This Is It coming to Netflix on Dec 10, 2018

NuTNC

Proud Member
Netflix has released their list of everything that is debuting on their streaming service beginning on December 1.

This month’s list is quite extensive and there’s one major title on here that many fans are going to be very excited about.
And one of them is Michael Jackson’s “This Is It”

USA: 10 December 2018

Souce: Netflix
Cr.: MJVibe

Great - about time. All MJ's videos - musicvideos, Long versions of Thriller, BAD, TWYMMF, Ghosts etc.

Moonwalker, Captain EO and This Is It - all of it should be on Netflix for all to enjoy.

I agree that Moonwalker should be up on Netflix, not just Europe, but worldwide.

I mean....once u have it on alot of different formats its hard to really get excited about something like this

Get some of them.youngens clicking on it and discover michael.. :)

What? It's been available on my Netflix for a while now. In fact i don't even know when they added it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw it in January 2018 in netflix, however this is it I do not like it and it does not seem like the best way to teach who was Michael Jackson, here he was not really neither physically nor mentally and he was not well level of his talent. They should put other documentaries of him in netflix as the life of an icon or moonwalker, captain eo and of course make a new and good documentary about his life (in a positive way) with his videos and images of the 70-80-90. There are good ddocumentary of Beatles, queen, Mercury, David bowie, lady gaga, whitney houston, avicci, aretha Franklin, even there are of artist whoes are live, but of Michael Jackson there isnt nothing good, only "this is It" and this is the worse era in his Life, and this not show who he was. The estate shoud be doing a good documentary about his Life and talents, i dont know why they arent doing yet

Last edited:
I saw it in January 2018 in netflix, however this is it I do not like it and it does not seem like the best way to teach who was Michael Jackson, here he was not really neither physically nor mentally and he was not well level of his talent. They should put other documentaries of him in netflix as the life of an icon or moonwalker, captain eo and of course make a new and good documentary about his life (in a positive way) with his videos and images of the 70-80-90. There are good ddocumentary of Beatles, queen, Mercury, David bowie, lady gaga, whitney houston, avicci, aretha Franklin, even there are of artist whoes are live, but of Michael Jackson there isnt nothing good, only "this is It" and this is the worse era in his Life, and this not show who he was. The estate shoud be doing a good documentary about his Life and talents, i dont know why they arent doing yet

I absolutely agree. This Is It is painful to watch knowing that he was sleep deprived and literally on the verge of death, but most importantly it is not a Michael Jackson product. Michael Jackson created fantastic movie magic, so why not show Moonwalker instead? Michael left behind a mindblowing lecagy of music, dance and film. So why this emphasis on projects that were not helmed by him, all this posthumos crap? I just recently watched Moonwalker again on DVD and the quality (HD) blew my mind. The story was also much more fast-paced than I remember and the cinematography is stunning, the choreography is sublime, the message is still relevant and topical, and Michael Jackson is an effing transformer! Please netflix, show Moonwalker!

dam2040;4234484 said:
Moonwalker should be up there without a doubt.

PoP;4234563 said:
I agree that Moonwalker should be up on Netflix, not just Europe, but worldwide.

Lovepeace1;4234681 said:
I saw it in January 2018 in netflix, however this is it I do not like it and it does not seem like the best way to teach who was Michael Jackson, here he was not really neither physically nor mentally and he was not well level of his talent.

wednesday;4234738 said:
I absolutely agree. This Is It is painful to watch knowing that he was sleep deprived and literally on the verge of death, but most importantly it is not a Michael Jackson product. Michael Jackson created fantastic movie magic, so why not show Moonwalker instead? Michael left behind a mindblowing lecagy of music, dance and film. So why this emphasis on projects that were not helmed by him, all this posthumos crap? I just recently watched Moonwalker again on DVD and the quality (HD) blew my mind. The story was also much more fast-paced than I remember and the cinematography is stunning, the choreography is sublime, the message is still relevant and topical, and Michael Jackson is an effing transformer! Please netflix, show Moonwalker!

Moonwalker is an old, oversaturated product that would hardly attract the desired attention & demand from Netflix viewers these days.

But ‘This Is It’ being an intriguing film, mostly because of those negative circumstances around him at that time, seems to be a more profitable (global) release for that streaming platform.

mj_frenzy;4234741 said:
Moonwalker is an old, oversaturated product that would hardly attract the desired attention & demand from Netflix viewers these days.

But ‘This Is It’ being an intriguing film, mostly because of those negative circumstances around him at that time, seems to be a more profitable (global) release for that streaming platform.

Of course many would watch Moonwalker or at least see how it is if they saw it on Netflix. There are many old movies on Netflix that people watch. I think it would be a good idea to add it.

Of course Moonwalker should be added to Netflix too. But mj frenzy is right in saying that This Is It is more attractive to Netflix viewers. People who are Michael fans would most definitely prefer Moonwalker over This Is It. But the non-MJ fans would prefer This Is It more, as it shows Michael in his final days and that's somehow more intriguing.

Of course Moonwalker should be added to Netflix too. But mj frenzy is right in saying that This Is It is more attractive to Netflix viewers. People who are Michael fans would most definitely prefer Moonwalker over This Is It. But the non-MJ fans would prefer This Is It more, as it shows Michael in his final days and that's somehow more intriguing.

I'm not sure I'd agree with that. Moonwalker has something of a, dare I say it, cult status now. It's one of those films everybody saw as a child, and because it's quite bizarre people have remembered it and gone back to look for it.

I'm not sure I'd agree with that. Moonwalker has something of a, dare I say it, cult status now. It's one of those films everybody saw as a child, and because it's quite bizarre people have remembered it and gone back to look for it.

It's shown quite often in cinemas too, like BFI and the Birmingham outdoor screening. Moonwalker and the game are definitely cult classics.

Well hell if thats the case then whats the point of everyone arguing about the estate releasing the history tour in 3d instead of the bad tour

Most of the Moonwalker kids are in their 30's now, and starting families of their own. They would definitely pull it up to show to their own kids. Start up a new fan base.

Moonwalker was the thing that got me hooked... I'll def be showing it to my kids in Hope's that will be a repeat thing they watch too lol!

That said, bring it to netflix

Moonwalker is like a testament to MJ's creative genius - and the BAD era compressed to one movie.

The story might not be the best, but the way all the musicvideos are put together is great.

And it has the long version of Smooth Criminal

It's a shame nothing was done for Moonwalker's 30th anniversary. It was released in UK cinemas about now I believe, 30 years ago.

I'm not complaining, but when you think about it, Moonwalker was pretty much a massive advertisement for the BAD album.

I'm not complaining, but when you think about it, Moonwalker was pretty much a massive advertisement for the BAD album.

Sure it was - musicvideo for nearly all videoes from BAD included. - missing only Dirty Diana and TWYMMF?

Still nicely put together.

Sure it was - musicvideo for nearly all videoes from BAD included. - missing only Dirty Diana and TWYMMF?

Still nicely put together.

Those songs were in the film. They come straight after the Retrospective intro, but I do wish Another Part Of Me was included somewhere, but it was used in the trailer

It would be a smart investment for the estate to work an agreement with netflix to come extent..

Maybe since a&e isnt releasing that docuseries, maybe netflix would run with the idea. They are fans of that kind of thing..

And/or all the other mj stuff out there, maybe even putting Bucharest concert on there.. they put concerts up now and then

Back