Hologram Concert on December 21st

I didnt read the article, but I honestly hope the Estate won’t block it. Any exposure to MJ is a good exposure. As long as the crowd gets remembered of MJ, then it’s a good thing.

Doggone;4235491 said:
I didnt read the article, but I honestly hope the Estate won’t block it. Any exposure to MJ is a good exposure. As long as the crowd gets remembered of MJ, then it’s a good thing.

Puppeting a dead man is absolutely not something that should happen. He died trying to do concerts for fans, so now he's gone we'll just throw him back out there and pretend all is well and good?

Holograms are absolutely one of the worst possible advancements in technology and should never be used for this purpose.

The one thing that makes it aweful, is that it's (likely again) not a hologram of Michael jackson, but of a Michael Jackson impersonator.
If they could just turn old footage of the real MJ into hologram form that would be great.

Amy Winehouse's hologram is going on tour next year. I can safely bet that we will get a Michael Jackson hologram tour within the next 5 years too. Would I be in favor of that? No, because not only is it disrespectful, but I also don't trust the Estate to get it right after the Billboard Awards 2014 debacle.

id be all for it lets hope its not an impersonator but mj himself

Yeah, if its done right (sourced from concert footage) and not an impersonator then im ok with it. Imagine recreating the Superbowl medley for example.

OMG the superbowl medley wo0uld be awesome

I went to that show. The tickets are very expensive, but the quality of the show is not high.

OMG.. that hologram looks so horrible... why not just put an impersonator on stage instead of an hologram by an impersonator.. waste of money.

Amy Winehouse's hologram is going on tour next year. I can safely bet that we will get a Michael Jackson hologram tour within the next 5 years too. Would I be in favor of that? No, because not only is it disrespectful, but I also don't trust the Estate to get it right after the Billboard Awards 2014 debacle.

I don't really see how it's disrespectful. People are intelligent enough to separate the man from the hologram and of course, it goes without saying, that Michael himself, is irreplaceable. Hologram technology will never replace MJ...it just helps us to remember and admire what we once had. The hologram that is used in the MJ One show is Las Vegas, for example, honours Michael - it is really beautiful and adds a sense of spirit and magic at just the right moment in the show.

Also, I seem to be one of the few people who thinks that the 2014 Billboard Awards hologram segment was not bad at all. Generally, I am interested in the technology and I'm open-minded about it....if anything, I would prefer a hologram of the real MJ, to watching a live impersonator/tribute artist. Obviously these are very early, experimental days for the technology and if it is pursued with proper commitment and dedication, it will only get better and better, as time goes on.

I don't really see how it's disrespectful. People are intelligent enough to separate the man from the hologram and of course, it goes without saying, that Michael himself, is irreplaceable. Hologram technology will never replace MJ...it just helps us to remember and admire what we once had. The hologram that is used in the MJ One show is Las Vegas, for example, honours Michael - it is really beautiful and adds a sense of spirit and magic at just the right moment in the show.

Also, I seem to be one of the few people who thinks that the 2014 Billboard Awards hologram segment was not bad at all. Generally, I am interested in the technology and I'm open-minded about it....if anything, I would prefer a hologram of the real MJ, to watching a live impersonator/tribute artist. Obviously these are very early, experimental days for the technology and if it is pursued with proper commitment and dedication, it will only get better and better, as time goes on.

I am 100% with you here. I might even go as to far to say that I loved the Billboard hologram or at least the idea. The thought of Michael being able to break boundaries and for fans to see him live once again and pay tribute is a great idea. If a tour is in the works, the show has to be right and if it is, it could be a really great show that mirrors and honors Michael's work-ethic and creativity. If it goes south then I'm sure it will be interesting to see and a good show at least. Every latches on to the negatives of hologram technology when it's actually very exciting.

[QUOTE The hologram that is used in the MJ One show is Las Vegas, for example, honours Michael - it is really beautiful and adds a sense of spirit and magic at just the right moment in the show. ][/QUOTE]

wow u seen this show?

dam2040;4235637 said:
Oh it’s the same show? Huh. Wonder how popular it is.

They added some tracks with another impersonator.

But it is also bad

Not popular at all, just disappointing.

Back