That one person who randomly appears during this Dangerous performance

analogue

Proud Member
At 3:32. Some person just randomly shows up, points a fake gun to the audience and then leaves. I wonder what the point of it was

Just part of the choreography.

Yes, it is part of the choreography. I always thought it was weird and out of place, though.
It looks like it's a young boy/teen, so maybe Michael was allowing the kid to "have a moment" on stage.

analogue;4235857 said:
At 3:32. Some person just randomly shows up, points a fake gun to the audience and then leaves. I wonder what the point of it was

BadTour87;4235862 said:
Just part of the choreography.

Mikky Dee;4235863 said:
Yes, it is part of the choreography. I always thought it was weird and out of place, though.

analogue;4235864 said:
but it's so random

In general, it is very common for a choreography to have a certain part deliberately designed in a way to look weird, random, or out of place.

The reason is to make the performance stick easier to viewers’ mind just because of a random, pointless moment.

Like that person who randomly shows up with a fake gun during the ‘Dangerous’ performance.

I think that's Jimmy Locust. He was one of Janet's dancers (a hell of an amazing one..) from her Rhythm Nation era. My guess is that Michael really wanted to make use of him but maybe his height wasn't what they were looking for so they gave him a cameo? I don't know how to say that without sounding arrogant.. I know that there was a certain height requirement that they were looking for during the This is It auditions. So it's just a thing I guess..

Anyway, yeah I thought it was weird at first too.

Back