.

Possibly from an Indie developer but they'd get shut down by rights holders almost immediately so perhaps it's not worth the effort.

Yes the Michael Jackson Experience sold VERY well when it was released and there was a brief rumour that the Moonwalker game was going to be re-released around that time but it never happened. I don't know if it was discussed officially, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't behind closed doors.

Over the last few years there's been a growing interest in retro gaming so if the MJ Estate were ever going to do it then now is THE time to do it, but I imagine they'd need the nod from SEGA and I don't know whether Sega would allow it. If it ever happened then the best option by far would be the arcade version.

Yeah the concept probably will never happen lol. I have noticed retro gaming come back with re-releases of old school consoles. I think there's a slightly better chance for a Moonwalker re release. Arcade and genesis. Maybe package them with the Moonwalker film for an anniversary release. I just think there's more to explore in regards to EO although I would enjoy a remastered version just as much lol

I think a renewed version of moonwalker would be sufficient for me! Or even release the arcade version of moonwalker on a newer counsel, re render it. Fix up the pixelation a bit and share it as a download on xbox live or whatever..

I don't really have any interest in it - nor do I have any interest in Moonwalker - if they were released I would never play them.

The only reason I could think it was nice if they were released is if youngsters and non-MJ fans would play them - and then hear his music and like it.

Any way MJ's music can be spread, shared and enjoyed is great IMO.

I think a renewed version of moonwalker would be sufficient for me! Or even release the arcade version of moonwalker on a newer counsel, re render it. Fix up the pixelation a bit and share it as a download on xbox live or whatever..

YES THIS! i miss playing the moonwalker game so much i used to play it all the time when i was little

Agreed. A remastered PS4/XBOX port would be great for the genesis and Arcade. I honestly never played the arcade until recently and it's really entertaining. Underrated games IMO.

I still play "MJ:THE EXPERIENCE",on the PS Vita,and it was a great success,but saddened that Ubisoft retracted from adding the DLC of extra songs like "You Rock My World,Human Nature,etc".

A stand alone "EO"game,would be too restrictive,and not big enough to appeal to the masses out there,but an enhanced and expanded MOONWALKER game would be a fantastic project.
Imagine taking the core gameplay of the original with today's graphics and sound,and play as MJ,with RPG elements,that you could unlock extra ability moves,faces and clothing.
Play "Smooth Criminal"segment,but as gangster MJ from "You Rock My World",or take BAD era MJ through THRILLER,tackling Zombies!
Could even put "Captain EO",as a level in space,and put the villains like Brando,and Pesci as end bosses,in relation to the short film segments.

Massive potential..but probably the only thing that could work

Back