What actors can play Michael in a movie?

Lovepeace1

Proud Member
assuming that a film was made about michael jackson that covered his childhood, his time of touring and until the end of his days choosing three different actors (one as a child, one for off the wall-thriller-bad and another for the era from dangerous until his death) what actors think they could play the role well and why? there are many new actors and I would like to know who you choose. but only actors, not imitators.
I thought for the time dangerous-history-invincible and until his death that maybe Sendhil Ramamurthy could do well, also has a face with angled features like michael and dark eyes, black hair. I also happened to johnny depp but is too old to interpret the era of dangerous, history .
I would like to know who you would put you to play michael in thriller-bad and who for his era dangerous-history-invincible-final years (assuming he is a unique actor for this time).
put a photo or video of the actor that you think.
The first that came to my mind was this, although I know that michael was very different physically, but I came up with this one, sure there are many others

https://tvline.com/2015/06/01/heroes-reborn-sendhil-ramamurthy-cast-mohinder/

Danny Trejo? :D

Noone really. It's not doable in a way that will do him justice.
They should instead just make a really (I mean reaaally) good Docu film on his art and life that is 70% music / performanes to enjoy and 30% bits and pieces of his interview and good narration with infos about how much he moved the planet etc.
Not gonna happen... I know.

I'm probably not thinking with enough scope here but I can't think of anyone that could capture Michael's essence let alone his likeness

No-one can. They'll either not look enough like him, or it will be close enough to look like some weird parody. He had such a distinct look, more than anyone else, that to portray him is impossible. Then there's the voice etc... I think it will all just come across as comical as practically any attempt has ever been. I think they'd need to focus on pre-Bad era to allow someone to resemble but not be exact.

If they ever wanted to make a movie about him, I think it would have to be CGI (similar tech to how they make someone like Michael Douglas young in Ant Man, so I don't mean pixar animation).

There can not be the same actor who can play Michael from both Thriller and History era, for example. It simply can't. I think Dangerous would be a turning point for change. We should not fool ourselves. Michael's physical change was drastic in those years. Can you imagine a black actor playing Michael from the 1990's or 2000's, with all the white make-up on his face? It would look poor, ridiculous and cheap... in the sense of production, of course.

that's why I said that you have to look for three actors, one who plays his childhood, another who plays the thriller and bad era and a last actor who plays from dangerous to the end of his life.
the last actor may be more white, not necessarily white but with a clearer skin.

Danny DeVito. Perfect casting

Nope. I prefer the one and only Robert Englund!!

classic-robert-englund-freddy-krueger1.jpg

it's not about finding someone like him because that's impossible, in freddy mercury's movie the actor does not look anything like him, but he does a very good representation, that's what it's about, to do it seriously and put an actor who may have some similar trait (although he Will be different from him) but who can make a good movie.
Assuming there is a casting for the movie that actors would call for the casting? There are many young actors who could maybe play the role

Bruno is not a bad idea. He does a good impression of Michael, can sing like him and can even grow a fro. ;) (y)

I guess if they had to do it, maybe they should go with someone relatively unknown who can also dance. He wouldn't necessarily have to sing. They could just use Michael's voice, and they can splice in some concert footage for Michael's more iconic dance moves. Of course all that would have to be Estate approved.

I was also thinking of Bruno Mars, but he's not an actor, is he?

I was also thinking of Bruno Mars, but he's not an actor, is he?

No hes not an actor but maybe one day he might do it as most singers tend to want to be actors these days

I'm not a big Queen fan but from the trailer I saw I think Rami Malek looks enough like Freddie to do a good job of playing him in the movie without too many issues.

As for MJ, I think the Bruno Mars idea is a great one.

You definitely need a natural performer for this role.
The guy has charisma, a similar height and build, he can dance and he can sing (though I have no idea if he can act)
His natural skin tone is such that I could see him playing a Thriller era MJ and also a BAD era MJ. Maybe even Dangerous with some additional skin lightening. We don't need EXACT MJ replica, just enough to get the idea.

Only issue is the dude is getting older so the movie would need to be done quickly! He's already a little too old to play thriller MJ and he's aging past BAD era MJ. If we consider a movie featuring Thriller MJ it would probably need to start a little earlier (Off the Wall maybe?) and Bruno is definitely too old to pull that off IMO.

Bruno Mars is tiny - much smaller than MJ I think. Completely different builds too.

Bruno didn't even want to do a posthumous MJ song. No way would he be happy to play MJ in a movie. And besides I don't think he would be the perfect choice. Yeah he is a good singer and performer, but he is a lot shorter than MJ, so it wouldn't work.

People can surprise us.. would have anyone thought comedian jaimie foxx embody ray Charles the way he did?

The art of acting and the character preparation does alot.. anyone that would be in a motion picture of mike on a scale like that (not tv movie) would/should study study studt

Bruno didn't even want to do a posthumous MJ song. No way would he be happy to play MJ in a movie. And besides I don't think he would be the perfect choice. Yeah he is a good singer and performer, but he is a lot shorter than MJ, so it wouldn't work.

Bruno's about 3 inches shorter than MJ. Not too much to exclude him from playing MJ in a film. I think his build is acceptable too, definitely when you consider the atrocious Flex Alexander portrayal. :eek:

I'm not going to bother checking his but my understanding was that he didn't want to complete and release MJ's unfinished and unreleased material. I found that to be respectful. I don't think we should see that as a sign that he wouldn't accept the acting role if it was offered. In any case this is all fantasy at the moment. AFAWK there is no film being produced, no discussions about actors etc. BUT I'd be amazed if the film option hasn't already been discussed by the MJ Estate, and if the movies about Queen and Elton do particularly well then I'm sure the MJ movie will be discussed again.

Yes, it's Indian, but well that does not matter, no? it seems to me that it resembles something, obviously michael was different but they have something similar, maybe it is the angle of the face and the chin, but I could do well of michael in the dangerous-history-invincible era.

Back